Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

hgredo

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, found this forums looking for people with the same issues im having. These are mine:

1) overheating issue right of the camera module. Not warm, hot. It gets hot even when not running apps in the back, just lying in the table.

2) creaking, clicking noise,in the plastic back. (the worst for me) . I get reminded the cheap phone I bought everytime I pick it up and hear those sounds coming from the back (they are that loud)

3) raised glass in top right cornet. If i push it a little it gets flush with the bezel for a while. But pops out again after a short time.

4) very poor battery life. No bt, no 3g, minimum apps allowed in the bg. I have to plug this thing twice a day.

5) poor reception. In or out, 2g or 3g, 4 bars max, sometimes no signal at all, when with my other phones I got at least 3.

i think there may be other issues bothering me but these are the ones bugging me the most.

hardware revision: 1.0.0.0 ( shocker!)

ptfuzi

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
my 925 is always crashing.. i already changed roms, change back to original one. hard reset, soft reset, no extra apps installed.
it just crashes, when navigating the menus, when is locked.

should i downgrade version? since it came with last version maybe some bug.

Kiran Shivalingaiah

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
i have a peculiar problem with Lumia 925.
Everytime i switch over from wifi to 3g connection, all my emails including calendar gets re-synch while switching back to wifi doesn't.
Thoughts?

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
How can i tell what update my 925 is running because Im not sure what Im on since i reset the phone that had the black update but now nothing is showing to notify me what Im running :-\

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys

I dont know if this is a real problem but I guess it is so. My previous phone was Lumia 800. Now I got new Lumia925 but I noticed it does not register swipes sometimes. Its really hard to explain, I would rather show you (will try to take it on video). It happens when I use "back" button or unlock the phone and I immediately want to swipe display fast. It does not register that swipe. I must wait one second, second a half before I can swipe. Its really annoying and I cant believe that this phone requires such slow reaction when my Lumia 800 never done this before. Any help?

Here is a video of my problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ2IJ6aqrFI (notice the start, 0:27 and 0:49)
second one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErS_PtscLNk

Last edited:

nadroj915

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 925 since about August of 2013. I love my phone. Everything works great on it. I have no software issues, and for the most part - no hardware issues. That being said, I have noticed within the last week or two - the gorilla glass is starting to pop out in the upper left corner of my device and slightly all across the top. At times there is enough separation that I an actually fit my finger nail under the glass. I can press firmly on the glass and push it back down into place, and it will stay that way for just a short time before it starts lifting again. There is nothing wrong with my display as far as touch sensitivity, pixels, etc. It is not cracked or scratched. I'm just annoyed that it seems to be coming unglued (if that's the correct term).

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 925 since about August of 2013. I love my phone. Everything works great on it. I have no software issues, and for the most part - no hardware issues. That being said, I have noticed within the last week or two - the gorilla glass is starting to pop out in the upper left corner of my device and slightly all across the top. At times there is enough separation that I an actually fit my finger nail under the glass. I can press firmly on the glass and push it back down into place, and it will stay that way for just a short time before it starts lifting again. There is nothing wrong with my display as far as touch sensitivity, pixels, etc. It is not cracked or scratched. I'm just annoyed that it seems to be coming unglued (if that's the correct term).

I would go back to your mobile provider and do a warranty exchange for it, like when it pops out show them

kubics

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys

I dont know if this is a real problem but I guess it is so. My previous phone was Lumia 800. Now I got new Lumia925 but I noticed it does not register swipes sometimes. Its really hard to explain, I would rather show you (will try to take it on video). It happens when I use "back" button or unlock the phone and I immediately want to swipe display fast. It does not register that swipe. I must wait one second, second a half before I can swipe. Its really annoying and I cant believe that this phone requires such slow reaction when my Lumia 800 never done this before. Any help?

Here is a video of my problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ2IJ6aqrFI (notice the start, 0:27 and 0:49)
second one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErS_PtscLNk

Hi. I tried to reproduce your issue on my 925 and for sure I do not have such lag/delay. But I have no idea what could be the problem in your case...

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
It almost looks like he is not touching the phones screen for the first swipe.

It may looks like that because of distance I was filming but its surely not like that. Today I replaced my phone for new one and the new one has the same bug. I am really desperate now. Interesting that no such thing about it on internet though.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Nokia changed my 920 (defects) for a new 925, I'm loving it and it does seem a little better from the 920, although it has 16gb..

Well, Lumia 925 seems to be more affective to that ''green'' hue on photos, they're sharper than the 920, but photos indoors are affected pretty much by this green hue, more than the 920, as well as taking photo with flash, seems to be more vunerable to this problem as well..

I wish nokia/microsoft fix this in the wp8.1, it's annoying to see such a great camera being ''destroyed'' by bad algorithms, this hue is really boring..

EDIT: although the blacks are AWESOME and significantly better than the 920, white is not like that, viewing angles on white kind shows a green hue, side effects of amoled screen.. well, despite the camera's algorithms, great phone ;)

Last edited:

HyperionR

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Nokia changed my 920 (defects) for a new 925, I'm loving it and it does seem a little better from the 920, although it has 16gb..

Well, Lumia 925 seems to be more affective to that ''green'' hue on photos, they're sharper than the 920, but photos indoors are affected pretty much by this green hue, more than the 920, as well as taking photo with flash, seems to be more vunerable to this problem as well..

I wish nokia/microsoft fix this in the wp8.1, it's annoying to see such a great camera being ''destroyed'' by bad algorithms, this hue is really boring..

EDIT: although the blacks are AWESOME and significantly better than the 920, white is not like that, viewing angles on white kind shows a green hue, side effects of amoled screen.. well, despite the camera's algorithms, great phone ;)

How long did you own lumia 920?

nadroj915

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I would go back to your mobile provider and do a warranty exchange for it, like when it pops out show them

I took it in to an authorized Nokia Care centre, and they repaired my device. They replaced the entire glass and aluminum frame, while keeping the internal components. One of the reps was able to show me a very tiny dent in the top left corner of the aluminum frame, possibly from dropping the phone, which apparently was not allowing the glass to fit flush with the edges. Anyway, I'm happy it's fixed.

HyperionR

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I took it in to an authorized Nokia Care centre, and they repaired my device. They replaced the entire glass and aluminum frame, while keeping the internal components. One of the reps was able to show me a very tiny dent in the top left corner of the aluminum frame, possibly from dropping the phone, which apparently was not allowing the glass to fit flush with the edges. Anyway, I'm happy it's fixed.

Did they tell you if they replaced the battery? As far as i know if you remove the battery from lumia 925 you have to use other.

Epicgato

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, I have a problem with my Lumina 925. I had it for a month or so and the battery doesn't seems to be charging at all I took it to ask for the warranty and they told me was a "Software issue" apparently all I have to do is reset my phone to fabric settings. This is the second time it happens and is getting annoying having to reset my phone every 2 weeks or so.

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem? thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077