So who is getting a nokia 925

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
No because I'm in a 2 year contract from when I got my Lumia 920, although even if I wasn't I still probably wouldn't as wireless charging is not built in so I would still end up choosing a 920 over the 925.

Dylan Woods

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the need for a new phone as my galaxy s2 just broke, however the fact that it may come to Australia and if it did come it would be later in the year. The phone looks good but the distribution factors will probably make me look back to the galaxy or 920

ajorourke

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I voted 'no' due to it being exactly the same phone as the 920, just lighter and with no wireless charging (and potentially smaller HD).

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I voted 'no' due to it being exactly the same phone as the 920, just lighter and with no wireless charging (and potentially smaller HD).

Smaller HD? What does that mean? It has the same resolution, 4.5-inch screen and the screen is not pentile.

I voted undecided. I will think till the release will I get Lumia 925 or wait till Q4 for new wave of flagships with a new WP8 update.

ajorourke

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Smaller HD? What does that mean? It has the same resolution, 4.5-inch screen and the screen is not pentile.

I voted undecided. I will think till the release will I get Lumia 925 or wait till Q4 for new wave of flagships with a new WP8 update.

Apologies - smaller HD was meant to refer to the storage (I'm old and think of storage as a hard drive).

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
To each his own, but i think they gutted everything that made the Lumias unique for the sake if reviewers like the Verge. Looks run of the mill droid or even ugly (personal opinion) with horrible looking materials. Plus wireless charging is gone, or moved to a hideous back cover. If they crash and burn with this they fully desreve it. If EOS follows the same design, I'm jumping ship.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I'll get if they have a 32GB Pentaband for Tmobile or if Nokia and Tmobile stop being jerks and put the 32 GB on Tmobile

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
To each his own, but i think they gutted everything that made the Lumias unique for the sake if reviewers like the Verge. Looks run of the mill droid or even ugly (personal opinion) with horrible looking materials. Plus wireless charging is gone, or moved to a hideous back cover. If they crash and burn with this they fully desreve it. If EOS follows the same design, I'm jumping ship.

pretty strong opinion to jump ship from a Mobile OS Ecosystem just because the exterior design of a few phones isn't up to par. There will always be 920, 900, 620, look a likes, trust me Nokia won't stray away from the modern design element BUT the EOS might not stay with the 920 based design. Its gonna have a pretty decent bulge because of the camera sensor size.

Marcos Hidalgo

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I was looking foward to this hoping it would at least be 32GB as my 8X is not cutting it at 16GB. There's no real reason to switch for me I'll have the same issues.

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No native wireless charging and 16GB storage did it for me (it's a no).

I will wait for the next iteration, which will hopefully have better processor, higher screen resolution, better camera, in the smaller, lighter form factor with an updated W8 package (Blue maybe?).

I hope it is not a central design change to have to use back covers for wireless charging even on the flagship device, this is a dealbreaker as far as I am concerned.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Apparently no one on TMoUS. If the specs listed on http:/www.wpcentral.com/nokia-continues-lumia-story-lumia-925 are correct, the phone is missing some key TMoUS frequencies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05