1. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    It doesnt charge..Doesnt turn on...It's just a dead piece of hardware...

    I don't know what is wrong, but this is what happened...

    I was chatting with a friend with the charger connected..

    And suddenly, there was a blackout with a small "whup!"

    After that..the phone is just dead...nothing happens...no matter what I do...

    Charged it in different sockets, with different chargers, with the laptop (MacBook Air though) etc..

    Now I am going to get a friend's laptop tomorrow and plug it in with Nokia Recovery Tool...to see if it detects..

    ​Any help guys is greatly appreciated..
    07-04-2015 05:09 AM
  2. TechFreak1's Avatar
    Sounds like the battery has been over cooked , combined with with heat from the phone itself, yourself (the human body does emit heat even when just sitting down and talking - contrary to what some people would have you believe lol) and the charging I'd say that would be it.

    I've found it can get rather warm if your on it talking for awhile whilst charging.

    There is one thing you could try and that is leave your phone in the fridge in air tight container or zip lock bag with rice for a few hours.

    Any trapped heat or moisture (anywhere were there is an excessively hot surface and slightly colder surface you will get condensation - in this case parts of the phones back cover) would get pulled out in to the rice and later cooled off by the fridge.

    However I'm not sure if it will do you any good as the device has been used since the incident, as much a as a replacement battery would help never the less let us know how you get on :).
    X0LARIUM likes this.
    07-04-2015 06:00 AM
  3. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    in that case, will flashing a firmware through Nokia Recovery Tool help?

    I am really curious to know what went wrong..never happened before honestly..

    Sounds like the battery has been over cooked , combined with with heat from the phone itself, yourself (the human body does emit heat even when just sitting down and talking - contrary to what some people would have you believe lol) and the charging I'd say that would be it.

    I've found it can get rather warm if your on it talking for awhile whilst charging.

    There is one thing you could try and that is leave your phone in the fridge in air tight container or zip lock bag with rice for a few hours.

    Any trapped heat or moisture (anywhere were there is an excessively hot surface and slightly colder surface you will get condensation - in this case parts of the phones back cover) would get pulled out in to the rice and later cooled off by the fridge.

    However I'm not sure if it will do you any good as the device has been used since the incident, as much a as a replacement battery would help never the less let us know how you get on :).
    07-04-2015 06:49 AM
  4. TechFreak1's Avatar
    in that case, will flashing a firmware through Nokia Recovery Tool help?

    I am really curious to know what went wrong..never happened before honestly..
    It may help, however your going to have to be able to power it on first aren't you?

    I imagine what happened was as the phone was charging it was being depleted quite fast but not as fast to take precedence over the charge current. Whilst charging the battery can get quite warm and on top of that your using the device. The SOC is located almost directly under the camera module and under the segment that is in direct contact with your ear which would have acted as some sort of insulation therefore trapping the heat.

    As the operating temperature got hotter and hotter + combined with the battery heat (not to mention the humidity lately has been above average in certain countries). Furthermore there are sections of the casing which would be substantially cooler than the battery compartment and area with the SOC causing some moisture to occur thus creating a short circuit.

    Or you had power surge.

    The only way to check what really happened is to open up your phone and check the components if it's a short circuit then getting rid of any moisture or replacing the battery may do the trick BUT if it's a power surge it may not be recoverable as phone electronics are pretty sensitive.

    To open the phone is quite straight forward, here is the tear down (https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Nokia_Lumia_920) and don't use too much force as you will crack the casing.
    X0LARIUM likes this.
    07-04-2015 11:15 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Lumia 930 getting buggier every day..How can I fix this?
    By StefanKa in forum Nokia Lumia 930
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-13-2015, 10:35 AM
  2. What happened to the quality of Nokia Handphones?
    By Nitika Goel in forum Nokia Lumia 720
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2015, 01:48 PM
  3. How can I turn off Narrator on my Nokia Lumia 735?
    By Windows Central Question in forum Nokia Lumia 730 & 735
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-04-2015, 04:14 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-04-2015, 03:46 AM
  5. How do I clear group messages in Whatsapp Messenger on my Lumia 535?
    By Windows Central Question in forum Microsoft Lumia 535
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2015, 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD