10-14-2015 08:39 PM
545 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I got black Lumia 925 unlocked from Vodafone Germany 32 GB... I noticed from the first moment that the brightness for the touch buttons is very very low compared to 920 and the light is not uniformly distributed over each button... also the color of the light look like yellow/orange/red combination, sorry its hard to describe the color precisely...
    I have a Lumia 920 also and it has much much better brightness even though my 920 button has the yellow tint problem... My 925 button are yellow to orange color... The brightness very very low...

Another problem the right side of screen a little bit yellow compared to the left side when looking at the keyboard.. Also another issue which known for most Samsung AMOLED screens, if you go to completely dark room and open a black photo on the screen (you can use app called pixel doctor to check) you will notice black annoying dots darker than the rest of the screen... Mine has 7 main dots..

Is this normal? How yours looks like? Just wondering how many people has these problems...

UPDATE: I have another problem described below... Blurry text while scrolling....
    Noticed that my lumia 925 has a blurry text while scrolling, specially when scrolling white text over black background or black text over white background... also noticed some blurry when scrolling tiles on the home screen, this blurry occurred around the black horizontal lines separating the tiles.... compared the scrolling with the 920 and there is a huge difference...
    I read that some of the galaxy S4 units has this problem and that this problem related to Samsung AMOLED screens, and you know the lumia 925 has a Samsung AMOLED screen.
    Any one has these issues? let me know in comments please..
    I have those black annoying dots darker than the rest of the screen on my Lumia 925 also.
    is there a fix available for this ?
    Is this the phenomenon known as amoled burn in ??
    11-07-2013 06:16 AM
    Is anyone else having any issues with connecting to wifi? My wifi is always on and it would work perfectly but after a day or two it just wouldn't connect to known networks and keeps giving me the error that your phone has been unable to reach the wifi network.
    11-07-2013 08:58 AM
    Is anyone else having any issues with connecting to wifi? My wifi is always on and it would work perfectly but after a day or two it just wouldn't connect to known networks and keeps giving me the error that your phone has been unable to reach the wifi network.
    Yes. I need to turn the Wi-Fi off and then back on.

And it seems we're not alone...
    11-10-2013 12:48 AM
    Yes. I need to turn the Wi-Fi off and then back on.

And it seems we're not alone...
    Turning it on and off didn't help me. I did a soft reset and so far its been working fine.
    11-10-2013 01:24 PM
    My 1 week old 925 turned off to a black screen 3 times till now, I have to do a soft reset to wake it up.
    I even tried a hard reset but still the same.

After a soft reset it wakes up with a wrong time and date.
    If anyone found a solution please share.
    I just got the exact same error. Not cool.
    11-13-2013 11:29 AM
    I'm having this issue that I've seen in other forums but no one has found a fix to it but to ask for an exchange and I'm not very sure if I could do that...
    Today I dropped my phone from a rather short distance (50cm at most) and physically looks perfect, just some minor scratches on the side (I don't think the problem is related to it but just to give some context).
    I received a phone call later on the day and when I answered I couldn't hear a thing, turned speaker on and it sounded just fine and I was being heard as well, I thought it was a connection problem but I've tried in different places with no luck so far. Seems that the phone thinks it has headphones still connected because when I go into Audio Settings I can change the equaliser and the advanced audio options that usually only display when headphones are on. I can hear the incoming call ringtone and the caller in speaker mode, but apps like music, videos or anything won't work through the speakers, in normal call mode the caller can't hear me. When I put some headphones on I can hear everything.
    I've tried a couple of soft resets and even a hard reset, the problem is still there, I really don't know what to do because, as I've said before, the phone has some minor scratches and I don't know if my guarantee will still apply, it is really getting me down because I know the problem has nothing to do with the hardware but the people at the phone centre won't understand and won't care.
    If anyone has any suggestions, please help me :( I've had it for nearly a month now, using some Apple earphones and Sony headphones now and then and everything was just fine. Thanks in advance, first post here by the way, sorry if it was too long.
    11-14-2013 07:07 PM
    I've had my phone for about 2 weeks. Everything about it is amazing, I love the 925! My only complaint is that the screen has pretty bad viewing angles... anything but straight on results in a bluish tint, especially the whites. I love the deep black but the tint really annoys me and I much prefer the screen on my old Lumia 920. Is this an AMOLED issue or does my 925 just have a bad screen?

If it's an AMOLED issue then I'll gladly wait for Nokia's next Lumia flagship on T-Mobile that has an LCD screen. But if it's just my phone then I might want to get it replaced (although, I don't think T-Mobile will do anything at this point. Maybe Nokia will, though).
    11-14-2013 10:22 PM
    does anyone have an issue with texting when wi-fi calling is enabled? is this a tmobile issue? text messages I sent are bounces back from tmobile when wifi is enabled.
    11-19-2013 02:01 AM
    does anyone have an issue with texting when wi-fi calling is enabled? is this a tmobile issue? text messages I sent are bounces back from tmobile when wifi is enabled.

I never observed this problem on my 925 (from A1, I think it's like Vodafone in Austria). At home I have WiFi always enabled and write 2-7 SMS per hour.

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro2_254 using Tapatalk
    11-19-2013 08:03 AM
    Some times when I'm on a web page I can't go back to the last page I was on. I don't mean the last tab by the way, holding the back key works as it should but taping it does nothing no matter how many times I press it.

Am I just stupid or is this a problem with my phone.

Thanks
    11-19-2013 05:31 PM
    Some times when I'm on a web page I can't go back to the last page I was on. I don't mean the last tab by the way, holding the back key works as it should but taping it does nothing no matter how many times I press it.

Thanks
    Hi,

I also have this iIssueon my L925.
    11-19-2013 05:48 PM

Thanks
    It's not a problem with your phone. It's a WP8 thing. IE only saves the most recent webpage you visit, so if you want to go back to a previously visited site, you'll have to enter the URL manually (or save it to your favorites and access it there).
    11-19-2013 06:34 PM

Thanks
    Happens to me as well. What I do is refresh the page. In the middle of the refresh, I then push the back button.
    11-19-2013 06:37 PM
    It's not a problem with your phone. It's a WP8 thing. IE only saves the most recent webpage you visit, so if you want to go back to a previously visited site, you'll have to enter the URL manually (or save it to your favorites and access it there).
    What I mean is that if I'm on a website like say vwvortex and I click on a thread and when I'm finished with that thread and want to go back to the main page it will not go back to the main page where the list of threads are. Now if that's a windows thing its just mad and stupid of them to have it like that.
    11-20-2013 05:29 AM
    Same.. But it only happens when I am at home.. Prolly a haunted house!

I have this issue too, but only when I have really bad reception. When I have good reception (3-5 reception bars) the call quality is top (better than with my previous Android phones).

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro2_254 using Tapatalk
    11-20-2013 06:51 AM
    Hi to everyone.

Sometimes I have problems with calls. I speak but soon my call breaks. Have written to Nokia, but they didn't answer. So what is a problem? Is it smth wrong with antenna or is it software problem?
    11-20-2013 11:06 AM
    I did notice this before. I also noticed that MMS also doesn't work. What I did to fix it was, I went to the WiFi calling app and changed it from "WiFi Preferred" to "Cellular Preferred." That seemed to work for me.
    11-21-2013 10:27 PM
    I did notice this before. I also noticed that MMS also doesn't work. What I did to fix it was, I went to the WiFi calling app and changed it from "WiFi Preferred" to "Cellular Preferred." That seemed to work for me.
    It's been an issue since the beginning that there are problems with MMS usage and Wi-Fi Calling activated. Especially when images are involved.
    11-22-2013 11:00 AM
    I get that WiFi on/off toggle switch thing on my old HTC HD7 with WP7.8
    I don't recall it doing it back in the early days so it's perhaps something that was added with one of the software updates.
    11-23-2013 02:15 PM
    i got my phone today 925....when i take a picture with the camera hard ware hey the volume bar displays, also if i hit the down volume key the camera activates.....?
    OMG Man..Where were you? I've been looking for someone who had this problem. All my buttons are acting like camera buttons. Volume/Lock and Camera. Plus the camera button does not work in 2-stage focus and shoot. It just shoot when I touch it (not even press..just touch). But the lock/volume button act as camera key only occasionally. Sometimes they are good and normal..sometimes they think they are camera keys. I don't know what's going on. My phone is haunted. Did your problem get solved? :O
    11-23-2013 11:18 PM
    After I updated to GDR3 my earphone connection broke but I fixed this with a hard reset, very strange. Then the telephone-speaker broke (worked fine for a while) Might be software problems... might be hardware...
    11-27-2013 04:09 AM
    I've bought Nokia Lumia 925 couple of days before and facing the same problem. I noticed it first in office, so I thought it would be some Interference coming due to LAB next to my seat, but when it appeared at Home I understood it is from Phone only. Now I have been to many sites looking for the solution but it seems that there is none.
    Not only the Interference noise is coming, call dropping is also a major issue if you hold the phone tightly.

If it continues like this there is no option just to go back to Nokia Care and asking for exchange.
    11-27-2013 06:27 AM
    I too have the same problem of the refresh line!, Any news?
    I hope it's nothing serious, and that this is a software problem. :S
    11-27-2013 10:02 PM
    I thought I was the only one! My god this is annoying.
    I too have the same problem of the refresh line!, Any news?
    I hope it's nothing serious, and that this is a software problem. :S
    11-27-2013 10:03 PM
    I read about this bug in a german WP magazine and tested it, sadly it's true: in portrait mode the stock calculator will ignore the rule 'multiplication and division first, then addition and subtraction'. So if you type in 3 + 3 * 10 you'll get 60 as reslut.
    You can avoid this bug by turning your phone and using the calculator in landscape mode, where it will present you the correct result (which is 33) under consideration of this mathematic law.
    11-29-2013 05:01 AM
545 ... 910111213 ...