Some apps (like Skype) are slow and hang, video recording stutters, is this normal?

Pretec

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Good evening.

So, I've been a Lumia 920 (currently on Lumia Denim, Firmware Update Notifier: 1.2.12.1) user for almost two years, and overall I've been very satisfied, but recently my Lumia has been getting slower and slower.

For instance, Skype takes a long time to open (5,5 seconds from the time I click on the icon to the time the application opens, it stays on Loading that whole time), and the navigation is kind of slow sometimes (like FPS drops while I'm navigating the app).

Other apps have been suffering from performance issues as well. One of those apps is CNN. When I'm watching a news video on CNN, it stutters a lot, especially at the beginning of the video (and the problem is not the WiFi connection), it's extremely annoying.

Applications like Mytube also hang for like 500ms or so while I'm navigating the app or watching a video before resuming.

There is also one issue with the tiles. For example, if I scroll down fast, they tiles don't appear instantly, they take like 100ms to load.

I also have a problem with video recording, as when I record videos in 1080p, sometimes they will stutter when I play them, which completely kills the experience. I've recorded some videos which later, for my dismay, I found out they were ruined because of the stutter.

And then there is the dreadful Loading screen. Sometimes when I open one application, it stays there for a while.

In order to try to correct those issues, first I thought the phone needed a hard reset, so I deleted a lot of games and apps and hard reset the phone. The thing is, even after the hard reset and with a fresh install, those issues persist.

Are those issues normal? Can Lumia 920 owners confirm at least some of those problems? If they are not, how can I correct them?

Regards.

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I would say that this issues you mentioned are noticable.
Since Lumia cyan update......occurs in my Lumia 625......but I guess that its bcz due to lower ram........bcz in my Lumia 1320 they occurs very rarely.....almost negligible...........
But in your case if phone really behaves abnormally. Then you should try hard reset.... If things goes really wrong then you should try nokia software recovery tool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs