Why has my Lumia stopped backing up to the Cloud?

moonshine63

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia will not backup to the cloud any more

I am hoping someone can help me I have a Lumia 920 on 10536.1004 I can not back up my phone manually and it will no longer back up automatically it shows zero for size of backup and and total space on one drive as zero to.
If I go to one drive it shows that my last backup was on the 11th of October and that's it so just wondering if anyone has any ideas because if I need to hard reset I will not have an up to date backup and will lose everything all the way back to the 11/10/15wp_ss_20151017_0001.png

Last edited:

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: My Lumia will not backup to the cloud any more

Have you tried disabling backups from the Update & Security >> Backup menu, then rebooting, re-enabling updates, going to the Backup Options menu (pictured above) and then forcing a backup?

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Go to the Backup setting in your attached image. Scroll to the very bottom and under Remove Backups select Go to OneDrive.com. Enter your Windows account username and password that you know has OneDrive space available. A list of all your devices on that account appear under OneDrive > Options > Device Backups. If more than 10 devices are shown, you may need to delete some backups to allow your phone to be backed up. Some of the devices may in fact be the same device, your 920, but under a different name you created after each build. I may be talking out of my behind about 10 devices max here in OneDrive but think it's the max for a MS account.

Before deleting any backups, in the OneDrive browser window select Options > Storage and verify you in fact have storage space available on the account.

If you are able to auto upload photos taken with your phone to that OneDrive account you should have space available. I've had problems backing up my 920 using 8.1 and the 10 insider builds. Deleting an older backup of the phone usually let's the manual backup process be completed after running it again. I wish I knew of a way to move or copy the backup instead of deleting.

Take a screenshot of your Start menu and apps list just in case :). And make sure all photos and texts are backed up using their toggles in settings and OneDrive.

moonshine63

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Lumia will not backup to the cloud any more

Ok thanks for that i have now found out what the issue was I had in fact log in that way but was still unable to backup even though I could go into my account and adjust everything that way.
So then I went into the one drive app and found I was logged out so as soon as I logged in through the app and went back to do the back up all was back to normal as in showing up the relevant information but i am still unable to do a manual backup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett