Disappointment? Lack of improvements in the Lumia 925

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Re: Disappointment?

16GB is a joke.......... should've been 64GB but I would've settled for 32GB. Tmo just continues to be the little guy.

They use research from market studies. 16GB is good for a majority users. I could get by with 8GB. There's only a few applications and songs I install.

AlexRodriguezNY

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
This isn't a upgrade for the 920, its a variant of the 920, as is the case of the 928. They weren't meant to replace the 920, they're meant to attract more customers and to expand their market by putting the flagship Nokia phone on multiple carriers. I.e. the 928 is Verizon only, the 925 is T-Mobile only, and the 920 is AT&T only.
You can unlock AT&T 920 if you bought full price or if your account is in good standing with them.I bought mine full price back in november and they unlock it for me a few days ago because exclusivity period of 6 months ended the 9th. Now I can use it on T mobile

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I'm not at all and from what T-MO is saying they will have the 32 gb still even the 16 gb would be ok for me Let me see I have SkyDrive with a total of 50 gig. The device is fresh looking it's going to T-MO who has not had a high end WP8 device..the camera on the L925 is suppose to be better than the L920 with six lenses. also remember this Nokia world is in the fall that's when you may see the 5 inch phone but for now the folks who are on T-MO US are not unhappy with this device.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site

I chose the HTC 8x over the 920 because I didn't like the shape and weight of the 920. If the 925 had been available (on AT&T) at that time I probably would have chosen the it over the 8x. I can see why 920 owners don't see the 925 as an improvement, but for those of us who didn't like the 920 it is a huge improvement. This is the phone Nokia should have released when they released that brick of a phone, the 920.

Problem is that if they would have released this instead of the 920 they would have lost buyers like myself who would choose the 920 even if the 8x was equaly good simply because I would never buy a fragile lightweight phone.
So imo the best thing is the option of both witch we now have.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

My opinions on the L925 are mixed, to me the L920 was like the iPhone 4, while the L925 is like the iPhone 4S.

The L925 does appeal to me. But if i were to choose over the L925 and the L920, I'd get the L920.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

At first I was a bit underwhelmed and not too fond of the design. But the more I see it, particularly in black, the more I seem to like it. Looking back, I can see this refresh as a necessary step. Here in the UK, both Vodafone and O2 (white version exclusive) will be stocking the device at launch, which should hopefully be an improvement, since I'm fairly sure O2 didn't stock the 920 until further down the line due to EE having it exclusively.

I initially had a hardline stance that I wouldn't ditch my Lumia 800 for this, but after a while, it's certainly become a consideration.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Disappointment? Let me explain my stance.
Judging from the numbering, I expected variants of the 920. Plain and simple. But...

The Lumia 928 is a true 92x variant. They introduced a lighter and thinner 920 with everything and the kitchen sink included. 720 design? Bonus. Xenon flash? Bonus. AMOLED screen? Bonus. Longer battery life unless you show solid blocks of white? Bonus.
Thing is, the Lumia 928 was what I wanted the 920 to be, minus everything Verizon did to it. (Do you realize how big of a marketing mistake Verizon did when they didn't do this: "The brand new Nokia Lumia 928, available in Verizon Red!" I mean, it's a walking advertisement, how could they miss it?)

On the other hand, the 925 is better off in the 8xx family. This is the firstsecond time I've seen Nokia F--k up their tiers. (The first was with the $99 Asha 501.)
Let's face it. They slashed the storage in half (and no microSD slot as compensation). They removed integrated wireless charging. For what could possibly be the thinnest Lumia ever? (That is a bouns though.)

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

They might make the tmobile version 32GB, like vodaphone.

It strange they would carry only the international version and not the exclusive version like Vodaphone has done. Who would limit their phone to only 16GB in todays world? A Movie HD takes up 2GB alone. My music library is 18GBs. Not sure what Nokia or T-Mobile is thinking. They must be on a Google drug or something that things everyone what to use the cloud storage - 7GB!

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

They use research from market studies. 16GB is good for a majority users. I could get by with 8GB. There's only a few applications and songs I install.

Memory is dirty cheap. It cost Nokia around $26 for 32GB of memory! For 16GB it is $20!

LanunReviews

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

Memory is dirty cheap. It cost Nokia around $26 for 32GB of memory! For 16GB it is $20!

Try telling that to Apple, or anyone else offering internal larger storage sizes. For WP8 Flagships, Nokia set the minimum benchmark with 32GB internals, which is why I passed on the Ativ S with its measly 16GB. I was hoping for a 32GB variant of the 925 but it seems like Vodaphone is keeping that one to itself.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

It strange they would carry only the international version and not the exclusive version like Vodaphone has done. Who would limit their phone to only 16GB in todays world? A Movie HD takes up 2GB alone. My music library is 18GBs. Not sure what Nokia or T-Mobile is thinking. They must be on a Google drug or something that things everyone what to use the cloud storage - 7GB!
Think I know what they are think ;) Tell everyone they have plenty of storage in the cloud meanwhile they can make money as you burn through your data package.

Last edited:

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Disappointment? Let me explain my stance.
Judging from the numbering, I expected variants of the 920. Plain and simple. But...

The Lumia 928 is a true 92x variant. They introduced a lighter and thinner 920 with everything and the kitchen sink included. 720 design? Bonus. Xenon flash? Bonus. AMOLED screen? Bonus. Longer battery life unless you show solid blocks of white? Bonus.
Thing is, the Lumia 928 was what I wanted the 920 to be, minus everything Verizon did to it. (Do you realize how big of a marketing mistake Verizon did when they didn't do this: "The brand new Nokia Lumia 928, available in Verizon Red!" I mean, it's a walking advertisement, how could they miss it?)

On the other hand, the 925 is better off in the 8xx family. This is the firstsecond time I've seen Nokia F--k up their tiers. (The first was with the $99 Asha 501.)
Let's face it. They slashed the storage in half (and no microSD slot as compensation). They removed integrated wireless charging. For what could possibly be the thinnest Lumia ever? (That is a bouns though.)
You are banging your head against your own argument. So 925 has no bonus if you minus is even lighter, smaller, has the same super loud speaker, extra lens too? Let's face it, 925 is a carrier version cater to Vodafone therefore 32G is exclusive to them for a couple months. Get over it or enjoy a 32G 8X if you despise so much of the 920.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
IDK, was happy, happy, happy about the 925 till I read the fine print... 16gb and no microSD... My 920 has ~9gb free out of 32gb... Not a viable option for me to switch to 925... Other than that, I love the 925! Edit: and I should add that I don't have nearly all my music on it.

Have been debating switching to TM, just haven't seen a worthy WP yet and my 920 won't transfer WITH 4G

MattMamba2012

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
IDK, was happy, happy, happy about the 925 till I read the fine print... 16gb and no microSD... My 920 has ~9gb free out of 32gb... Not a viable option for me to switch to 925... Other than that, I love the 925! Edit: and I should add that I don't have nearly all my music on it.

Have been debating switching to TM, just haven't seen a worthy WP yet and my 920 won't transfer WITH 4G

Same here. I want to switch over to T-Mobile but their selection didn't appeal me very much. The 920 was king and in some ways still is and im very happy with it.The 925 isn't viable for me anyway since im still on contract but im happy its here since it means Nokia sees T-Mobile finally. I can finally have a Nokia Flagship device on T-Mobile. I might have to wait 6 months due to Att and Nokia. Im not sure what their agreement is but 6 months isn't so bad. Im a Microsoft fan so im used to waiting haha jk. Im all seriousness though, this its not a big deal and I look forward to future Lumia flagships on T-Mobile !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire