So who is getting a nokia 925

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The screen is amazing. You shouldn't have any problem with it. As for the lack of a microSD card, you should be fine with the 16GB of internal storage if you're not too heavy on stuff like games and music.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Well here is the problem...am having second thoughts on the not sd card support and if 4.5 inch screen is good enough

Yes this can be a real issue for some who have a large collection of music, documents or other media.
I found the 925 to be a fabulous device despite the limits on space.
Less space helps me to not load numerous un-needed apps.
I realize each users situation is different however.

I have no issue with the screen either very nice in my opinion.

Good luck whatever your decision there.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I am FINALLY supposed to be getting a 925 today! ?___?

I couldn't afford them when they were full price, and when they hit HSN for 199...(in four 50 dollar payments) I couldn't resist! Its shipping via UPS Surepost...the worst. I probably won't get it for another week. Haha

I used to use Windows phone quite a bit, but stepped away for Nexus.

The app store seems to have developed quite a bit lately, and 8.1 looks great.

Anyways, looking forward to participating in these forums again!

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I am FINALLY supposed to be getting a 925 today! ?___?

I couldn't afford them when they were full price, and when they hit HSN for 199...(in four 50 dollar payments) I couldn't resist! Its shipping via UPS Surepost...the worst. I probably won't get it for another week. Haha
I used to use Windows phone quite a bit, but stepped away for Nexus.
The app store seems to have developed quite a bit lately, and 8.1 looks great.
Anyways, looking forward to participating in these forums again!

Great news!
Welcome back on board.

Full price was a road block for me too :smile:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Same here! I shelled out a good $550 to Negri for my unlocked Rogers 920 last spring, so I wasn't about to fork over another $500 to T-Mobile for a 925, especially when it's got half the storage. But the deals going around lately were just too good to pass up. You'll love the phone! :smile:

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I had no doubt I'd love the phone! It's nice to use WP again. Looking forward to using the camera this spring... If we ever get one here in Chicago.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I had no doubt I'd love the phone! It's nice to use WP again. Looking forward to using the camera this spring... If we ever get one here in Chicago.

So you got the phone in hand?
Your other post said you were looking for it to arrive.

Congratzo anyhow :smile:

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Yep! I'm really surprised it arrived so quickly from HSN and their UPS Surepost shipping.

The phone had like 4 or 5 firmware updates to install when I powered up. Took a couple hours, to a general user I could see that being very discouraging or frustrating.

Each time I saw those gears my heart dropped. Haha I had some bad experiences with those gears during the 920 launch.

kb1234

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm awaiting my 925 as we speak! First time windows phone user here and im very excited. Hoping this hsn shipping is fast :p

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Mobile Nations mobile app

kb1234

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
The L925 rocks my socks off....8.1 especially. This battery is epic, by far, way better than my s3, z10, q10, and iPhone 5! I am impressed, I'm getting a full days use of calls texts emails snap chat instagram wpcentral phone calls, Cortana, lasting me from 630am to 1030pm, with another 4 hours to spare! Just incredible

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
As others have mentioned, I bought the phone as a new line and I will cancel the new line once the phone comes in. Since it was purchased no-contract, it doesn't look like AT&T can ask for the phone back. But I guess I'll stay on high alert until the phone actually ships, is in my hand and the new line of service is canceled.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
As others have mentioned, I bought the phone as a new line and I will cancel the new line once the phone comes in. Since it was purchased no-contract, it doesn't look like AT&T can ask for the phone back. But I guess I'll stay on high alert until the phone actually ships, is in my hand and the new line of service is canceled.

And people wonder why att costs more...

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Does the 925 not support wireless charging? I'm sure it does with an accessory cover.

Yep, the charging shell also acts as a rear cover, protecting the camera etc. There is also a diy on how to add the wireless charging feature to the device itself without the need for the cover. But I wouldn't recommend that!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb