Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
So I bought two Nokia 925's. Having used iPhones for many years I decided to try a windows phone since I was curious and the price was very good. My wife likes her 925 and it seems to work as intended, however my 925 had some issues. The back top left back cover was a bit loose and this I could still forgive somewhat, but the earpiece speaker was faulty and would cause distortion with any volume above a whisper. I am now waiting for a replacement.

So my final verdict? It's ok for the price but nowhere close to Apples build quality. Let me list a few reasons why:
1. The machine process used in manufacturing is inferior, just look at the sim tray, its nowhere close to flush with the aluminium. Not to mention the fact that I had to send a phone back for the first time since I started using iPhones.
2. Placing 2 925's next to each other would reveal that they look the same of course but it ends there. Things like button resistance and feel differ. The back lighting for the capacitive buttons aren't the same either. Even battery power seems to differ running the same OS version with the same apps and exact same usage. In the battery test my 925 outlasted my wifes by a good amount.
3. Even the vibrating sound/feel is distinctly different with these 2 925's

So how can 2 925's bought at exactly the same time differ in so many areas? The answer is that they were manufactured using different parts at different times (unlikely since the 925 is relatively new to market) or more likely the manufacturing process used is not as precise.

I like the idea of Win phone 8 and will keep the device for the next year or 2 (if they can provide me one that works as expected). Microsoft is throwing a lot of money at it and I won't bet against them, but the hardware build quality must improve! Hopefully MS can start to challenge Apple now that they bought Nokia's smartphone division.

If you read this and you are an iPhone user don't trust the reviews saying the 925 has superb build quality. Is it good? I would say yes but not close to an iPhone.

Yeah I completely agree with this guy.

I went through FOUR lumia 925's....only because aside from the build issues I thought it was by far the best looking phone out there. I also love windows phone 8 regardless of the app availability and development support compared to iPhone/android etc.

djmuzi

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
a iPhone is an iPhone.... You should compare the 925 with everything else but not with a perfect device like the iPhone :)I'm a big Nokia fan but using the iPhone 5 and the 925 there are 2 different worlds IHO :)

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
a iPhone is an iPhone.... You should compare the 925 with everything else but not with a perfect device like the iPhone :)I'm a big Nokia fan but using the iPhone 5 and the 925 there are 2 different worlds IHO :)

Using, or admiring, two very different things.

nos9

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting this weird skipping/stuttering during music playback. It happens using wired headphones and my Bluetooth headphones. I know the songs aren't corrupted cause they play fine on my pc and on my old Dell Venue Pro. Is this a known WP8 issue or just a defect with my phone? Has anyone else experienced it?

Pavel Gotze

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Thats really annoying, this morning no alarm started, checking the phone and its frozen again, black screen,but in dark i can see, whole LCD is kind a lightning in dark gray. Power button with no response. Only combination VOLUME DOWN+POWER helped to start the phone. What can we do with this. I like this device, but this is really something unreliable, thats serious issue.

Christo Mastoroudes

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Got my replacement 925 this morning. Although technically working fine this time, there are some issues. The volume down button is so mushy that sometimes it doesn't work properly. The top back panel is loose on the left and right sides this time (last time it was just the top left). I am not happy but think I will just keep it since I'm not sure the replacement will be any better -_-

I'm glad MS bought Nokia, they need some serious help with manufacturing quality.

justinhopaolo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Anybody experience slight ghosting, especially on white text
When you swipe left or right from the homescreen? And sometimes I see a screen refresh line for a split second when in multitasking menu. Are these normal?

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Also when mobile data is on the phone gets really really hot. And battery drain is 20%. I got,the phone today.

Could be an app causing it or data connection is weak. Haven't had 20% drain though. Mine hovers on the 3-5 even with data

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

justinhopaolo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Could be an app causing it or data connection is weak. Haven't had 20% drain though. Mine hovers on the 3-5 even with data

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

maybe because my sim is only,3g?

What about the ghosting on,white text when scrolling sideways? It's like the text isn't scrolling smoothly as if it was not rendered well. Is it normal? I have 3 days to exchange my phone

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
maybe because my sim is only,3g?

What about the ghosting on,white text when scrolling sideways? It's like the text isn't scrolling smoothly as if it was not rendered well. Is it normal? I have 3 days to exchange my phone

That's because of the AMOLED screen as I'm led to believe in the previous few reviews...

justinhopaolo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody else experience this ghosting- like effect when scrolling sideways specially on white text? It looks as if the whites are in a state of being a static then quickly becomes clear??.

Also, I have black,blotches in top and,left side of,the screen,when the screen is showing black colors only but it is undecipherable once some color kick in.

Please tell me if this ain't normal so I,can replace this,phone if it's defective.

justinhopaolo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody else experience this ghosting- like effect when scrolling sideways specially on white text? It looks as if the whites are in a state of being a static then quickly becomes clear??.

Also, I have black,blotches in top and,left side of,the screen,when the screen is showing black colors only but it is undecipherable once some color kick in.

Please tell me if this ain't normal so I,can replace this,phone if it's defective.

best way to,describe the scrolling is the texts look like they're warped. Is this normal with out amoled,screen?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans