Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

nemov888

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Camera button has lost its movement/play.....it has had alot of use, but i'm still annoyed that it's deteriorated. Has anyone else had this happen? or even better a fix for it? I imagine it would need taking apart and cleaning or something but I will leave that for Nokia to do if I can bare to send it away for over a week for a repair!

nemov888

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I've not had this problem, but often a soft reset seems to fix occasional problems on my phone.. (soft reset is done by holding power off and volume down buttons together until you feel a vibration... you will know it has done it because the phone shows a big white exclamation mark(!).... If this fails, make sure you have the latest software update to Lumia Black?

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
the second 925 I received had that problem, it was refurbished and the camera button was very stiff to press (I mean very!). I showed it to the t-mobile store people and They sent a new one, and now this is too sensitive usually takes two shots instead of one. I have big fingers may be it's me.

stupidsteven

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
My friends Lumia 925 (AT&T) received a recent update, and now he HAS to put in a password to unlock the phone, it blew my mind. I went into his settings and you can't un check having a password or not. Did soft reset and still no luck, so weird. Anyone else come across this?!

Green Samot

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Here Drive doesn't work on mine if I'm charging my phone. Speed, direction and location all go mental. Unplugging my device makes it all go back to normal.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Here Drive doesn't work on mine if I'm charging my phone. Speed, direction and location all go mental. Unplugging my device makes it all go back to normal.

What charger are you using?

If it is a car charger then try it at home with the wall charger and if the problem is gone then you have the answer, it's your car charger or the car itself.

kvcsfrnc

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Wifi password window time limit

Has anyone tried to type a password, which is longer than 20 chars? Or even worse, have you seen anybody with disabilities trying to achieve it? The window simply tries to connect after a given amount of time, no matter if you finished or not.

Thanks,
F

Last edited:

kvcsfrnc

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Bulk delete from calendar (after synchronization failure)

Right now you can not delete multiple calendar items, so in case you have an errorous synchronization from any "cloud like" services, you will have to hard-reset your phone to get rid of the newly imported calendar items. My suggestion is, that in any function, which enables bulk loading/inserting/synchronizing items (phone numbers, text messages, calendar items, etc.) search and bulk delete options should be provided as well.

Best regards,
F

kvcsfrnc

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Calendar/text message search/multiple item manipulation

No such options are available. Downloadable apps are not working correctly as well. Why isn't it included by default in a high-end phone in 2014? Disappointing.

Best regards,
F

kvcsfrnc

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
How to set the phone onto silent mode directly from the main screen?

Previously NOKIA phones had the ability to set your "profile" (eg. silent, street, meeting, etc) directly from the main screen. You didn't have to wander into settings/sounds... in order to apply a new setting quickly. What happened? :)

Best regards,
F

kvcsfrnc

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Local (cloudless) synchronization is needed

Why is it not possible to sync. my calendar/contact list from a local Outlook (or a simply CSV file)? Why shall I copy all my data into an MS/Google/Etc. cloud (or rather: fog) in order to achieve this? Privacy, please :)

Also, although it has been stated several times: it is very disappointing to buy a NOKIA phone without real options to sync. my saved stuff from my previous NOKIA phone (E52).

Best regards,
F

Last edited:

kvcsfrnc

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
No options to skip downloading pictures/multimedia content in default internet explorer browser

Sometimes you want to browse only the text of an online article. Also some kind of user friendly caching is needed (I don't want to reload constantly the pages automatically when navigating back to previous pages).

Best regards,
F

kvcsfrnc

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Limited file handling capabilities

Copying subfolders under "documents" result invisible content for Office applications. Why is it only SD cards that can be seen as separate "drives" for applications? Why isn't there a default folder on the phone itself that could be used to achieve the same functionality? (How am I supposed to copy ebooks onto the phone from desktop PC? Why can't I use USB connection to achieve this?) Why isn't any file browser applications included by default? Has any MS software developer working on Windows 8.1 tried to use this phone?

Best regards,
F

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
How to set the phone onto silent mode directly from the main screen?

Previously NOKIA phones had the ability to set your "profile" (eg. silent, street, meeting, etc) directly from the main screen. You didn't have to wander into settings/sounds... in order to apply a new setting quickly. What happened? :)

Best regards,
F

Yes you can, press volume up or down once and you will see a bell in the top right corner, tap it. You can even do it from the lock screen!

However I'm sure that because you have so many faults with windows/Nokia that you will be moving to IOS or android soon.

Krishna10

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I've updated my phone (Lumia 925) from Amber to Black... Everything was Just fine. But when I restart my phone, the phone theme changes automatically to Olive and background to Dark..

Anyone facing this kind of issue.

kvcsfrnc

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes you can, press volume up or down once and you will see a bell in the top right corner, tap it. You can even do it from the lock screen!

However I'm sure that because you have so many faults with windows/Nokia that you will be moving to IOS or android soon.

Actually you can not :) Using the volume keys, it will only get to "vibrate only", not "silent". However the main issue is that there is no such thing as profile, which could be easily set in one click, directly from the main screen.

As far as IOS and android is concerned, I could see similar problems there too (eg. file handling), so I'd rather consider going back to a symbian big-screen (even though I know it's a dead-end)... :-(

kvcsfrnc

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Bluetooth and jack-audio-output at the same time?
Hi!

My car audio can be connected to the phone via a simple jack plug. (It's a bit older system, doesn't have bluetooth audio-in option.) My previous phone (E52) could achieve to navigate, phone and play music at the same time (stopping the music when talking over the phone). How to do this with the Lumia system? My experience is that connecting it to the car audio, the bluetooth device (Nokia CK-7W) seems to become useless: I can't hear anyone. Any suggestions?

Best regards,
F

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss