So who is getting a nokia 925

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Excuse my exuberance ...
This here 925 is the nicest device I'll probably ever hold.
Never had anything really nice like this ... just kept denying myself I think.

Pretty elegant and a world apart from the 521.
(wish that T-Mobile phone update would unclog so I could get this updated)

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm angry on Nokia. Why is 925 16GB only?? And ok, why is it more costly than the 920. I don't use wireless charging so the extra weight and thickness of my 920 is not at all useful for me. If only 925 was priced equally to the 920 and had more storage I'd get it.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm angry on Nokia. Why is 925 16GB only?? And ok, why is it more costly than the 920. I don't use wireless charging so the extra weight and thickness of my 920 is not at all useful for me. If only 925 was priced equally to the 920 and had more storage I'd get it.

In Saudi Arabia they are priced the same, and I remember the 925 being on offer, which made it cheaper than the 920. hehe

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

So your "not" getting the Lumia 925?

Hamberthm

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm now a happy owner of the CC-3065 Wireless Charging Cover!!! After 3 months of it being stuck at my crappy national mail service, finally it's here!!

I would say it's a MUST HAVE for any 925 owner, the plastic is just amazing quality and it gives a perfect grip and look to the phone!! I LOVE IT!!

Now I'm getting the charging base. The sellers are asking for twice its price here in Argentina, as it's blocked by customs and very hard to find :eck:

Cheers!

WP_20140320_09_09_56_Pro_zps1aa26c97.jpg
WP_20140320_10_29_41_Pro_zps353bbdac.jpg

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Maybe because it's newer? No one is forcing you to buy either phone. Me? I have both the 920 and 925 and I'm happy with both.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm now a happy owner of the CC-3065 Wireless Charging Cover!!! After 3 months of it being stuck at my crappy national mail service, finally it's here!!

I would say it's a MUST HAVE for any 925 owner, the plastic is just amazing quality and it gives a perfect grip and look to the phone!! I LOVE IT!!

Now I'm getting the charging base. The sellers are asking for twice its price here in Argentina, as it's blocked by customs and very hard to find :eck:

Cheers!

View attachment 60013
View attachment 60014

I also have the red wireless charging cover. I wanted that color because the wireless charging plate I got originally to use with my Lumia 810 is also red. :smile:

MillionMonks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Depends on your carrier. If they offer it with 4G/LTE plan then that's the global version. I have the same with Singtel I have coverage for 4G.
Likewise, before my re-contract I was using HTC8X, but they never had an offering of 4G/LTE back then, even though I know 8X is capable of it. My 8X settings don't have 4G too.

Martsy

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

Cheers!

View attachment 60013

View attachment 60014

do you have the AT&T or TMO version? I've got the ATT version and wondering it that same back works?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
do you have the AT&T or TMO version? I've got the ATT version and wondering it that same back works?

Of course it does. Those wireless charging covers are meant for the 925 no matter what carrier they're from (or if they're unlocked and unbranded). That is unless AT&T did something to alter their version, but I've only heard of that being the case with the 1520. So, you should be fine using this cover.

habanero61

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Apparently no one on TMoUS. If the specs listed on http:/www.wpcentral.com/nokia-continues-lumia-story-lumia-925 are correct, the phone is missing some key TMoUS frequencies.

Actually, I'm getting the T-Mobile version thru HSN for only $199 as my back up phone, so the 16gb isn't an issue.

Martsy

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Of course it does. Those wireless charging covers are meant for the 925 no matter what carrier they're from (or if they're unlocked and unbranded). That is unless AT&T did something to alter their version, but I've only heard of that being the case with the 1520. So, you should be fine using this cover.

yea, that's basically why i was asking, because on AT&T's site they sell a different cover, and advertise use with duracell powermat? Can either those or Qi be used then?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
yea, that's basically why i was asking, because on AT&T's site they sell a different cover, and advertise use with duracell powermat? Can either those or Qi be used then?

I don't know about the Duracell powermat, but as long as the phone's specs say that it can be charged wirelessly with the Qi wireless charging cover, you should be good to go with it. Judging by Nokia's official site, and I clicked on the link to the AT&T 925, you should be fine with the charging cover: Nokia Lumia 925 - Specifications - Nokia - USA

JimWPan

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I got mine last Thursday. The battery life is very good in comparison to my first gen nexus. I cannot say about windows phone since this is my first. I leaved home to work around 7:30. I donot use it much, it is connected to exchange server at work using the company wifi. by 4:00 PM, the battery meter is around 90%. I have two battery apps to confirm it. This is very good, my coworker have nexus 4 and it is no where close to mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99