I'd just like to see if anybody is using Windows 10 on their 920 for daily use? What benefits have you seen? What are some things that are still lacking?
    08-25-2015 03:29 PM
    I have used build 10166 for a few days and reverted back mainly because the camera app didn't work and the store was useless. I couldnt update apps nor install any. The battery usage was pretty much the same, but the phone had few unexpected restarts and has frozen twice to the point where I couldnt turn it off. Somewhere there my flash light got broken and it's now not working on 8.1. Be careful and think twice if you want it in the early stage because it could damage the hardware and god knows much we love this phone. Good luck with your decision.
    08-25-2015 04:03 PM
    I have used build 10166 for a few days and reverted back mainly because the camera app didn't work and the store was useless. I couldnt update apps nor install any. The battery usage was pretty much the same, but the phone had few unexpected restarts and has frozen twice to the point where I couldnt turn it off. Somewhere there my flash light got broken and it's now not working on 8.1. Be careful and think twice if you want it in the early stage because it could damage the hardware and god knows much we love this phone. Good luck with your decision.
    I seriously doubt the software could have broken your flash.

I've been using 166 from the slow ring, its been ok but quite a few bugs, mainly with apps crashing and slow response. Nothing that would cause me to revert back though.
    08-27-2015 06:25 PM
    From my personal experience I can say that is really stable for a daily driver. I've been using build 512. There are some bugs and battery performance is lower than official software; but, it is safe to use it.
    alexuio likes this.
    08-27-2015 06:39 PM
    I seriously doubt the software could have broken your flash.

I've been using 166 from the slow ring, its been ok but quite a few bugs, mainly with apps crashing and slow response. Nothing that would cause me to revert back though.
    You doubt it seriously even tho Microsoft put a exlusive warning that hardware failure could happen when using the technical preview?
    09-06-2015 04:01 AM
    You doubt it seriously even tho Microsoft put a exlusive warning that hardware failure could happen when using the technical preview?
    I presume they mean you can brick your phone, that is, unable to reflash it in some cases. But short of a tight loop that burns out the cpu (which i doubt in such a low power chip), how do you think software could physically damage your flash?
    09-06-2015 02:51 PM
    I am also a slow ring user and have updated my phone. My phone has been been giving me some issues, but nothing which hinders me from making calls, sending text, accessing the internet/email, etc. So...useage as a daily driver? Yes, it can be done with minimal hassle.
    09-11-2015 11:08 PM
    I am hearing that some people have lost Here Drive+ and other Here apps, since going to 10. Anyone, here, having that issue? I had planned to go, soon, but won't if I might lose them.
    09-15-2015 04:34 PM
    I am hearing that some people have lost Here Drive+ and other Here apps, since going to 10. Anyone, here, having that issue? I had planned to go, soon, but won't if I might lose them.
    Not 100% sure if they are lost, but from what I can tell, the Maps app handles mapping, navigation, and map downloading, so it may not be a big deal, unless you're looking for things like Transit.
    09-16-2015 12:40 PM
    When I tested Windows 10 a few weeks ago, I did a reset and restore. It notified me that the Here apps were no longer available. I tried a direct link and could not download these apps. I found the features I needed in Microsoft's mapping app, but I didn't find it as user friendly as Here Drive+.
    sequoia464 likes this.
    09-17-2015 11:41 AM
    Nope, consistently gets into the loading loop. Running 10536 and it still does it.
    09-19-2015 04:09 PM
    I'm having a very weird problem even on the latest build of WM10. Every couple of days or so my phone becomes totally non-responsive. I soft reset it to notice that after the Nokia screen the phone just goes blank like before. I have to do a hard reset using the buttons to get back to everything but it becomes too cumbersome. I'm not sure why this is happening and honestly because it is the only phone I have I can't experiment it with the apps and check out certain apps. Searched everywhere I could but couldn't find anyone else having this problem. So I have decided to go back to WM 8.1 every time after I try out the latest WM10 as the issue resurrects back in every build I've tried out.
    09-26-2015 02:42 PM