Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Actually you can not :) Using the volume keys, it will only get to "vibrate only", not "silent". However the main issue is that there is no such thing as profile, which could be easily set in one click, directly from the main screen.

As far as IOS and android is concerned, I could see similar problems there too (eg. file handling), so I'd rather consider going back to a symbian big-screen (even though I know it's a dead-end)... :-(

Okay so since when has vibrate only not been silent?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if they're also having issues with Whatsapp?? Mine seems to take forever to load sometimes (ok maybe two min lol) and it crashes.. This usually happens when i get a message from someone with whom i interact a lot and try to open it.. Whatsapp crashes, but then it opens when i try again? so i'm assuming this is a loading problem?? I haven't brought this up in the W'app forum, because i wanted to know if it is just a 925 problem or a general problem.. Anyone?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if they're also having issues with Whatsapp?? Mine seems to take forever to load sometimes (ok maybe two min lol) and it crashes.. This usually happens when i get a message from someone with whom i interact a lot and try to open it.. Whatsapp crashes, but then it opens when i try again? so i'm assuming this is a loading problem?? I haven't brought this up in the W'app forum, because i wanted to know if it is just a 925 problem or a general problem.. Anyone?

Delete the app and then download it again, you will lose your messages but it's worth a try. I was having the same problem but it is okay now, touch wood.

kvcsfrnc

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Just disable the vibration

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

The point I'm trying to make is that you have to go into the settings/audio to do that instead of simply clicking on the "lower volume" button or the icon on the main screen once it's in vibrate mode. I suggest to alter this behaviour and/or get the profiles back. :)

20Recoba

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I just bought the 925 about 4 days ago, upgrading from a 720. Here are my list of observations for my unit:

1. Back arrow capacitive key is not evenly lit up. Right-half of the "←" key seems a bit dimmer. But this is nothing major since the key works fine. Just an annoyance.

Similar problem here. I've bought mine 2 days ago. I have a speckle (1mm size) at the right half of back arrow. Overall, back arrow button looks smudgy. It's pretty annoying to notice this, after you spent 300? for this device. Home button is a bit yellowish. Only Search button is bright and it looks fine. I've also noticed a gap on the back cover, and as I read on this thread, it's Nokia's "hardware feature". :winktongue:
Other problems didn't found. I've updated my phone to Black firmware and done hard reset after firmware upgrade. My hardware revision is 0.5.0.1, and Mfg date 10.08.2556. My phone is for Thailand market. Manufacturer Name is RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219.

Should I return my phone to store where I bought it because of this issue? Anyone else with similar/same problems?

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Should I return my phone to store where I bought it because of this issue? Anyone else with similar/same problems?
I would check to see if Nokia will replace it if you have a service center nearby. One reason being if Simply Wireless is getting down to the dregs (open box returns, etc), you might have a better chance of getting a pristine phone from Nokia than from SW.

HyperionR

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Similar problem here. I've bought mine 2 days ago. I have a speckle (1mm size) at the right half of back arrow. Overall, back arrow button looks smudgy. It's pretty annoying to notice this, after you spent 300? for this device. Home button is a bit yellowish. Only Search button is bright and it looks fine. I've also noticed a gap on the back cover, and as I read on this thread, it's Nokia's "hardware feature". :winktongue:
Other problems didn't found. I've updated my phone to Black firmware and done hard reset after firmware upgrade. My hardware revision is 0.5.0.1, and Mfg date 10.08.2556. My phone is for Thailand market. Manufacturer Name is RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219.

Three lumias 925 i owned had the same problem. I think it's common problem(?) for the most 925.

Edit. I'm referring to capacitive buttons.

anon(8730639)

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
My problem is with my bluetooth headset. Usually, you can pair your headset to your phone once and then just tap to connect every time you want to use it. For some reason, I need to delete my headset from my paired devices list and pair it again every time I want to use it (because I turn it off when I'm done). Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My problem is with my bluetooth headset. Usually, you can pair your headset to your phone once and then just tap to connect every time you want to use it. For some reason, I need to delete my headset from my paired devices list and pair it again every time I want to use it (because I turn it off when I'm done). Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Do you mean you turn Bluetooth on your phone off in between using it? If so just leave it on all the time, it only really uses battery when it is connected to a device.

anon(8730639)

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean you turn Bluetooth on your phone off in between using it? If so just leave it on all the time, it only really uses battery when it is connected to a device.

No, bluetooth is always on. I turn off the bluetooth headset itself (not bluetooth on the phone) once I'm done using it and the only way to connect the headset again is to pair it to the phone again (I can't just tap on the headset in the bluetooth settings page to connect it, I need to delete it from my bluetooth devices list and pair it again). It's time consuming and annoying.

balaji kn

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm using L925 recently i got an issue in payment method
Through my debit card i had already done some app purchases but now it's not showing my existing card
Also when do we get WP8.1 on our L925

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm using L925 recently i got an issue in payment method
Through my debit card i had already done some app purchases but now it's not showing my existing card
Also when do we get WP8.1 on our L925

Have you seriously not read a single of the articles that tells you how everyone can get it through developer preview.........like theres been so many article!

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you seriously have to ask that question to know the answer? ;)

I respect you for that response......you first have to register with appstudio....just Bing "windows app studio" and log in, then download preview for developers and run the app then check for updates via settings.... Them you can start the download should be sold explanatory after that!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb