So I updated my spare Lumia 920 to Windows 10 technical preview build on Friday and have been providing feedback and using it over the last couple of days.

About a couple hours ago my phone was about to die and so I plugged it in. Now I figured why not give it a reboot while it's charging so I went ahead and rebooted it. That's when the phone went into a BSOD. Quite hilarious. Something about a boot manager file missing. So naturally I tried a couple soft reboots which didn't help.

Then I went ahead and plugged it into the Lumia software recovery tool and was finally able to recover it back after plugging it in a few times and switching to a couple different USB ports on the laptop. Gave me quite the scare.

The only things that were standing out to me/felt different before the BSOD was the fact that 2 apps wouldn't update - Device Hub and Fitbit. They would download-go to installing and then error out. I don't think that's related, but figured its worth mentioning.

I have been super happy with the tech preview so far. Microsoft has included a ton of features in there to play around with. I've been trying to test as many as I can while it's not my daily driver. But I guess this could be the thing with an alpha software. Figured I'd post it for someone that uses it as their daily driver in case they run into something similar.
    04-12-2015 09:14 PM
    Glance errors out as well, but I already had it updated before I installed 10, but somehow the update didnt carry over. so naturally it pissed me off.
    04-12-2015 09:16 PM
    Device Hub and glance errors out because the preview lacks those specific files, because 10 doesnt support it yet. Next build, hopefully
    04-12-2015 09:19 PM
    I did a hard reset and glance works fine.
    04-12-2015 09:24 PM
    Thanks, maybe this BSOD was related to that? I just think it was quite hilarious that I ran into it so I figured it was worth posting about
    04-12-2015 09:31 PM
    Please make only one thread for a specific topic. http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...-recovery.html
    Benny Vallejo and jobinthomas like this.
    04-12-2015 10:42 PM