Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've had a lot of restarts too, though they seem to be reducing.

Hard to know why, but the Here navigation seems to be a culprit.

Nokia needs to fix this.

Hmm, so your restarts happen with the maps? Mine with runtastic...maybe GPS related? Still haven't tried it again, hope it's not a real issue...

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine for 6 days now, and the back plate still looks great. It occasionally will get a scuff or a little dirty, but all of that has easily washed off with a damp rag. I think the back will be pretty resiliant.

djrakowski

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The backplate of my L925 is a bit loose near the top of the right side (where my index finger rests while holding it in my right hand).

djrakowski

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Same here . Its a bit loose and you can actually press it down.
Yes, that's it exactly.

I've just noticed several relatively wide scratches on the screen. They aren't deep, like they've actually scratched the glass - more like the outer coating, if there is such a thing on these screens. I've had it in a case since day 1 (last Wednesday) and haven't dropped it.

I hope they'll exchange it for me. I will be livid if they try to make me pay the accidental damage deductible (up to $175) instead.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Gorilla glass seems to vary quite a bit in hardness. My wife's 8x was like plastic; fine scratches were everywhere. My 810 and 720 were really tough. I couldn't find a scratch on them. It makes we wonder if corning sells different grades of GG, perhaps some are age hardened or otherwise treated. I dunno.

Regarding the quality of the 925 bodies. I'm on my third. The screen on the first was literally falling off. The screen in the second one was uneven in the housing. The third one they offered showed warpage and large gaps in the white plastic. Fourth one was good.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Got my Lumia 925 last night.

Currently, I have about 1.35 gigs of "other" storage, though Storage Check says that it is only 737mb of "other" storage.

Also, I've discovered that I cannot download MMS messages while connected to Wi-Fi. My wife has an iPhone and I receive every picture she sends via MMS as a link that says "Get Media Content," but when I click on it nothing happens. If I turn off Wi-Fi, I can then download the media content via my data plan. I didn't have this problem on my old HD7.

Yeah, that's normal. T-Mobile doesn't allow you to get MMS messages via Wi-Fi. You have to have your data turned on. It's annoying indeed.

juststart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got the phone today and made a few calls with it. I was talking to my mother on the phone and I kept hearing a kind of scratching noise on certain words. Any one else have a little fuzzy sound on a call?

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that's it exactly.

I've just noticed several relatively wide scratches on the screen. They aren't deep, like they've actually scratched the glass - more like the outer coating, if there is such a thing on these screens. I've had it in a case since day 1 (last Wednesday) and haven't dropped it.

I hope they'll exchange it for me. I will be livid if they try to make me pay the accidental damage deductible (up to $175) instead.

I noticed the same thing on mine and they just did an even exchange at the local midtown store, no fees. I just brought them the original paper receipt and box, etc.

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I just got the phone today and made a few calls with it. I was talking to my mother on the phone and I kept hearing a kind of scratching noise on certain words. Any one else have a little fuzzy sound on a call?

I haven't noticed a scratching, but the first time I spoke to my wife on her 925 through mine, I thought she was in my ear. It was super HD voice.

djrakowski

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the same thing on mine and they just did an even exchange at the local midtown store, no fees. I just brought them the original paper receipt and box, etc.

That's good to know. Thanks!

EDIT: I've just returned from my local T-Mo outlet, and they replaced it, no questions asked.

Last edited:

Rex SuperHawk

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone.
Although I'm always on this site, it is my first time posting. I got my 925 the first day it came out, love it so far. Battery is excellent, screen gorgeous and all the rest of the features. However, I have come across a problem that has me worried. When I use the phone for a long time, the screen gets and top portion of the back get incredibly hot and my phone becomes none responsive. It has happened twice already; the first time i had the phone replaced, no issues. This morning I was on Netflix and it happened right in my hand: the phone froze for about a second or 2, then it restarted, but then half way through the restart screens, it went black and unresponsive again. This time I let it cool down and soft resetted it and it thankfully came back to life.
Has anyone else come across this issue??

Fiona M

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I too have noticed the keyboard popping up and down on some sites not allowing me to input info. Not sure what's going on. I had to do a hard reset because I was unable to get my lock screen set to Bing after setting up the glance feature. It worked after the reset fine. There is a strange blue portion occasionally popping up as in typing which clouds out the rest of the screen it seems to go away immediately (some kind of bug). Battery wears down quickly if I'm very active online with the phone and quite hot. I have noticed the plastic back is not flush especially up top adjacent to the camera lens. If I gently press on it there is some buoyancy which is worrying I'm going to get a protective case. Otherwise I am happy with the phone. I do find it to have more issues then my Lumia 810 and at a much greater price! They really need to make these things as close to perfect for the high price.

Last edited:

Firenze89

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So far, apart from a black screen forcing to soft reset once, I haven't experience many glitches or bugs if any.

The heating hasn't been the cause of any misbehavior on my device, still I find it quite bothering and uncomfortable compared to other smartphones.

juststart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
*SIGH*

I returned the phone today at the store, had to wait an hour and a half which couldn't be helped since they were really busy, and swapped it out. The phone doesn't have the gap or the loose back but the power button is barely responsive. It looks de-pressed and lower than the volume rocker and the camera button. When you push it's basically already down. There's no click what-so-ever.

Kinda disappointed in the build quality here and not sure I want to go back to the store again. Don't know what my options are.

JONA1970

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

I had the same problem and it's solved with new firmware 3040.0005.1323.3004.
Now my call quality is excellent and no more scratching :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)