Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

rjorge77

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Some times when I'm on a web page I can't go back to the last page I was on. I don't mean the last tab by the way, holding the back key works as it should but taping it does nothing no matter how many times I press it.

Am I just stupid or is this a problem with my phone.

Thanks
Hi,

I also have this iIssueon my L925.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Some times when I'm on a web page I can't go back to the last page I was on. I don't mean the last tab by the way, holding the back key works as it should but taping it does nothing no matter how many times I press it.

Thanks

It's not a problem with your phone. It's a WP8 thing. IE only saves the most recent webpage you visit, so if you want to go back to a previously visited site, you'll have to enter the URL manually (or save it to your favorites and access it there).

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Thanks

Happens to me as well. What I do is refresh the page. In the middle of the refresh, I then push the back button.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
It's not a problem with your phone. It's a WP8 thing. IE only saves the most recent webpage you visit, so if you want to go back to a previously visited site, you'll have to enter the URL manually (or save it to your favorites and access it there).

What I mean is that if I'm on a website like say vwvortex and I click on a thread and when I'm finished with that thread and want to go back to the main page it will not go back to the main page where the list of threads are. Now if that's a windows thing its just mad and stupid of them to have it like that.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Same.. But it only happens when I am at home.. Prolly a haunted house!

I have this issue too, but only when I have really bad reception. When I have good reception (3-5 reception bars) the call quality is top (better than with my previous Android phones).

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro2_254 using Tapatalk

Tim Klunko

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi to everyone.

Sometimes I have problems with calls. I speak but soon my call breaks. Have written to Nokia, but they didn't answer. So what is a problem? Is it smth wrong with antenna or is it software problem?

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
does anyone have an issue with texting when wi-fi calling is enabled? is this a tmobile issue? text messages I sent are bounces back from tmobile when wifi is enabled.

I did notice this before. I also noticed that MMS also doesn't work. What I did to fix it was, I went to the WiFi calling app and changed it from "WiFi Preferred" to "Cellular Preferred." That seemed to work for me.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I did notice this before. I also noticed that MMS also doesn't work. What I did to fix it was, I went to the WiFi calling app and changed it from "WiFi Preferred" to "Cellular Preferred." That seemed to work for me.
It's been an issue since the beginning that there are problems with MMS usage and Wi-Fi Calling activated. Especially when images are involved.

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I get that WiFi on/off toggle switch thing on my old HTC HD7 with WP7.8
I don't recall it doing it back in the early days so it's perhaps something that was added with one of the software updates.

El-Macho

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
i got my phone today 925....when i take a picture with the camera hard ware hey the volume bar displays, also if i hit the down volume key the camera activates.....?

OMG Man..Where were you? I've been looking for someone who had this problem. All my buttons are acting like camera buttons. Volume/Lock and Camera. Plus the camera button does not work in 2-stage focus and shoot. It just shoot when I touch it (not even press..just touch). But the lock/volume button act as camera key only occasionally. Sometimes they are good and normal..sometimes they think they are camera keys. I don't know what's going on. My phone is haunted. Did your problem get solved? :O

djmuzi

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
After I updated to GDR3 my earphone connection broke but I fixed this with a hard reset, very strange:straight:. Then the telephone-speaker broke (worked fine for a while) Might be software problems... might be hardware...

Prashant_Gupta

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I've bought Nokia Lumia 925 couple of days before and facing the same problem. I noticed it first in office, so I thought it would be some Interference coming due to LAB next to my seat, but when it appeared at Home I understood it is from Phone only. Now I have been to many sites looking for the solution but it seems that there is none.
Not only the Interference noise is coming, call dropping is also a major issue if you hold the phone tightly.

If it continues like this there is no option just to go back to Nokia Care and asking for exchange.

janescar

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I too have the same problem of the refresh line!, Any news?
I hope it's nothing serious, and that this is a software problem. :S

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I read about this bug in a german WP magazine and tested it, sadly it's true: in portrait mode the stock calculator will ignore the rule 'multiplication and division first, then addition and subtraction'. So if you type in 3 + 3 * 10 you'll get 60 as reslut.
You can avoid this bug by turning your phone and using the calculator in landscape mode, where it will present you the correct result (which is 33) under consideration of this mathematic law.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I read about this bug in a german WP magazine and tested it, sadly it's true: in portrait mode the stock calculator will ignore the rule 'multiplication and division first, then addition and subtraction'. So if you type in 3 + 3 * 10 you'll get 60 as reslut.
You can avoid this bug by turning your phone and using the calculator in landscape mode, where it will present you the correct result (which is 33) under consideration of this mathematic law.
Is that a bug? Standard calculators don't do that already? Both the desktop and Windows 8 calculators in standard mode perform like the Windows Phone calculator in portrait mode.

djmuzi

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I know lot's of phones which behaves that way... Not a bug but developer are boneidle to do this simple trick right .... :devil:

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Is that a bug? Standard calculators don't do that already? Both the desktop and Windows 8 calculators in standard mode perform like the Windows Phone calculator in portrait mode.

As far as I know every calculator should calculate with this rule (as long as the calculator doesn't perform step by step (i.e. 3+3 * 10 -> 3+3=6, 6*10, like with the calculator on Windows Vista). Even the calculator on my iPod Touch uses the 'multiplication and division first, then addition and subtraction rule. But as you can type in all numbers and then hit = it should consider this law also in WP8.

deejTHtraveller

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Some issues i have come across on my Lumia 925 (Amber)

• When i click on the Xbox/Music tile, it opens to a black screen with "loading.." written on it and then shuts down after few seconds (automatically). The second time i opens it, it works and i can access my music.

• Sometimes, the volume doesn't increase or decrease, when i use the buttons on the side. Have to soft-reset to resolve this issue.

domku

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

This is because in the portrait mode WP emulates an "ordinary" calculator capable of only one calculation at a time, while in landscape mode you have a scientific one which obeys the laws of calculation orders.

Quite convenient I'd say.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte