So who is getting a nokia 925

Vertego

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
On the cusp of moving to Windows Phone from my BlackBerry 9700 & 9900 that I've had over the last 4 years.

My BB9900 only has 8Gb and I've never found that a problem. A lot of the negative posts here are critical of the 925 coming with only 16Gb (apart from one or 2 providers). Is this really an issue, or just perceived to be one? Is 32Gb really necessary as opposed to desirable? Just how much is store on the phone itself?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
On the cusp of moving to Windows Phone from my BlackBerry 9700 & 9900 that I've had over the last 4 years.

My BB9900 only has 8Gb and I've never found that a problem. A lot of the negative posts here are critical of the 925 coming with only 16Gb (apart from one or 2 providers). Is this really an issue, or just perceived to be one? Is 32Gb really necessary as opposed to desirable? Just how much is store on the phone itself?

2 GB are immediately taken up by the OS. Then there is the issue with the "others" folder taking up Gigabytes of space. Then after formatting you are not left with that much available storage.
The biggest problem is the lack of expandable storage with the onboard storage being used up quite quickly with taking pictures and shooting videos and of course installing applications and games.

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Regarding the 16GB space, I don't mind since the Music I take with me only takes around 3GB (My Metal Collection \m/ :))

So my question now is how is the Music Sound Quality?

kumakantay

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Just received my Nokia 925 last Friday and I LOVING it. Came from IOS to Android and now WP8. The OS is really smooth and responsive. People always complain about not enough apps, but I was able to download all apps I had on my previous phones. If there is no specific app available, there is usually an alternative client like Metrotube. Even better than Youtube and you can download videos! So I guess I am not like other people who needs 800,000+ apps installed on my smartphones. I just needed really good quality ones that I actually use. The build quality is surprisingly, in my opinion, better than the plastic galaxy and even Iphone 5S and Maybe HTC. Very solid feeling. By the way I was able to sell my galaxy S4 for $550 and bought BRAND NEW Nokia 925 for $320. So yeah, pretty happy about that to.

Vertego

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Got my 935 2 weeks ago but already had to return it due to a 'feedback/interference' issue.
Hopefully repair/replacement will resolve this. Otherwise, it was lovely experience (if different from my previous Blackberry).

rav16

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Iam from India

Guys went to buy a phone for my wife , plan was to buy Lumia 920 / Sony Xperia SP,/ glaxy s3 ended up buying 925 .
camera ,screen and looks took the cake for Lumia 925 .
Plus I got a super price too . Diwali offer was going on so the listed price was 26,500 INR I got , 3500INR for my wife's Lumia 610 wp 7.8 . So effective price was 23,000INR
Plus got free gifts .
Vouchers worth 25,000INR , 2600 mAH portable charger free , silver tray and glasses , and 1000 INR worth voucher from Microsoft to buy apps .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Iam from India

Guys went to buy a phone for my wife , plan was to buy Lumia 920 / Sony Xperia SP,/ glaxy s3 ended up buying 925 .
Plus I got a super price too . Diwali offer was going on so the listed price was 26,500 INR I got , 3500INR for my wife's Lumia 610 wp 7.8 . So effective price was 23,000INR
Plus got free gifts .
Vouchers worth 25,000INR , 2600 mAH portable charger free , silver tray and glasses , and 1000 INR worth voucher from Microsoft to buy apps .

That sounds like an awesome deal. I personally think you chose the best phone too, out of those you mentioned.
Although, a friend of mine has the Sony SP and it is a decent Android phone.

rav16

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
That sounds like an awesome deal. I personally think you chose the best phone too, out of those you mentioned.
But the sony can't hold a candle against 925 when it comes to screen , camera .

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
But the sony can't hold a candle against 925 when it comes to screen , camera .

Absolutely agree, which is why I said you chose the best phone in the 925 out of the other phones that were mentioned.
Seriously, the AMOLED screen on the 925 with Nokias Clear black technology and super bright outdoor visibility is second to none and unbeatable. It's one of the features I love about my 1020 (same screen as the 925).
I hope the 925 serves you well and long live Windows Phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

I would like to say also that you did well to avoid the S3. I happen to have one and am fairly disappointed with it. I shall eternally regret getting the S3 instead of the LG nexus 4 that I should have got at the time. Oh well, lesson learned. I shall not get a Samsung phone ever again.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Iam from India

Plus got free gifts .

Hi I am from Mumbai, India. Did you purchase it from Nokia Priority Dealer? is the offer provided by the dealer or you have purchased it online?

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine yesterday from my provider and today I can fetch it from my local box office (expected it to be here next week, so real quick delivery).
Sadly, it was only available in black/dark grey, but hey, I'm getting a Terrapin rubberized case anyway.
It will be my first WP8 device cause I'm tired of dealing with buggy Android Smartphones (had 3 devices so far and each and every had it's fair share of problems). I'm really excited and can't wait to leave University today.

Butiulca Tudor

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a Lumia 925 Grey second hand and it`s really awesome, i get it with 230 euros from Romania with 4 wireless cover and fatboy pillow wireless charger it`s really a great deal, so far so good i am really satisfied in all ways, the screen and the camera are just great, i had beflre lumia 720 and after an Ativ S but he can`t even compare with lumia 925 that Ativ S.
After 1 month of using Samsung Ativ S i realised that if u like wp8 and want a wp8 smartphone buy one from Nokia.

Hamberthm

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Heyyy guys!! Just paid my L925 in the local appliances store. So i'm now officially into this forum!! I'm from Argentina and I hope we'll have good talks around here!

I bought one of the first ones from the launching offer stock (Yes, it has just launched here and there's about 150 units for all Argentina in this store chain), at the same price as the 920 was, that's $6399 ARS, about $1100 USD (Yes, that's crazy, but that's how my country works nowadays, nice, ha?).

As all the stock is currently in Buenos Aires (i'm south of the province), I must wait for my unit to arrive next week. Until then, I'll be walking by the walls haha.

So, see you around guys.

Cheers! :evil:

Tech King

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
bought myself a lumia 925 couple weeks ago and im loving it :)
its just awesome :) cant wait to get GDR3 update

Bought an unlocked one :) Black..

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
bought myself a lumia 925 couple weeks ago and im loving it :)
its just awesome :) cant wait to get GDR3 update

Bought an unlocked one :) Black..

You can get GDR3 right now if you follow the simple guide on WPCentral for developer unlocked phones. I've had it a while now on my 1020. I'm just waiting for Nokia Black now. And, as far as I know you won't invalidate your warranty by doing this either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb