Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
This is because in the portrait mode WP emulates an "ordinary" calculator capable of only one calculation at a time, while in landscape mode you have a scientific one which obeys the laws of calculation orders.

Quite convenient I'd say.

Ok, I just checked it and I'm quite confused. When I wrote about this "bug" I could enter the whole calculation (like: 3+3x10). Now it performs the calculation step by step during input (like: 3+3=6 x10), so this problem doesn't even occur.

Comparison: left=before / right=after
WP_20131211_18_47_00_Pro.jpgwp_ss_20131211_0001.png

J2theL101

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I've been having crazy overnight battery drain that I believe is caused by signal strength or one of the OS's stuck processes. It's been happening since December 6 and I've had the phone since October 3. Help! It use to last overnight but surprisingly it drains A LOT MORE on STANDBY than when I play games or use Skype.

J2theL101

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest a soft reset and failing that a hard reset.

It's still draining abnormally when the screen is locked or when the phone is off. I don't really know why. What I do to remedy the situation is to always prevent the phone from going to lockscreen manually because I don't have that option to turn the lockscreen off.

badhus

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Joined the forum since i have a problem, and i can't find a thread with where anyone has the same problem.

My Wifi will allways within 30m of use stop working. Turning off the wifi at this point is not possible since the switch turns grey. I restart the phone, try to turn on wifi again but the switch just turns grey. Sometimes it gets stuck searching for available networks. Ususally it doesn't even get there before turning grey. I have noticed that when this happens, bluetooth does the same, it gets stuck in off mode. I have to restart the phone about 5-10 times before wifi and bluetooth start working, for a max of 30 minutes before failing again.

I have tried the soft reset. Doesn't make a difference..

Any ideas how to solve this. Will a hard reset do it???

kaykay84

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I have a lumia 925. Got it today.

I have a problem. I am trying to access Nokia Pro Cam. I dont have any password set.. but it still asks me for password. Can any one please guide me?

I tried resetting the phone .. it still doesnt work.

Tried searching all over the internet.. couldnt find it.

Thanks
Kris

kaykay84

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok I figured it out.. Nokia Pro Cam has been replaced by Nokia Camera.. I updated from the store and it works absolutely fine now :)

Thank you

zinksilver

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, I think I'm a bit paranoid (I'm actually ocd) with stuff, but this time it's not paranoia.
My Lumia 925 is kind of bent? It's not straight, by laying flat on a table, face-down, you can see that the top doesn't lay on the table for some mili-something-meters and if you look at it from a sideways perspective, it looks curved, not straight.

Is this normal? I never sitted on it, it's always with the Wireless Charging Shell and always inside a protective case. I have it for 2+ months now, I think. What do I do?

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, I think I'm a bit paranoid (I'm actually ocd) with stuff, but this time it's not paranoia.
My Lumia 925 is kind of bent? It's not straight, by laying flat on a table, face-down, you can see that the top doesn't lay on the table for some mili-something-meters and if you look at it from a sideways perspective, it looks curved, not straight.

Is this normal? I never sitted on it, it's always with the Wireless Charging Shell and always inside a protective case. I have it for 2+ months now, I think. What do I do?

Yes, this is normal with the 925 since the camera stands out of the backside, so it never lies flat on a surface.
Also it seems to be slightely curved on the top and bottom. The curved look from the side may occur because of the flapsy backcover of the 925. Nothing to worry, that's normal.
Nokia-Lumia-925-corner-angle.jpg

zinksilver

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
What I meant is that is doesn't lay flat FACE DOWN. (the screen on the table, the back cover being visible).
It's curved, like a milimeter or two, but curved like a parentheses sign:

) ---> it's not as curved as that, of course, but the screen is the right side of the parentheses, the back cover/camera/etc is the left side of it.
Is that *still* normal?

Koki.v3

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having real issues with the back cover. The very first 925 back cover could be pushed in at the top of the device, like many users already reported, it was making clicking and squeaking sounds when pressing on it. Also the power button was flushed in, looked like it was always pressed. So i had it exchanged for a second one, where the exact same issue with the back cover happens, except it can be pushed in different spots. On this second device, the vibration is also very very noisy, completely different from the first one. It feels different too. I'm on my way to get my money back and try to buy it from a different retailer, hoping all these annoyances will be gone but if there is something wrong with it again, I'm afraid I'll have to choose a different phone.

EDIT: 3rd device and again, exactly same issue with the back cover, when I swipe my thumb from the right of the camera outwards, to the edge with no buttons, it makes a loud click as something snaps into place, but as I let go, the cover slightly pops up again, it's not flushed into the metal body properly, going to have to go to that store again and get the money back, for the second time now, I give up on Lumia 925...

Last edited:

Sureshr

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I happened to notice a bug in my NL925 (not sure if its a WP bug or device specific)

I have eight rows (with one medium tile in each row) in my start screen. Now when I try to pin a medium tile as the ninth row in my start screen, the live info of the medium tile in the first row gets lost when I scroll completely down and then scroll up to view it.

Has anyone noticed this?

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
What I meant is that is doesn't lay flat FACE DOWN. (the screen on the table, the back cover being visible).
It's curved, like a milimeter or two, but curved like a parentheses sign:

) ---> it's not as curved as that, of course, but the screen is the right side of the parentheses, the back cover/camera/etc is the left side of it.
Is that *still* normal?

Ah, sorry, my bad for misunderstanding.
Yes, the display is not plain, but slightly curved. It seems this is a wanted design"feature" so the screen and frame will blend into each other without an edge.
Many reviews point that out as a search with Google shows: lumia 925 curved glass

@Koki.v3
This issue with the backcover occurs on every Lumia 925 (some more, some less; also btw, this occurs on the Kindle 4th gen too). The 3 options are: 1) get used to it, 2) get a case (i.e. Terrapin Hybrid Rubberized case) or 3) get a different phone.
I dealt with it by getting 2 cases (so I can switch colors) and don't have to worry about it anymore.
I know, I know....if Nokia didn't f*ck up this part, we wouldN#t have to think about workarounds....

Last edited:

Koki.v3

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
@QwarkDreams: I don't think it's present on every 925, since some people reported that after replacing it, they don't have any of these issues anymore. I guess I'm just unlucky to always get one where it's so bad, the cover makes creaking and clicking sounds and for a new phone that's unacceptable. I don't want to make compromises by getting a cover for it, I've never used a cover for any of my phones and I don't intend to start now. Such a shame, because I really like the look of the white 925 and now I'm going to have to wait either for Nokia to come up with something new or for the price of 1020 to drop. Too expensive for me at the moment.

juanchar

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm having an issue with the signal or the connection to internet or both. My phone shows the coverage bars "well", with the "3G" or the "H" or "H+", but the phone doesn't connect to internet. The only way to fix it is restart the phone, but after a time the problem start again. Someone else with this issue and how to fix it for good?

shaz567

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
i brought lumia 925 on 1st of Jan. I like almost everything about it. But i found it annoying that each time i minimizes nimbuz, its getting disconnected and sometimes while using it .
And also in uc browser v3.3, in that i'm not able to find an option to export the downloaded video to video hub. How can i solve these problems ??

thanx in advance

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
And also in uc browser v3.3, in that i'm not able to find an option to export the downloaded video to video hub. How can i solve these problems ??

thanx in advance

As far as i know you can't move files on your WP device, you to hook it up to a computer. But I'm not sure if you can see/access files you downloaded through apps (except pictures). I downloaded a video myTube and I couldn't find it with the Windows Explorer. Seems like MS needs to unlock the APIs necessary for that.

HyperionR

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I took off the charger at 100% and when i check my phone 50' later it was at 75%! Wi-fi,nfc etc were disabled.
I did a soft reset and gone back to 100%.
This is bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss