Help needed for unlocking a Lumia 920 stuck with Windows Phone 8.0

comodoro64

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Hello, everyone in the community!

My mother has gifted me back a refurbished Lumia 920 that I gifted to her a couple of years ago, and I wanted to check out if I could unlock its bootloader to see if I could do an upgrade to a Windows Phone 8.1 rom and eventually a Windows 10 Mobile ROM, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding a way to unlock it.

I tried giving a shot to the latest version of Windows Phone Internals' bootloader unlocking tool to see if it could work despite the fact that the site states that the bootloader can only be unlocked if I have any of the listed 8.1 versions. The problem is that my phone's carrier has never delivered the Windows Phone 8.1 update, so I tried to find over the internet for a way to unlock the bootloader, but all information I found so far on doing this has been only for Lumia 920 devices with WP 8.1 instead of WP 8.0, and so I'm feeling a little worried that I might have to give up.

Am I done for with this, or is there some kind of way to update my phone or unlock its bootloader under version 8.0?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello, everyone in the community!

My mother has gifted me back a refurbished Lumia 920 that I gifted to her a couple of years ago, and I wanted to check out if I could unlock its bootloader to see if I could do an upgrade to a Windows Phone 8.1 rom and eventually a Windows 10 Mobile ROM, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding a way to unlock it.

I tried giving a shot to the latest version of Windows Phone Internals' bootloader unlocking tool to see if it could work despite the fact that the site states that the bootloader can only be unlocked if I have any of the listed 8.1 versions. The problem is that my phone's carrier has never delivered the Windows Phone 8.1 update, so I tried to find over the internet for a way to unlock the bootloader, but all information I found so far on doing this has been only for Lumia 920 devices with WP 8.1 instead of WP 8.0, and so I'm feeling a little worried that I might have to give up.

Am I done for with this, or is there some kind of way to update my phone or unlock its bootloader under version 8.0?

You can try flashing a compatible 8.1 rom with the Nokia Care suite - make sure it matches Lumia 920 regions variant due to the difference in Cellular bands - you can check in the about and extras + info apps (also I would recommend using the provided L920 Usb cable as that is a factory cable):

www.softpedia.com/get/Mobile-Phone-Tools/Nokia/Nokia-Care-Suite.shtml

You can download lumia firmware from here:

http://www.lumiafirmware.com/

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2