Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I figured I might as well drop into this thread to post, although I have only noticed two issues with my 925... Every so often, I'll notice the screen flickering, not when I'm on the home screen but while I'm using an app. The other issue is that the screen sometimes goes very dark, even when the battery isn't 20% or lower. Not huge issues, though.

Nagarajan Cena

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
And my system storage keeps on increasing..... It was around 2.97 Gb yesterday but today its 3.03 Gb.... No effects even after deleting temporary files....

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Installed WP8.1 on my L920, and liked it much better than 8.0 (I had switched to back to iPhone and kept the 920 in a drawer, because I couldn't stand the lack of notifications in WP)

Unfortunately the 920 is quite heavy and massive, so I just got myself a 925.

It's nice and light and has an even better screen than the 920 but........ it overheats to a point that the phone is not warm, but HOT!!! Just like the 920 has always been doing.

So what, is Nokia unable to make phones that don't over heat? :(

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Installed WP8.1 on my L920, and liked it much better than 8.0 (I had switched to back to iPhone and kept the 920 in a drawer, because I couldn't stand the lack of notifications in WP)

Unfortunately the 920 is quite heavy and massive, so I just got myself a 925.

It's nice and light and has an even better screen than the 920 but........ it overheats to a point that the phone is not warm, but HOT!!! Just like the 920 has always been doing.

So what, is Nokia unable to make phones that don't over heat? :(

When I first got my 925 it used to over great but maybe only for the first couple of days so maybe it busy had to warm up to the user (no pun intended) cuz it stopped since then!

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I hope that you are right!

At least this time I did not make the mistake to buy the devise in Russia (unlike my 920), a country in which "customer service" does not exist in the dictionary... So if the 925 is defective, I won't have any problem sending it back.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I was doing some speed tests and noticed something that could be a problem or could be some clever programming.

While my 925 gets good LTE bars in my area, it usually shows bars with no designation after them when I'm at home. I always assumed that was due to obstructions or heavy loads.

When I did the speed tests specifying 3G/4G preferred, the history labeled the test as over WiFi.

Then I noticed that whenever I turned WiFi off in the phone, I immediately had bars suffixed with LTE and if I turned WiFi back on, the LTE immediately disappeared.

Does anyone know if this is from the phone's WiFi transmitter interfering with the phone's LTE communications?

Or is it some battery saving strategy to turn LTE off when there is a good WiFi connection and the phone set to prefer WiFi?

Or none of the above, in which case why does it do this?

Davulsukur

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Just flicked my camera on for the first time since 8.1 update and now its gone strange. The image is basically pitch black, even tho I am in a well lit room.
Its picks up light from the tv/laptop but everything else is black.

Any ideas?

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had instances in which coming off a WiFi hotspot did not successfully fall back to T-Mobile until I do something drastic like toggle airplane mode, or more commonly, reboot the phone.

Don't know why...

I'll note that the problem was evident on GDR2 and GDR3. Haven't really used my 925 much since 8.1.

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
About 2 weeks with the L925 now, and the overheating keeps happening. As soon as I start using Whatsapp or FB Messenger for a few minutes, the top of the phone gets really hot.

Battery life is ok........ when you don't use the above mentioned apps. As soon as I use them, battery discharge rate gets up to 35% per hour!!

My L920 was acting similarly. I'm starting to think this is an OS issue and not a hardware issue....

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
About 2 weeks with the L925 now, and the overheating keeps happening. As soon as I start using Whatsapp or FB Messenger for a few minutes, the top of the phone gets really hot.

Battery life is ok........ when you don't use the above mentioned apps. As soon as I use them, battery discharge rate gets up to 35% per hour!!

My L920 was acting similarly. I'm starting to think this is an OS issue and not a hardware issue....

Are you on 8.1? If you are then hard reset and don't restore from backup.

megax

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with the battery percentage being wrong ? I've had I it fully charged 100% turned off and turned back on immediately and reads 83% upon startup

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I got myself a new Lumia 925 as well after having destroyed my Lumia 820's screen beyond repairing. I have an issue though, updates for apps are not shown in the WP store, I always have to manually check for any app updates. I haven't found out what causes this issue, or how to solve this problem. Anybody got any tips or similar experiences?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte