Denim Update

Lumiagurl920

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
. I was wondering if anyone knew when the legitimate Denim update was due to come out for the Lumia 920 on AT&T. I'm anxious for it to come out so I can access all the new features on my Microsoft Band. I've been checking for the update manually but there has been nothing 😞

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
. I was wondering if anyone knew when the legitimate Denim update was due to come out for the Lumia 920 on AT&T. I'm anxious for it to come out so I can access all the new features on my Microsoft Band. I've been checking for the update manually but there has been nothing ��

not yet come for the 920 on AT&T yet.Try updating via pfd or flashing the ROM of another country.PFD is easier and less dangerous though.The only thing you stand to lose in PFD is warranty and in flashing the CV Rom,your phone could get bricked

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The CYAN update on AT&T took forever to roll-out, way past the end of the predicted roll-out, I'd say if you can find the predicted roll-out end date for all phones to receive the update add 6 weeks to 2 months more for AT&T to roll-out to their subscribers. AT&T doesn't really care about its subscribers since most are on a contract.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I went through pfd yesterday, and updated the 920 I'm using. Apparently, it's not full Denim.

I downloaded Lumia Camera (it's version 4.9), which beats the pants off the default. Outside of that, not sure what the pdf update brought.

Does seem a little late, though.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
On a side note understand that the 920 or anything other than the 830,930 or 1520 will not get full functionality with Denim (Cam 5 ect) it does however seem to mitigate the weak wifi on Cyan.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
So other than the camera, what is missing?

Check out the Denim articles that were posted months ago. Basically the camera is the only thing that wont perform like the 930/1520. The rest is pretty much Cyan feel and personally I feel that it doesn't heat up as hot as Cyan. I did however have flickering screens after denim. It's now in a Nokia Care Center.

Lumiagurl920

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
When you say flickering screens, what do you mean? Mine on lock screen kind of flickers like the light is blinking in the corner. Also, the Microsoft rep said after Denim, I would have access to Cortana on the band as well as the keyboard and the other features. Do you have a band? I want to know what features get unlocked after the update

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
When you say flickering screens, what do you mean? Mine on lock screen kind of flickers like the light is blinking in the corner. Also, the Microsoft rep said after Denim, I would have access to Cortana on the band as well as the keyboard and the other features. Do you have a band? I want to know what features get unlocked after the update

Sorry , I don't have a band haha, Cortana depends on your location. You should still read up as to what's different with denim, use the search feature.
Yes that flicker is what I'm experiencing, can be seen at the lock screens or on apps as long as it occurs. Better get that checked out, it may worsen over time.

Lumiagurl920

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting for a new Lumia. I kind of want something like the 1520...the phablet sized device. All of the ones that are out now seem like low end ones. Plus the 920 is rock solid. I've dropped it a couple of times and nothing ever happens to it. It works like new too...that is when I don't have a million photos and videos hogging up the space. Which one do you have?

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for the much awaited flagship but situations like this really have me considering switching to iPhone. Seriously no word on when we are supposed to get the Denim update officially. Apple is the only ones who can bypass carrier approval and testing altogether for better or for worse but you'll definitely get your update when it's ready. I'm holding out for either a 1020 or spec'd out 925 successor with the inclusion of microSD expansion and both a killer/fast camera that will blow the competition away. Still pleased with the results from this old phone.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
This is why MS needs to go the route that they have announced, bypassing providers.

I totally agree but be aware that this only starts if you have windows 10. So the update from 8.1 to 10 is still carrier depended. After that Microsoft "controls" it.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Just get onto the Preview for Developers program, it's the same update, as the Lumia 920 doesn't get a new firmware, sadly.
Correction. The 920 does get a newer firmware with the Denim update. It brings some added benefits since my battery life and performance has increased when compared to Cyan + v14219. Plus after Denim I was able to install Update 2 as well.

thekrayze

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I want to know if I am the only one. I have an ATT L920, and my Extras+Info says I am on Lumia Demin. is this legit?
how I came to notice this, is I installed the latest Win 10 phone TP, and had it installed for about a day and a half. the battery drain was too much for me to deal with, so I used the Lumia recovery tool to revert to WP8. I tried to run the Preview for Dev app and install the Dev preview before restoring my phone, but it kept saying no new updates. so I reset my phone, installed the updated. it updated 3 times. I knew there was a 4th update, but it was the same scenario. I restored my data and sure enough, update 4. M%^$F^$%#... lol

So after the update. I reset and restored my phone yet again. I set it up as I needed (my start screen layout was screwed up because of WP10TP, so I started adding back pinned items, setting up my lock screen, peek, etc.. Glance and Extras were next to each other. when I tried to click on Glance, I accidentally clicked Extras+Info. sure enough, it says lumia denim. I clicked on the exclamation point and looked at the release schedule for USA and ATT, and it says the 920 is on Cyan. so I am curious what I did to get Denim.

Now, it is strange because it seems like some programs wont work as a backgroundnd service and I am not sure why. for example, I use LockTemp to show the weather in the notification area, it wont update the temp unless I open the app. I uses Aswesome Lock to create a lock screen with weather and battery, that wont seem to update without opening the app. I use MSN weather and it seems like the live tile does not update. I also use Battery for seeing my battery percentage. that seems to not update in the notification area.

any thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro