Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

JONA1970

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

diegosalinas

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925 : black screen & FFC dust

Love the build and look of the 925. But will probably be returning it and just sticking with my 920.

Photos are great but nothing to my eyes shockingly different than my 920. The dust issue that plagues my 920 exists with my 925 under the front facing camera. Drives me nutty.

And sporadically thru the day, most of screen will turn black and the section not blacked out shows whatever should be displayed

I've done the resets and even tried just leaving stock app and not downloading any other apps. Still happens.

Argh. I really love this phone build over the 920.

cashkennedy

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues where every 36-48 hours it stops connecting to any cellular signal, and refuses to "search" for cellular providers/signals. A restart of phone fixes it and without moving a foot I suddenly have full 5 bars of signal. I also can not get it to connect to LTE in areas where I know T-Mobile already has LTE. I believe these issues are related, hopefully replacing the SIM will fix them which im going to try tomorrow. The SIM was one I got at the T-Mobile store in febuary when I bought a Verizon htc 8x to tide me over until a new wp8 release on t-mobile. Although it maybe related to wifi calling which I tend to be on 50% of the day as both of my jobs have no cellular signal inside. I will also try the "airplane mode" fix, but if I have to do that every 2 days, I don't that much of a solution.

I also had one instance of a sent picture message only transmiting half the image, might also be sim card related.

Reception was pretty bad the first few days I had the phone, and has since improved significantly. I think what other people have mentioned , that it has multiple antennas which it can select (for each section of aluminum around the phone) is related to the problem, perhaps if you start a call one way and then change your grip? Although ive never had reception issues during a call.

Other then that the build quality is excellent on mine , and phone runs great. Although once when I turned glance screen to "peek"
mode I got the error where part of the screen is black and part is showing what you are expecting to get. So perhaps for the people with that issue they should turn glance off or to timed.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have had my 925 for 8 days and this afternoon it turned itself off and never recovered. I had just received a phone call and an appointment reminder popped up. I looked back at it a minute or so later and it looked like it was re-booting. It was at the T-Mobile screen and then it went black. I wasn't able to boot it back up.
I took it to the T-Mobile store on the way home from work and they couldn't get it to boot up, so they gave me a new one.
I'll just chalk it up to a faulty unit, but it still makes me a little nervous.

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
*SIGH*

I returned the phone today at the store, had to wait an hour and a half which couldn't be helped since they were really busy, and swapped it out. The phone doesn't have the gap or the loose back but the power button is barely responsive. It looks de-pressed and lower than the volume rocker and the camera button. When you push it's basically already down. There's no click what-so-ever.

Kinda disappointed in the build quality here and not sure I want to go back to the store again. Don't know what my options are.

I know exactly what you are talking about. my up volume makes a clicking sound like a really loud clicking, like REALLY loud. And when I went to change it at T-Mobile I opened literally 3 different devices and they all had some sort of defect, on one the volume buttons felt to firm and no click, and the other two the power button was really depressed and in a few months would probably not work. So I kept the original one, but now I've noticed that there are finger prints like right where the front facing camera is. most of the time you can't notice is when I clean it but no amount of cleaning will get them off. Its almost like someone had some sort of super glue or adhesive on their fingers when they touched it there. cuz when I run my nail over it I can feel the groves and I know it isn't me cuz I haven't used any adhesives in the past two days when I got it. Its really frustrating I was reading that pertrolium jelly like Vaseline can work against super glue or things like nail polish remover. If anyone can chime in on how to remove it if you have had super glue on your screen that would be awesome. Otherwise I'm gonna go to T-Mobile and I don't care how many new 925 devices I have to open, I will until I get one where the build quality is good aka the side buttons are depressed where they are practically flush, I'm gonna make sure that they click well cuz I'm not gonna dish out close to 600 (after taxes) for a phone and deal with crappy build quality

ramonq619

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So I just noticed a problem. My T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 925 won't go to landscape mode when you can. Like pictures and the browser. Anyone else have this problem?

murrayalex

Jun 26, 2002
Visit site
Sent mine back after a week as the back was all creaky, it was okay with the power off & felt really sold but when switched on the heat from the battery was obviously affecting it and you could then press down on the left hand corner and it would creak, the whole top bit felt like it was going to pop out.....quite annoying. In addition, looking at the screen from even a slight angle and there was a very noticeable blue tint. I really liked the phone bit it's gone back to Amazon and I will look at buying another one from another supplier in case they just have a bad batch

Ignacio Perez

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I am on my second 925 in a week, it reboots itself! Second one doesn't do it as often as I my first one. my first one did it at least 10 times in 4 days, second one at least 5 times in the last 3 days. Is this a manufacturing issue??

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
So has anyone else had the problem that when u try to use some of the preloaded backgrounds for the lock screen it wo let u. Like the one that comes pre loaded, I changed it for a while and when I went to change it back it just backs out to the lockscreen options page without giving me the check mark page. Its happened several times and I've had to turn of my phone for over a minute, a soft reset didn't work. Any solutions or at least people to let me know I not alone!?!

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yup it just happened again and turning off ur phone for at least a minute lets u change to one of the pre installed backgrounds but I shouldn't have to do that!

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I had a problem with my 925 this morning.

I left it charging overnight and when I woke up it was dead, just a black screen. When I pressed the power button there appeared to be a tiny red just beside the camera (proximity sensor) and the top of the phone got very very hot.

After messing about with various button combos if turned on, I seem to have soft reset it after reading about that on here.

Worrying.

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone notice that for music + video hub when ticking "connect with Xbox music" on it does nothing for my music files. It used to work on my Lumia 810.

luiislp

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I got my lumia yesterday and the phone randomly retboot by itself and gets really hot . I changed my connection from lte to 4g and the problem stop. Do you guys think i can replace my phone ? (Tmobile America)

Eric Wu

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
My phone got really hot during its first charge. But I was also using it at the same time. Since I got it Friday and finally let it fully charge, it doesn't get hot anymore. Of course, now that it's all set up, I'm not using it as often while it's charging.

Just got my phone this morning. and after half hour playing around, immediately noticed that it gets really hot on the side of the top right corner. I put the phone to my ear and it's hot, not burning hot, but hot and very uncomfortable. also, after the full charge, the phone says I have 9 hours left.

anyone finds solution to this yet? I am going to hard reset and see that will solve the problem. I got nothing installed yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)