Is my L920 toast?

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I woke up this morning to find my L920 with the latest W10M totally bricked. Even volume down+Power reboot option doesn't help. All I get the usual vibration once after about 10-15 seconds of holding down those two buttons but it stays blank. Thought maybe it just needs a little charging but it didn't help. Never had a WP bricked like this in my 5 years of WP usage. Was hoping to reflash it using the recovery tool on PC but the phone is not being recognized over the USB. Anything else I should try? TIA.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
That happened to me once. Left it charging for a bit and then soft reset a couple of times using the buttons and it was good to go.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Left it charging for hours but it didn't help.

One thing I noticed for the last two preview builds is that my phone often felt very warm just sitting on my Qi charger fully charged (but felt cool if I remove it from the charger). Battery saver showed no particular app eating the juice. I wonder if my battery got overcharged/fried somehow with the recent builds.

Last edited:

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It came back alive!

I *unplugged* from USB charger and gave it one more vol-down+power reset but got not even a vibration that I was getting. Hmm, I then plugged the charger back in and, boom, it shows the first sign of life with the big low battery warning and then after couple minutes boots the OS. Looks like the battery logic was somehow totally wedged and wasn't even charging the battery until I unplugged it and did the reset once more.

Really glad to see my dependable L920 back to life. Sorry MS, but I think I'm going to ride this one until it dies or becomes too slow to run. :)

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Glad it is fixed... I moved to 950 xl a month ago from 920. It is a great device but I made it take a beating. I used it in all kinds of bad conditions. At the end of it's days, the battery lasts 7 hours, the headphone jack is not working, and people can't hear me without putting the speaker. Other than that, it still works :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire