Windows Insider - No Windows 10

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
My wife's lumia 920 was on Windows 10. Because I had MMS difficulty, I recovery using the recovery tool. Now no matter what I do, I cat get her phone to update to Windows 10.

Any advice? And yesI have both Peview for Dev. and wdowss Insider installed.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Which ring are you in with the Windows Insider app? The fast and slow rings are now pointing to Redstone builds, which the L920 isn't eligible for.

Johnson Rajan

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I had updated to redstone update on my Lumia 1020. Wanted to go back to previous build. After windows recovery can't get Technical preview. I think the plug has been pulled for no eligible phones.

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I've tried both the fast ring and the slow ring.

After both failed, my guess was exactly what others have explained, MS has pulled it so that the updates simply aren't available.

Pitty since both my lumia 920's worked wonderfully. My own works perfectly, albeit sometimes tiles update a bit slowly while pushing the menu but not real bad. It's acceptable.

I do wish MS would reconsider the 920's availablity. It's my favorite body, despite it's weight, and is to me the best looking of the Nokia's line up. Years later people still comment "oooooh nice phone". Yep and I still love it.

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Well this time I chose the 3rd option, technical preview (not the fast or slow ring) and an update began. Whether or not it's 10, I'll let you all know and post up later.

XToro

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
You really don't want W10M on a 920, it's horrible! WP 8 was amazing and I wish I wouldn't have upgraded it. I bought a 650 instead of restoring WP8 on my 920. My 920 is getting tossed after I transfer everything.

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Xtoro, so far my 920 works just fine. Again, the only problem I've had is when I first wake it up it takes about 3-5 seconds to stabalize then the tiles flow smoothly. Other than that I haven't found any issues.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Xtoro, so far my 920 works just fine. Again, the only problem I've had is when I first wake it up it takes about 3-5 seconds to stabalize then the tiles flow smoothly. Other than that I haven't found any issues.

Maybe tthe reason for not including the 920, was that there were many complaints about this delay. I'll do some digging and find out about the insider thing. Are there still options for fast, slow, release preview and production? When you rolled back did you get the gdr update(denim?? Been a while lol)

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Cabbie,
Yea, i updated using Dev prev. to Denim. My caveat with 920's Denim version is at it does not include the option- download MMS while data is off - which is a pain if Windows phne doesnt have that and our phone is being used on a diffrent brand than the phone (as is my case, ATT lumia 920 on Ting).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon