So who is getting a nokia 925

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm only getting one if two conditions are met

1) I can get 32gb on the carrier I want
2) That Qi cover....is ****. Ill need an aftermarket design that isnt horrible and wont feel awkward in the hand.

Tbh, I probably wont get it. It feels like a step back. The 928 was a brilliant example of how the 920 should have progressed, only improvements, no cuts. This 925 is a very bad design decision, as reflected by this poll. I find it hysterical that Verizon being pushy were able to design a better phone than Nokia's internal team.

Very unhappy right now...I may have to stay on droid :'(

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
What I meant to say was that i am waiting for Eos since, well the 808. Have a Lumia 800 and i am still amazed by that design. I am really worried though if this signals a change. If Eos will follow this run of the mill htc/sony design rather than the "old" Lumia design language, my next upgrade is not Nokia. I'll have to look elswhere... Even the Sammy WPs have more "personality" than this - and that's saying something.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Not getting it only because I already have a 920. Anyone with a 920 would probably vote "no". Nothing wrong with that, given that majority of us 920 owners wait for the EOS.

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I was expecting a lot more from NOKIA, but I can understand Microsoft puts a limit on the manufacturer.. it's not a good thing for your flagship device has the same processing power from the year before, same amount of RAM, display resolution, and the only real differentiator is the camera. I get the phone is thinner, but the aluminum looks unattractive with the lines and cuts, and would've looked a lot better if it was a single piece of aluminum. Still though, I can't get over the fact that it's just the 920 in a slimmer profile.. that's terrible, considering a year has gone by and everything remains the same. Also- why did they name their flagship phone the 925 and a slightly modified 920 for Verizon the 928? I guess they are technically the same phone, just different casing.. sigh... I thought Windows Phone would surpass Android, but it's going to be another year until we see an improved Lumia...

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
What I meant to say was that i am waiting for Eos since, well the 808. Have a Lumia 800 and i am still amazed by that design. I am really worried though if this signals a change. If Eos will follow this run of the mill htc/sony design rather than the "old" Lumia design language, my next upgrade is not Nokia. I'll have to look elswhere... Even the Sammy WPs have more "personality" than this - and that's saying something.

For somebody like me who has owned N9 (the device the design truly worked for and was made for with no front buttons and one big curved glass), Lumia 800 and Lumia 920, i'm totally sick of the poly design.

Nokia usually does follow one design for a while in high end, Like N8, E7 or E series metal devices, but enough is enough. While I do like 925 design, I do hope we see something very unique on EOS. 925 design could work on Nokia's phablet.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I was expecting a lot more from NOKIA, but I can understand Microsoft puts a limit on the manufacturer.. it's not a good thing for your flagship device has the same processing power from the year before, same amount of RAM, display resolution, and the only real differentiator is the camera. I get the phone is thinner, but the aluminum looks unattractive with the lines and cuts, and would've looked a lot better if it was a single piece of aluminum. Still though, I can't get over the fact that it's just the 920 in a slimmer profile.. that's terrible, considering a year has gone by and everything remains the same. Also- why did they name their flagship phone the 925 and a slightly modified 920 for Verizon the 928? I guess they are technically the same phone, just different casing.. sigh... I thought Windows Phone would surpass Android, but it's going to be another year until we see an improved Lumia...

Because the 928 is a better phone. Proper internal memory size not this 16gb nonsense. Super loudspeaker. 3 mic array. Qi charging built in.

925 has none of that. Its a complete design flop. Nokia shares are already going down again after rising yesterday.

Lucky7Phone

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

did everyone forget there's Nokia World in the Fall?

zukirin

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Depends on the pricing for me. Seeing as it is coming end of June, and how it is just another 'iteration' of the 920 in a different form factor, I may just wait for the next "big one". Overall I think it looks like a solid phone, its not as eye-catching as the 920 but it grows on me the more I look at it.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I planned on switching to T-Mobile in October after my AT&T contract is up, but I really don't like the 925. I think it looks like a Huwei Android device and goes against all Nokia design principles. Plus it has fewer features than my 920. I think Nokia made a big mistake with this one.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

I think some ppl are misunderstanding the 925 launch. I don't think it was ever meant to be a complete upgrade from "the year before", but rather the new, slightly different variant of the 920 for T-Mobile customers...just as the 928 is the new flagship variant for Verizon customers.

Miistercoool

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I am getting it because I realize it's not suppose to be an upgrade of the 920 but just another variant for T-Mobile like the 928 is for Verizon and it's unique because it's their first Aluminum Lumia phone and well I really like it and I'm thinking I'm get a black one with a nice color wireless back sleeve 😁😁😁 I just hope its not late June but rather early June.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably grab it coz I've been with Nokia for more than a decade n I'll do what I always do to support them but having said that I'm pretty underwhelmed:eek:rly: to have almost the same specs as the 920, I'm a little worried now that the platform might not survive unless something drastic is done! Whoever came up with this idea needs to be instantly ousted!!!

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I'll probably grab it coz I've been with Nokia for more than a decade n I'll do what I always do to support them but having said that I'm pretty underwhelmed:eek:rly: to have almost the same specs as the 920, I'm a little worried now that the platform might not survive unless something drastic is done! Whoever came up with this idea needs to be instantly ousted!!!

Agreed. Its a shame. I've just ordered an HTC One cos I just couldnt wait any more and I wanted something decent. Its a shame. I would have got the 928 in a heartbeat if it was sold in the UK. Oh well, Nokia have exactly 24 months to come up with something now :D

ShaunKL

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
What exactly could you put on the phone to upgrade past what the 920 was at? Windows Phone 8 isn't having a major update till later this year. That means the same resolutions, same processors, all the same standards are there. Android may be throwing out ridiculous specs, but what exactly are you going to use them for? The iPhone 5 is still running off a 1.1GHz processor. There's no software and no call for software in a smartphone that would need high-level Android specs. Don't even get me started on 1080p screens.

If we can remember, I believe it was always a thought back last year that the 920 would launch on AT&T first then 3 to 6 months later other carriers would start to get their 92x phones. I'm exhilarated to finally be able to move on to a Windows Phone 8 flagship. A Nokia flagship no less! I was seriously expecting this phone to be another AT&T exclusive but the fact that it's actually T-Mobile's just thrills me to no end.

That Qi case does look pretty ugly from the front though.

EDIT: The memory space is a less than desirable but I'll make it work.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
It is my kind of flagship phone, aluminium and Amoled but i do not have money to buy this thing so i will yust wait for problably Nokia Lumia 840 :D. It is better phone than Lumia 920 but it is not sucssesor of it. Look at it like it is facelift, when let say Ford facelifts their car you are not unhappy becuse is worser than new Honda. You are not expecting big changes until new generation. For real change wait until September/October in Autum I expect real 920 successor.

Chill510

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Everyone has to understand that this is not supposed to be a brand new model. Its a variant of the already great 920, for T-mobile customers. I think this is great. More flagship phones for more carriers mean more exposure for the platform. They should've launched all of these at the same time back in October. I personally don't plan on switching..as I already have a Rogers unlocked red 920 on Tmobile and pretty happy with it. I prefer the color and I actually prefer the weight. I'm definitely looking forward to that Amber update though. Just goes to show you that in WP8 world...you cannot go wrong with Nokia. There support is outstanding. Every mid-high range Lumia model will get this update. That is something that keeps the value of my 920 equal to the rest of the new models. If this was an android phone...my phone would be absolete as of today.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
It is my kind of flagship phone, aluminium and Amoled but i do not have money to buy this thing so i will yust wait for problably Nokia Lumia 840 :D. It is better phone than Lumia 920 but it is not sucssesor of it. Look at it like it is facelift, when let say Ford facelifts their car you are not unhappy becuse is worser than new Honda. You are not expecting big changes until new generation. For real change wait until September/October in Autum I expect real 920 successor.

The thing is though, Nokia say that it has an Aluminium body but it doesn't. It has an Aluminium strip round the edge but still has a plastic back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo