Won't charge from power banks

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought a new power bank (10.000ma) and installed a new unoriginal battery. The first few times the phone charged from the power bank after hesitating for a while. Now it will not.

Power bank works on other phone. Same cable. My GF's power bank doesn't work on my 920 either.

Regular USB charging from a computer does.

Is this normal for this phone or a sign of impending doom?

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Some chargers can only put out 0.5 amps, others can put out 2 amps or more even more, 2.4 or so and it seams that output of your power bank simply isn't enough to properly charge your device...

You should check specification of your powerbank, for example my Xiaomi power bank with capacity of 10400 mAh is capable to provide output current of 2.1A which is more than enough for most of devices...

From other hand it is possible that problem is related to mentioned not genuine battery, who knows maybe it somehow not fully compatible with phone's inner charging circuit...

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for responding! A few minutes after writing this the phone stopped charging from a computer through USB as well so I guess it has to be the battery.

Wall charging still works. Will put in the original battery again tonight and see how that behaves. Interesting stuff. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12