Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

L925

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I got myself a new Lumia 925 as well after having destroyed my Lumia 820's screen beyond repairing. I have an issue though, updates for apps are not shown in the WP store, I always have to manually check for any app updates. I haven't found out what causes this issue, or how to solve this problem. Anybody got any tips or similar experiences?
I have the same problem

bigsee

May 1, 2014
Visit site
The app shows it has update when you open it. Or. Go into the store and on the starting screen are the number of updates - if available.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The app shows it has update when you open it. Or. Go into the store and on the starting screen are the number of updates - if available.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mobile Nations mobile app

That exactly is my issue...I am not notified that the app has an update, not when opening an app, nor on the live tile of the wpstore or even when opening the store...i have to manually check everytime.

wpcentralacc

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
The Lumia 925 is a great phone overall. However, the fact that after you take a picture and it becomes soft and not as sharp as well as color changes when using flash (tends to make the scene green), can be very annoying.

kasmol

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
I have a problem. First of all my L925 overheats too many times, not just playing games..and then when it is overheated and I scroll every page of every app, brightness changes automatically. I have no auto-brightness and my phone has full charge.

Do you think it is defective?

Thanks

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about the brightness, but the phone definitely heats up when gaming...but I had the same issue on my lumia 820 and read about it in other forums too.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Got strange bug. I've done ew vids and photos over the weekend. Videos were quite big (1.3Gb; 850Mb; 450Mb). Then I wanted to upload all to OneDrive. All the photos passed through, but videos took extremely long time, so I ended the app.
Then, I normally re-rendered on my PC and uploaded via IE.

Now, even after I deleted all those photos and videos from my phone's photo hub, so they are not present on the phone any longer, I have significant decrease of phone memoery. There is ~4Gb less space than what I had before the videos and photos were taken.

Now, when looking into phone memory, it is OneDrive, taking 4,27Gb of the space. Detailed overview after pressing the OneDrive app in the list:
Total: 4,27 GB
Installation: 9,70 MB
Data: 4,27GB

Another thing is, the system size is now showing as 6,77GB, but it is quite clear, that it contains also those about 4,2GB, that is taken by OneDrive.

I don't know if the file upload got stucked somehow? Why the hell such huge increase in space occupied by the System?

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
OK, so it got back to normal. After several hours all the files were apparently left of the system and OneDrive, so it got me back to ussual ~10GB freesize and about 2.5GB of the System size.

I think that the issue was caused by the fact, that those huge video files I tried to upload to OneDrive hanged in the cache memory for quite long tiome even after I physically deleted them from my phone. It got back to normal after few restarts I done durin gthe afternoon. Glad it's solved, now.

Davulsukur

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I leave my phone on overnight and for the last 2 mornings when I have started to use my 925, the first app I try and open (today it was whatsapp and yesterday it was Facebook) it says resuming and the app doesn't open. Then after I hit the windows button to get back to my start screen, I can do nothing. The start screen is displayed, the three buttons on the bottom of the phone do not work (or vibrate) and any tile I press "presses" but doesn't open the app. All I can do is scroll up and down or see my apps list until I do a soft reset.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if its a bug or factory defect but I have tried all (based on forums and others) but still my battery drains very quickly and my phone overheats when using Internet Explorer. I have upgraded my phone to Win8.1. Now I'm thinking of going back to WP8 (Black update) but I know Amber update is getting near so its a hard decision for me.

Amran Nagal

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay so when I connect my phone to my car via Bluetooth and play music after some time the music becomes distorted I have to end up restarting the songs.
Its not a car issue have checked it with other phones, anyone has a fix?

KentuckyHouse

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Is this normal? LOL.

a5a9eses.jpg

u7epu9u6.jpg

My 925 is a backup device running 8.1. I hadn't messed with it in about 3 weeks (it was powered off with 97% battery remaining). I turned it on and started messing with it and after about 5 minutes, the screen started to do this. No amount of rebooting or even a hard reset has fixed it. Is the screen just shot? Anyone seen this before?

Sent from my Developer Edition M8

fivehavefallen

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this normal? LOL.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/09/a5a9eses.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/09/u7epu9u6.jpg

My 925 is a backup device running 8.1. I hadn't messed with it in about 3 weeks (it was powered off with 97% battery remaining). I turned it on and started messing with it and after about 5 minutes, the screen started to do this. No amount of rebooting or even a hard reset has fixed it. Is the screen just shot? Anyone seen this before?

Yes I've seen this a few times on my 925w/8.1 except it covers the whole screen not half. Somehow I got it to shut down (hold power button and slide finger down) even though the screen was not readable and when I rebooted it it was ok. Don't know.

MrPovilas

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Is this normal? LOL.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/09/a5a9eses.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/09/u7epu9u6.jpg

Looks like your screen broken? :? If soft or hard reset wont help, problem will be not in OS i think in screen

jay64

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I took delivery of 925 two days ago - wp 8.1 I can find no way to either turn speaker on before making or taking a call (????)
("please hold while I turn the speaker on !!! " ) and no speaker option when calling voicemail at all which renders it useless. Is this an 8.1 shortcoming or Nokia does not do these routine things for some reason. Seniors need these options ! Any ideas welcome.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel