Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

earlytomid80s

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
can somebody comment on the white back plate? the units i saw in the store were all dirty and had grey scratches all over the white surface although they've only been out for a day.

Firenze89

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I was pretty scared of that too but I took white because I think it really suits the 925 best.

From my first 3 weeks with it, I can say I'm pretty confident. It can get slightly dirty it but it's very easy to clean.
The good thing is that the slight camera bump + the two dots surrounding the speaker prevents it from having most part of the plastic touching surfaces on which you leave the phone.

Whas it a live device you saw ? Ordinary dummy units tend to look quite bad because cheaper materials are often used to build them.

I'm quite confident with how the phone will age. Also, white matte plastic usually does a better job at hiding scratches than glossy white or even matte black.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Here is a bug I found a reported it to Nokia's US Twitter support. The Bing picture of the day setting for the lock screen appears not to update unless you toggle it off and on. But actually it appears that the process that updates the image should be called Bing picture from yesterday because it updates from the previous day due to some unknown reason. So if you think the picture is stuck, wait one more day.

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having random restarts?! I had those on the 920 and I'm sad to see them still on the 925. Yesterday went for a bike ride, and ran Runtastic Pro, and after 10 min took the 925 out of the pocket and it was restarted on the pin screen. At the end of the day on the ride back, same thing! Anyone else has restarts? This is very bad...

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Got my Lumia 925 last night.

Also, I've discovered that I cannot download MMS messages while connected to Wi-Fi. My wife has an iPhone and I receive every picture she sends via MMS as a link that says "Get Media Content," but when I click on it nothing happens. If I turn off Wi-Fi, I can then download the media content via my data plan. I didn't have this problem on my old HD7.

I have noticed this too, but it is only when I have wifi calling enabled. If I turn off wifi calling, then click the link, the picture loads. It is something they detailed in the WP Central Wifi calling feature, that you couldn't view MMS messages while connected to it. You can only send and receive calls and SMS.​

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have had my 925 since Wednesday's launch, and have noticed 2 things.

1) When viewing the screen in a darkroom at night, if the screen is illuminated with an all black background, it looks like there are blotches of darkness coming down from the top right corner. It is hard to describe, as if there was black ink under the glass. This is not noticeable in daylight or even in dim places, but only when I am in pitch blackness and scrolling through something that has an all black background. It is not like dead pixels, because there is certainly color represented.

2) Does anyone remember viewing the video about the phantom 920 moving on its own sitting on a table top? It had something to do with the curved polycarbonate body and the oils from your hands. I have noticed, when placing my 925 on my leather couch, face down, that it eventually will slide it's way off the couch, eventually, without being touched. This was the first time it fell to the floor for me. I was so shocked, but then remembered what had happened with the 920. I immediately ordered a Skinomi for my 925, so there would be a little difference in texture when it is facedown.

(link to video of haunted 920)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoxNmHFXYo

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

1) When viewing the screen in a darkroom at night, if the screen is illuminated with an all black background, it looks like there are blotches of darkness coming down from the top right corner. It is hard to describe, as if there was black ink under the glass. This is not noticeable in daylight or even in dim places, but only when I am in pitch blackness and scrolling through something that has an all black background. It is not like dead pixels, because there is certainly color represented.

2) Does anyone remember viewing the video about the phantom 920 moving on its own sitting on a table top? It had something to do with the curved polycarbonate body and the oils from your hands. I have noticed, when placing my 925 on my leather couch, face down, that it eventually will slide it's way off the couch, eventually, without being touched. This was the first time it fell to the floor for me. I was so shocked, but then remembered what had happened with the 920. I immediately ordered a Skinomi for my 925, so there would be a little difference in texture when it is facedown.

(link to video of haunted 920)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoxNmHFXYo
I have the black splotches too, only in pitch black room (when wife is sleeping and I'm using the phone), but it's not noticeable otherwise, so I didn't give much attention to it.

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site

I too have the black splotches. I think they are present in every OLED screen because both my zune hd and cowon s9 exhibit the same behavior.

Like you said its only visible in pitch black and it doesn't affect color reproduction

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Is anyone else having random restarts?! I had those on the 920 and I'm sad to see them still on the 925. Yesterday went for a bike ride, and ran Runtastic Pro, and after 10 min took the 925 out of the pocket and it was restarted on the pin screen. At the end of the day on the ride back, same thing! Anyone else has restarts? This is very bad...

Yes, I've had a lot of restarts too, though they seem to be reducing.

Hard to know why, but the Here navigation seems to be a culprit.

Nokia needs to fix this.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
For some reason, on the 925, have two duplicate Hotmail accounts. I'd like to keep Hotmail 2 which syncs contacts, calendar, and messages (in addition to email), but I can't delete Hotmail.

Any ideas?

Pavel Gotze

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Same blotches on my device, as it has no influence at all on display quality, i can live with it. But i was also surprised, what the hell is that. But really looks like its normall on this type of display.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I have problems sharing photos that I have taken with my 925 via MMS. Often the received photo is nothing but a solid color on the bottom half. I have found the same results with both TMobile and AT&T recipients. I suspect this issue is a file-size limitation with MMS, or perhaps TMobile's implementation, because I have better luck with images that are cropped or scaled down.

Anyone else seeing the same?

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I've got a T-Mobile 925 and I live an area where there is excellent LTE coverage but my 925 will not connect to it. All the phone settings are correct and everything on the T-Mobile side is A-OK but for some reason it won't connect. Also if you go into cellular settings and hit network selection T-Mobile has LTE,4G,2G below it. Anyone else having this problem and/or know how to fix it?

Try toggling airplane mode on and off. Over the weekend I was using WiFi calling mode exclusively. Last night, when I turned off the feature, my phone would not connect to standard cell service. Even a full power-down and restart didn't correct the issue. However, after toggling airplane mode everything was back working normally.

spop9

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have problems sharing photos that I have taken with my 925 via MMS. Often the received photo is nothing but a solid color on the bottom half. I have found the same results with both TMobile and AT&T recipients. I suspect this issue is a file-size limitation with MMS, or perhaps TMobile's implementation, because I have better luck with images that are cropped or scaled down.

This happened to me with every other MMS when I was using my unlocked 920. I thought it must have just been my MMS settings because I had to mess with them to get it to work at all. I haven't seen it with my 925 yet. *Knock on wood*

Fiona M

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
My main issue is how hot this handset gets, battery life not stellar either. Occasional freezing and locking. My lock screen was set to Bing earlier and now its not responding only displaying the default. Mainly im really unhappy with the heat coming igg this when charging especially.
I notices the issue warmth immediately, soon as it walked out if the store and I was just operating it for the first time.
Question, should I turn this off at night and let the battery rest? Will that help with overheating?

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
My main issue is how hot this handset gets, battery life not stellar either. Occasional freezing and locking. My lock screen was set to Bing earlier and now its not responding only displaying the default. Mainly im really unhappy with the heat coming igg this when charging especially.
I notices the issue warmth immediately, soon as it walked out if the store and I was just operating it for the first time.
Question, should I turn this off at night and let the battery rest? Will that help with overheating?
My phone got really hot during its first charge. But I was also using it at the same time. Since I got it Friday and finally let it fully charge, it doesn't get hot anymore. Of course, now that it's all set up, I'm not using it as often while it's charging.

lwhitmarsh

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

This seems to be a T-Mobile SIM card issue actually. The HTC 8X i had before my 925 would occasionally do the same thing and the MS store folks said try taking the SIM out and putting it back in and that fixed it for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster