10-14-2015 08:39 PM
545 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Hello guys

I dont know if this is a real problem but I guess it is so. My previous phone was Lumia 800. Now I got new Lumia925 but I noticed it does not register swipes sometimes. Its really hard to explain, I would rather show you (will try to take it on video). It happens when I use "back" button or unlock the phone and I immediately want to swipe display fast. It does not register that swipe. I must wait one second, second a half before I can swipe. Its really annoying and I cant believe that this phone requires such slow reaction when my Lumia 800 never done this before. Any help?

Here is a video of my problem:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ2IJ6aqrFI (notice the start, 0:27 and 0:49)
    second one:

Hi. I tried to reproduce your issue on my 925 and for sure I do not have such lag/delay. But I have no idea what could be the problem in your case...
    03-13-2014 01:28 AM
    Hi. I tried to reproduce your issue on my 925 and for sure I do not have such lag/delay. But I have no idea what could be the problem in your case...
    It almost looks like he is not touching the phones screen for the first swipe.
    03-13-2014 03:23 AM
    It almost looks like he is not touching the phones screen for the first swipe.
    It may looks like that because of distance I was filming but its surely not like that. Today I replaced my phone for new one and the new one has the same bug. I am really desperate now. Interesting that no such thing about it on internet though.
    03-13-2014 01:25 PM
    Nokia changed my 920 (defects) for a new 925, I'm loving it and it does seem a little better from the 920, although it has 16gb..

Well, Lumia 925 seems to be more affective to that ''green'' hue on photos, they're sharper than the 920, but photos indoors are affected pretty much by this green hue, more than the 920, as well as taking photo with flash, seems to be more vunerable to this problem as well..

I wish nokia/microsoft fix this in the wp8.1, it's annoying to see such a great camera being ''destroyed'' by bad algorithms, this hue is really boring..

EDIT: although the blacks are AWESOME and significantly better than the 920, white is not like that, viewing angles on white kind shows a green hue, side effects of amoled screen.. well, despite the camera's algorithms, great phone ;)
    Last edited by AndreStudart; 03-13-2014 at 05:10 PM.
    03-13-2014 04:25 PM
    Nokia changed my 920 (defects) for a new 925, I'm loving it and it does seem a little better from the 920, although it has 16gb..

Well, Lumia 925 seems to be more affective to that ''green'' hue on photos, they're sharper than the 920, but photos indoors are affected pretty much by this green hue, more than the 920, as well as taking photo with flash, seems to be more vunerable to this problem as well..

I wish nokia/microsoft fix this in the wp8.1, it's annoying to see such a great camera being ''destroyed'' by bad algorithms, this hue is really boring..

EDIT: although the blacks are AWESOME and significantly better than the 920, white is not like that, viewing angles on white kind shows a green hue, side effects of amoled screen.. well, despite the camera's algorithms, great phone ;)
    How long did you own lumia 920?
    03-14-2014 05:26 AM
    How long did you own lumia 920?
    10months, until I decided to take it to care center to fix a ''always had'' defect, they couldn't fix it so nokia changed it for 925
    03-14-2014 09:13 AM
    I would go back to your mobile provider and do a warranty exchange for it, like when it pops out show them
    I took it in to an authorized Nokia Care centre, and they repaired my device. They replaced the entire glass and aluminum frame, while keeping the internal components. One of the reps was able to show me a very tiny dent in the top left corner of the aluminum frame, possibly from dropping the phone, which apparently was not allowing the glass to fit flush with the edges. Anyway, I'm happy it's fixed.
    03-15-2014 10:04 PM
    I took it in to an authorized Nokia Care centre, and they repaired my device. They replaced the entire glass and aluminum frame, while keeping the internal components. One of the reps was able to show me a very tiny dent in the top left corner of the aluminum frame, possibly from dropping the phone, which apparently was not allowing the glass to fit flush with the edges. Anyway, I'm happy it's fixed.

Did they tell you if they replaced the battery? As far as i know if you remove the battery from lumia 925 you have to use other.
    03-17-2014 05:13 AM
    Same here .... Can lock up to 25 time a minute .... Any updates on that bug, very annoying !!
    03-19-2014 07:31 PM
    Hi there, I have a problem with my Lumina 925. I had it for a month or so and the battery doesn't seems to be charging at all I took it to ask for the warranty and they told me was a "Software issue" apparently all I have to do is reset my phone to fabric settings. This is the second time it happens and is getting annoying having to reset my phone every 2 weeks or so.

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem? thanks
    03-19-2014 09:09 PM
    Camera button has lost its movement/play.....it has had alot of use, but i'm still annoyed that it's deteriorated. Has anyone else had this happen? or even better a fix for it? I imagine it would need taking apart and cleaning or something but I will leave that for Nokia to do if I can bare to send it away for over a week for a repair!
    03-27-2014 12:39 PM
    I've not had this problem, but often a soft reset seems to fix occasional problems on my phone.. (soft reset is done by holding power off and volume down buttons together until you feel a vibration... you will know it has done it because the phone shows a big white exclamation mark(!).... If this fails, make sure you have the latest software update to Lumia Black?
    03-27-2014 12:42 PM
    the second 925 I received had that problem, it was refurbished and the camera button was very stiff to press (I mean very!). I showed it to the t-mobile store people and They sent a new one, and now this is too sensitive usually takes two shots instead of one. I have big fingers may be it's me.
    03-28-2014 04:57 PM
    My friends Lumia 925 (AT&T) received a recent update, and now he HAS to put in a password to unlock the phone, it blew my mind. I went into his settings and you can't un check having a password or not. Did soft reset and still no luck, so weird. Anyone else come across this?!
    03-30-2014 08:02 PM
    Here Drive doesn't work on mine if I'm charging my phone. Speed, direction and location all go mental. Unplugging my device makes it all go back to normal.
    03-31-2014 07:26 AM
    Here Drive doesn't work on mine if I'm charging my phone. Speed, direction and location all go mental. Unplugging my device makes it all go back to normal.
    What charger are you using?

If it is a car charger then try it at home with the wall charger and if the problem is gone then you have the answer, it's your car charger or the car itself.
    03-31-2014 09:10 AM
    Wifi password window time limit

Has anyone tried to type a password, which is longer than 20 chars? Or even worse, have you seen anybody with disabilities trying to achieve it? The window simply tries to connect after a given amount of time, no matter if you finished or not.

Thanks,
    F
    Last edited by kvcsfrnc; 04-02-2014 at 07:33 AM.
    04-02-2014 07:13 AM
    Bulk delete from calendar (after synchronization failure)

Right now you can not delete multiple calendar items, so in case you have an errorous synchronization from any "cloud like" services, you will have to hard-reset your phone to get rid of the newly imported calendar items. My suggestion is, that in any function, which enables bulk loading/inserting/synchronizing items (phone numbers, text messages, calendar items, etc.) search and bulk delete options should be provided as well.

Best regards,
    F
    04-02-2014 07:21 AM
    Calendar/text message search/multiple item manipulation

No such options are available. Downloadable apps are not working correctly as well. Why isn't it included by default in a high-end phone in 2014? Disappointing.

Best regards,
    F
    04-02-2014 07:23 AM
    How to set the phone onto silent mode directly from the main screen?

Previously NOKIA phones had the ability to set your "profile" (eg. silent, street, meeting, etc) directly from the main screen. You didn't have to wander into settings/sounds... in order to apply a new setting quickly. What happened? :-)

Best regards,
    F
    04-02-2014 07:27 AM
    SMS delivery report appears as separate message without modifying the status of the original message

Best regards,
    F
    04-02-2014 07:33 AM
    Local (cloudless) synchronization is needed

Why is it not possible to sync. my calendar/contact list from a local Outlook (or a simply CSV file)? Why shall I copy all my data into an MS/Google/Etc. cloud (or rather: fog) in order to achieve this? Privacy, please :-)

Also, although it has been stated several times: it is very disappointing to buy a NOKIA phone without real options to sync. my saved stuff from my previous NOKIA phone (E52).

Best regards,
    F
    Last edited by kvcsfrnc; 04-03-2014 at 02:35 AM.
    04-02-2014 07:38 AM
    No options to skip downloading pictures/multimedia content in default internet explorer browser

Sometimes you want to browse only the text of an online article. Also some kind of user friendly caching is needed (I don't want to reload constantly the pages automatically when navigating back to previous pages).

Best regards,
    F
    04-02-2014 07:42 AM
    Limited file handling capabilities

Copying subfolders under "documents" result invisible content for Office applications. Why is it only SD cards that can be seen as separate "drives" for applications? Why isn't there a default folder on the phone itself that could be used to achieve the same functionality? (How am I supposed to copy ebooks onto the phone from desktop PC? Why can't I use USB connection to achieve this?) Why isn't any file browser applications included by default? Has any MS software developer working on Windows 8.1 tried to use this phone?

Best regards,
    F
    04-02-2014 07:48 AM
    Getting your post count up
    04-02-2014 09:15 AM
545 ... 1314151617 ...