Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed a bit of ghosting - if you switch to a blank screen/area after looking at some menus there is sometimes the tell-tale 'echo' of the previous screen.

Also, this is perhaps not a defect but my sim card tray feels a bit loose - you can push it up/down and around with your finger when closed. ANyone else have this?

deedeeaitch

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I've decided to return my 2nd handset to Vodafone as the call quality issue I mentioned above is really bugging me. The reception also seems to be worse than my old iPhone 3GS. For info, I posted up on the Vodafone forum (Nokia Lumia 925 Call Audio Quality Problem - Vodafone eForum) and a number of other people are having similar issues. Not sure if the problems just relate to a bad batch as I would expect to see a lot more complaints if it was a fundamental problem with the phone...

MerlinJnr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
My 925 just black screened. When i touched the screen all 3 capacitive buttons glowed. Still getting feedback from back button, but phone would not return to home screen or lock screen. Rather odd. Did a soft restart and came back on normally (86% Battery so this was not a cause). Has anyone experienced this, and any ideas why it might happen?. Thanks.

Bashar Kokash

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
My 1 week old 925 turned off to a black screen 3 times till now, I have to do a soft reset to wake it up.
I even tried a hard reset but still the same.

After a soft reset it wakes up with a wrong time and date.
If anyone found a solution please share.

Firenze89

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed a bit of ghosting - if you switch to a blank screen/area after looking at some menus there is sometimes the tell-tale 'echo' of the previous screen.

Also, this is perhaps not a defect but my sim card tray feels a bit loose - you can push it up/down and around with your finger when closed. ANyone else have this?

My sim card tray doesn't have any looseness but I read this was the case with some review units.

No on screen ghosting either on mine.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I got black Lumia 925 unlocked from Vodafone Germany 32 GB... I noticed from the first moment that the brightness for the touch buttons is very very low compared to 920 and the light is not uniformly distributed over each button... also the color of the light look like yellow/orange/red combination, sorry its hard to describe the color precisely...
I have a Lumia 920 also and it has much much better brightness even though my 920 button has the yellow tint problem... My 925 button are yellow to orange color... The brightness very very low...

Another problem the right side of screen a little bit yellow compared to the left side when looking at the keyboard.. Also another issue which known for most Samsung AMOLED screens, if you go to completely dark room and open a black photo on the screen (you can use app called pixel doctor to check) you will notice black annoying dots darker than the rest of the screen... Mine has 7 main dots..

Is this normal? How yours looks like? Just wondering how many people has these problems...

UPDATE: I have another problem described below... Blurry text while scrolling....
Noticed that my lumia 925 has a blurry text while scrolling, specially when scrolling white text over black background or black text over white background... also noticed some blurry when scrolling tiles on the home screen, this blurry occurred around the black horizontal lines separating the tiles.... compared the scrolling with the 920 and there is a huge difference...
I read that some of the galaxy S4 units has this problem and that this problem related to Samsung AMOLED screens, and you know the lumia 925 has a Samsung AMOLED screen.
Any one has these issues? let me know in comments please..

Last edited:

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
We are getting some mixed reports on the manufacturer of the AMOLED screen. Some are claiming they are made by Samsung, some have said they have contacted Nokia who say the screens are made in-house.

Can we get a consensus, please?

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
We are getting some mixed reports on the manufacturer of the AMOLED screen. Some are claiming they are made by Samsung, some have said they have contacted Nokia who say the screens are made in-house.

Can we get a consensus, please?

i dont think nokia made it, what i know is that nokia has no history manufacturing screens, specially amoled ones, nokia will never admit from where they get their screens, companies like to let the customer feel that the whole device is done by them...

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Lot of heavy use today (new user) no issues at all apart from the aforementioned backplate fit for engineer access which isn't something I'm likely to remember or be bothered by.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Oh well I've made up my mind and I'm getting 1 next week so I hope I don't have any of these problems. I have noticed that coz Aussie is one of the last places to get products that by the time they do get here all those little issues are usually ironed out, which is a plus I guess. I'll know in a week anyway ;)

michael1782

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
had the phone for nearly a month now and its been sent away to be fixed. problem being the plastic on the back begin to come lose from the aluminium at the top and when pressed began clicking loud. also I compressed the camera lens in and it went that far in you could actually see in under the plastic. SO CHECK ;)

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Have same issue with posting on the web forum at times. Easier to use the WPCentral app :)

FWIW, I frequently have issues with posting article comments and to the forums (but especially article comments) on my HD7 running WP7.5. I also sometimes run into issues on desktop and app versions of IE on my Surface (Win8) and work machine (Win7). I almost always have to switch to the plain text editor in the articles just to post anything from my phone. In both articles and forums, the text cursor freezes and I end up having to guess where newly typed text will appear in my posts.

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
had the phone for nearly a month now and its been sent away to be fixed. problem being the plastic on the back begin to come lose from the aluminium at the top and when pressed began clicking loud. also I compressed the camera lens in and it went that far in you could actually see in under the plastic. SO CHECK ;)

what do you mean, you pushed the lens in so it recessed into the body of the phone?!

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm seriously considering buying tha 925 (currently use 820) n all I really wanna know is, has the "other" memory been rectified with the OS n Amber updates??? I really love my Lumia but missing GB's of memory is seriously pissin me off!!!

Nokia has an app I think its called storage check and it allows u to delete the 'other storage' I know its available on the 920 series but as i dont have a Lumia I couldn't tell you which other device

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Nokia has an app I think its called storage check and it allows u to delete the 'other storage' I know its available on the 920 series but as i dont have a Lumia I couldn't tell you which other device

I've got it on my 820 n if u think that's a solution then I want some of whatever ur on lol with storage check ur lucky if u can delete 50mb!! Nokia made that app as a short term solution but it does f#@k all!!! Its MS' responsibility not Nokia's as it's a software problem.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
My one week old L925 has about 500 MB "other" storage memory used.

Do you have auto-backup of photos turned on? Somewhere (can't find the source) I read the issue is caused by the JPEG file save API not deleting its temporary files.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb