When the battery ages what to do?

Sarveshwar

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Since Nokia Lumia 920 do not start until the battery is holding the minimum charge, what will happen when the battery is completely dead and has no ability to hold any charge?

I am asking this because I can't see any battery available for Lumia 920 in the market. Well, it is available but with manufacturing date of 2012 which is DOA.

Sarveshwar

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Try getting it at the care center..

I really do not want to take my mobile to a Nokia Care centre. They worsen the phone's condition. Plus, I had my screen changed for the XpressMusic 5800 three years ago and it did not last a week. (Several other examples.) Plus you will have to deal with all the scratches and who knows what as a result of mishandling by the 'Care' employees.

windobuddies625

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I really do not want to take my mobile to a Nokia Care centre. They worsen the phone's condition. Plus, I had my screen changed for the XpressMusic 5800 three years ago and it did not last a week. (Several other examples.) Plus you will have to deal with all the scratches and who knows what as a result of mishandling by the 'Care' employees.

Agree with you there.. I don't trust em. Especially when they think they can lie to you and get away with it. Not knowing not all ppl are dumb and clueless about tech.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
the battery is pretty easy to replace to replace in that phone, and they are plentiful online. Check fonejoy.com - they have original nokia parts, if that's what you want.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
They stopped manufacturing batteries for the 920 since 2012 I believe. So any "new" ones you find will be from 2012, even if they were made in 2012 the battery itself was never used, so it won't be dead on arrival. It'll act like a new battery with a good charge on it.

Now without knowing your location, you're stuck either buying it from a reseller online like Amazon or an auction place like Ebay.

Because if you can't find it then unfortunetly you'll have to find a new phone, the Lumia 830 is a pretty good succesor to the 920. Sure it doesn't have that polycarbonate feel all around it and it can't smash through walls when you throw it but it's still good none the less :) I actually bought my Lumia 830 for 130$ CND last month.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Since Nokia Lumia 920 do not start until the battery is holding the minimum charge, what will happen when the battery is completely dead and has no ability to hold any charge?

I am asking this because I can't see any battery available for Lumia 920 in the market. Well, it is available but with manufacturing date of 2012 which is DOA.
How many of the phones you have used till its battery died? Changing phone and get a new one may be your only other option!!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
My three year old 920 served me well. The only hardware problem was 10months after purchase, the screen develope big patches of brown. Took it to the local Nokia Service Centre and they replaced it FOC as it was under warrantee. Excellent service.

A bit further on, and running W10, the battery was depleting faster. Again, I took it to the local MSFT store and replaced the battery (about US$32). Updated and running the latest W10 build very smoothly. I recently sold it to colleague. She's a typical user (read: light user - FB, whatsapp, browser, a bit of simple games and a listen few songs etc)... , and getting two days usage on a single charge...
If you're not in a hurry chasing the next newest greatest thing. Stick with your 920.There is still legs in the old workhorse yet...

Sarveshwar

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Stick with your 920.There is still legs in the old workhorse yet...

I am going to keep it around. The phone is awesome even after so many years except that the screen has developed yellow patches.

How many of the phones you have used till its battery died? Changing phone and get a new one may be your only other option!!

Many. I have even replaced batteries, screens and other parts.

Now without knowing your location, you're stuck either buying it from a reseller online like Amazon or an auction place like Ebay.

India. I have found some listings on Amazon and Flipkart (its big here) but they have bad reviews (that battery is no good).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre