10-14-2015 08:39 PM
545 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Did you use a battery app or the built in battery information?
    The built-in battery information. This was just the forth or fifth time i charge the phone. I don't own it for long time.
    01-04-2014 09:08 AM
    I'm having real issues with the back cover. The very first 925 back cover could be pushed in at the top of the device, like many users already reported, it was making clicking and squeaking sounds when pressing on it. Also the power button was flushed in, looked like it was always pressed. So i had it exchanged for a second one, where the exact same issue with the back cover happens, except it can be pushed in different spots. On this second device, the vibration is also very very noisy, completely different from the first one. It feels different too. I'm on my way to get my money back and try to buy it from a different retailer, hoping all these annoyances will be gone but if there is something wrong with it again, I'm afraid I'll have to choose a different phone.

EDIT: 3rd device and again, exactly same issue with the back cover, when I swipe my thumb from the right of the camera outwards, to the edge with no buttons, it makes a loud click as something snaps into place, but as I let go, the cover slightly pops up again, it's not flushed into the metal body properly, going to have to go to that store again and get the money back, for the second time now, I give up on Lumia 925...
    I also have the clicking noise when pressing the back cover but on the side of the buttons. My power button is also flushed in. It's a bit annoying but for the price I paid, I'm not complaining much.

Is there a second hardware revision for this phone? Mine is 1.0.0.0
    You can check your hardware revision on 'About' in Settings.
    01-08-2014 08:25 AM
    It's still draining abnormally when the screen is locked or when the phone is off. I don't really know why. What I do to remedy the situation is to always prevent the phone from going to lockscreen manually because I don't have that option to turn the lockscreen off.
    Certainly background running apps. Did you check it?
    01-08-2014 09:58 AM
    For no reason my Calender no longer alarms when there is one due, no message comes up or anything, please help? I have done nothing to it to do this
    Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my question
    01-11-2014 07:26 AM
    I just bought the 925 about 4 days ago, upgrading from a 720. Here are my list of observations for my unit:

1. Back arrow capacitive key is not evenly lit up. Right-half of the "←" key seems a bit dimmer. But this is nothing major since the key works fine. Just an annoyance.
    2. Sim tray is a bit flimsy and prone to breakage if not careful. The 720's sim tray is excellent. I wonder why Nokia chose to make it like so for the 925.
    3. 3G Signal strength bar 'seems' weaker compared to my 720 in my area (3-4 bars vs full bars). But I never notice any slowdown with 3G transfer rate. So I guess it's just software?
    01-12-2014 03:37 AM
    I tried 925 back in August/September and had signal strength issues which lead to its return. I've since purchased a like new 925 which does not have those issues. I'm not sure if Nokia released a fix or if it was a hardware issue. So far loving the WP8 experience.
    01-12-2014 10:15 AM
    Dont try to make a screenshot during music is playing on earphones/external speakers on phones jack!!!!
    Then the sound will shift to left speaker only and you have to restart the phone.... almost sent it back to service coz of this... can never ever happen on iPhone... never...
    01-16-2014 11:10 AM
    Dont try to make a screenshot during music is playing on earphones/external speakers on phones jack!!!!
    Then the sound will shift to left speaker only and you have to restart the phone.... almost sent it back to service coz of this... can never ever happen on iPhone... never...
    Yea is it only when you make a sscreenshot. Cuz I don't screenshot often and its happened a lot. And its really starting to **** me off
    01-16-2014 04:12 PM
    anyone have their touchscreen be unresponsive randomly but only for the first touch. Example would be I'm in the navigation app or camera up, i go back to the home page and go to scroll down, nothing happens, try again by lifting my finger and putting it right back down and its fine.

I turned high sensitivity OFF and I haven't noticed the issue since then, odd.
    01-16-2014 04:15 PM
    anyone have their touchscreen be unresponsive randomly but only for the first touch. Example would be I'm in the navigation app or camera up, i go back to the home page and go to scroll down, nothing happens, try again by lifting my finger and putting it right back down and its fine.

I have this happen on my L521, but thought it may have just been me. My issue is opposite. I turn High Sensitivity off and that's when it started.
    01-16-2014 04:21 PM

I always have high sensitivity off but it only occurs on my 925 in apps where the buttons are very small (for example in Facebook when I want to press the "xy people like this" or the comments. Also with the 3 buttons on the top in facebook (requests, messages, notifications). But never with scrolling and only in apps.
    01-16-2014 04:31 PM
    well, my t-mobile lumia 925 died last weekend after two months, first it wasn't turning on at all just vibrate and nothing. Then I did the soft-reset (?) volume down+power button I started to see a blue screen then it was turning off again. I tried another key combination I've read somewhere volume up, volume down, power, volume down, then I started to see the boot manager, it was giving an error saying some device not found. Anyways I couldn't turn it on or get it connected to a computer, so T-mobile is sending another one. Of course they ask a 'warranty processing fee' of 20 dollars. I have a feeling this is related to the heating issue right next to the camera module. Although these things can happen given the complexity of a device like a smartphone, I lost a bit of confidence in the phone. I'm reading this has happened to other people too.
    01-16-2014 05:33 PM
    I received the new one on weekend. Everything was great, no warming up next to the camera module. but the shutter button was too stiff no two stage action. took the phone to the t-mobile store. the guy confirmed it could be a problem ordered a new one. The one on display at the t-mobile store had a completely different feeling. But now using after 2 days the button is back to normal, you can feel the two stage pressing and all. The new one is not shipped yet, kinda frustrated if I should try to cancel that. :/

edit1: I take it back, same spot gets heated in this one too.

edit2: Camera button went bad again. I'm not dropping it or anything.
    Last edited by obakir; 01-20-2014 at 08:49 PM.
    01-20-2014 04:37 PM
    On my 925 the spot next to the camera gets warm too, but there has to be heavy CPU/GPU use so I get nervous about it and I only experienced this only when I was playing games with great 3D graphics (FF III, Six Guns,...).
    But I had this on my Samsung Galaxy S Plus and Samsung Nexus S too, but it was far more serious (also the screen would get really warm, not only when I was playing games, almost every activity with "normal to heavy" internet use).
    So, I'm not really concerned by this one.
    01-20-2014 07:29 PM
    Yeah, pretty high warming seems to be becoming a common property of modern hardware. For example, my Envy 4 Ultrabook gets burning-hot in the bottom when I play games on it, and it's indeed normal (it will shut off otherwise). There's also warnings on the manual about injuries that this warming may cause to the skin if you use it over your lap!! Thinner high-end hardware always get hot.

My 925 gets pretty hot as well when using it actively with a resource-consuming app open. Just open Waze, leave it running for about 3 mins and you will see what I mean (Waze's case is a bug anyways, but you get the point). Also any 3D game. Things like video playing, heavy web browsing gets it moderate-hot.

So, obakir, the heating on your device is perfectly normal. Your phone will shut itself off if it detects any anormal heating, dont worry. The only thing that may be harmful is a continuous hot-state, because the battery can be damaged. But if you dont leave any heavy app running in the background it shouldn't get hot at all when on stand-by.
    QwarkDreams likes this.
    01-21-2014 09:58 PM
    Hi, i seem to be havong a problem on my lumia 925, suddenly the microphone doesnt work anymore while im on skype, or recording videos or audio. This is a major problem since im a musician and if i cannot record reahersals that pretty much kills the whole "smart" part of my smartpphone. Ive read around and noticed this is a very common problem, and seems to be a software problem. Something about an update that messed things up. I have to say (i dont know if this reaches anyone at nokia or not, anyways ill discharge here) this is really a disapointment. I swicthed from iphone and im honestly regretting it by now.
    Back to the issue, the mic seems to work while im on calls but not while i use the speaker. So, to sum it up, no sound on videos, voice notes, and skype. MAJOR BUG. Hope someone here has an explanation or solution. Thanks!
    01-28-2014 02:35 PM
    using navigation kills my battery AFTER i stop using navigation.

Example, i am navigating while phone is charging, I stop and phone is at 100%. A while later it will be at 80% without being touched
    01-30-2014 02:21 PM
    using navigation kills my battery AFTER i stop using navigation.

Example, i am navigating while phone is charging, I stop and phone is at 100%. A while later it will be at 80% without being touched
    You have to hit the back button and exit navigation. A plus to this that your position is then saved to use the find your car feature.
    01-30-2014 02:26 PM
    I have a new problem with the 3rd 925. After battery is fully discharged, says goodbye and turns off. then I put it on charge. it takes at least 20 mins for the phone to turn on.
    02-07-2014 12:47 AM
    I have a new problem with the 3rd 925. After battery is fully discharged, says goodbye and turns off. then I put it on charge. it takes at least 20 mins for the phone to turn on.
    Do you see the battery icon on the screen? No problem...
    02-07-2014 01:14 AM
    what do you mean no problem?
    There's nothing on the screen, the windows button starts flashing at first for a cpl of minutes then gives up. phone does not turn on for half an hr (I just did a more accurate timing)
    if I press the lock button I see the battery icon, if I do the volume down+lock button for 10 secs I see the nokia symbol and the battery symbol then nothing on the screen. I was able to use the phone while charging with the previous 925's I had. Do you guys all wait half an hr for the phone to start up?
    02-07-2014 01:20 AM
    02-07-2014 01:50 AM
    i'm having the same issues in my 6ht replace from nokia, heating & battery sudden drop, sometimes phone become too hot even in stand by, when sunscreen readability is on & if I go to the direct sunlight, all colors become faded white(dark pink becomes light pink) & as soon as I come to the dark place , it becomes again normal & most annoying issue is , when I play the games then automatic background graphics change(e.g angry birds has stable background with stable graphic but after some mins gameplay, I noticed brightness updown in real time, some areas show me heavy contrast & in temple run 2 like games character become too noisy ), it's scene of each & every game here are just 2 examples, & most importantly it's happened anytime so can't show it to nokia care personally ,since 4 months i'm suffering from this.(My 820 has none of the above mentioned issues )
    02-07-2014 02:01 AM
    what do you mean no problem?
    There's nothing on the screen, the windows button starts flashing at first for a cpl of minutes then gives up. phone does not turn on for half an hr (I just did a more accurate timing)
    if I press the lock button I see the battery icon, if I do the volume down+lock button for 10 secs I see the nokia symbol and the battery symbol then nothing on the screen. I was able to use the phone while charging with the previous 925's I had. Do you guys all wait half an hr for the phone to start up?
    no , for me it's about 10-15 mins max to max
    02-07-2014 02:06 AM
    Can anyone confirm what happens when you try to charge your phone from a fully drained state (after phone closes itself), please include how old is your phone too. Thanks. Sometimes I rely on my phone for GPS and driving. let's say my phone is dead. I get into my car, plug it into the charger, I have to wait 20 mins for the phone to wake up? what if it's an emergency and I have to call 911. I owned nokia's since 1998, first time owning a nokia like this.
    02-07-2014 03:48 PM
545 ... 1112131415 ...