Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Just bought my 925 two days before I updated it to wp 8.1 preview for developers. While charging the phone heats up and even during using camera it heats up alot. Is it normal or is something wrong?
Sent from my RM-892_im_india_216 using Tapatalk

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello all, new here and all that. I've tried searching the net for this problem and skimmed in here, so I apologize if this has been covered already, but finding a direct link to my problem is pretty difficult. Most searches come up with reviews or where to buy the 925.

I've had my Lumia 925 for a little over a month now I think. It's a great improvement from my old Lumia 800. The only issue I have had with my 925 is that ever since I have had it, I have had a few apps give me some audio issues with sound clicks and pops.

When I play Civilization Revolution, everytime I make an action in the game (attack, talk to another civilization, talk to advisors, etc.) I get a loud pop noise in my speaker. It's so loud that I can feel the vibration in my fingers. I've attempted to play with the volume all the way down (muted) and it still happens. I've gone into my audio settings for the game and turned everything down/off and it still does it.

Then I noticed that when I play video files it does the same thing when I skip forward or backwards regardless if it's a stored video on the phone or YouTube, etc. Again, even with all audio turned off/down it still does it.

This popping effect occurs between transitions and not during normal play though. Ex: As soon as the video starts to play at the skipped section it pops and then plays normally. In CivRev, If I attack something, the moment it switches to the combat scene and plays the background music/fight sounds, it pops and then plays normal. As soon as the battle is complete, it pops again with the regular music. If an advisor annoyingly decides they want to talk to me, POP!.... any transition in the game produces the popping noise.... Which is almost every action you take in the game.

I am currently on Windows Phone 8.1 dev, and it has been happening in both 8 & 8.1. (never happened on my Lumia 800 - 7.8)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have stopped playing CivRev as I'm worried I may damage the speakers with those loud pops and I can't check stuff on YouTube, etc. Late at night while the misses sleeps as those pops are full on.

luke_parker_88

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I have an issue with my Lumia 925 on 8.1 in that my audio recording capabilities seemed to have stopped working? I can hold a conversation fine on the phone as in people can hear me so it doesn't appear to be an issue with the mouth piece. However upon using apps such as '6snap' or 'Voice Recorder PRO+' the playback proves it's catching no audio going in to the phone?

Can anyone help please?

Cheers, Luke.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried recording a video to see if it has audio? If not than that might suggest an OS issue, otherwise it may lean towards an issue with 3rd party apps. If that's the case, maybe try reinstalling the apps then reboot the phone to make sure everything is figured out by the OS.

electrozity8

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Just had this happen to my 925. I was sitting there watching a video on youtube, while I was still watching the video I went into portrait orientation and hit the back button since the video was almost over. This caused the device to freeze up. I tried hitting the lock since that usually fixed these kinds of things on my 521, and this happened. Luckily I had my 521 on hand and was able to snap a picture of the issue.
WP_20140312_21_33_52_Pro.jpg
I've had the device for only a couple of months and it's been running smooth until now.

Last edited:

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
With my old Lumia 800 the reset was Volume Up + Shutter + Lock for a couple of seconds. I think the 925 has a slightly different reset though. Still, for my 925 I just had to hold the lock/power button for a long time before it restarted when mine locked up. But try to hold the lock + some combo of the other buttons if that doesn't work.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
With my old Lumia 800 the reset was Volume Up + Shutter + Lock for a couple of seconds. I think the 925 has a slightly different reset though. Still, for my 925 I just had to hold the lock/power button for a long time before it restarted when mine locked up. But try to hold the lock + some combo of the other buttons if that doesn't work.

You talking about hard reset or soft reset? For soft reset you have press volume down key + power key for 15 seconds.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
apumeda2.png

I use skype for maximum 15 mins

About google sync is on manual and i check for mails once a day still battery usage is high!

I use tapatalk more then wpcentral app still wpcentral is top on battery usage.

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 925 gets stuck at blank black screen, randomly?

This is a relatively new Lumia. I got it a few weeks ago, and it's been working perfectly. Updated to 8.1 via dev preview the first day, and all of a sudden today it started almost bricking and the only way to turn it on, is by holding the hard reset buttons...It restarts, that's about it. I have never dropped it, or even gotten it wet. Help, please!

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 925 gets stuck at blank black screen, randomly?

This is a relatively new Lumia. I got it a few weeks ago, and it's been working perfectly. Updated to 8.1 via dev preview the first day, and all of a sudden today it started almost bricking and the only way to turn it on, is by holding the hard reset buttons...It restarts, that's about it. I have never dropped it, or even gotten it wet. Help, please!
Man I'm sorry to read about this. This is precisely what started happening to my 925 after the 3rd DP update. Every thing would work fine then all of the sudden my screen would go black. After about the 4th time in 3 days I thought the phone was bricked. Nothing I did made it come back up. After about 10 minutes the phone suddenly came back on. After this episode I returned it back to 8.0. :-/

anon(8938849)

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

Man I'm sorry to read about this. This is precisely what started happening to my 925 after the 3rd DP update. Every thing would work fine then all of the sudden my screen would go black. After about the 4th time in 3 days I thought the phone was bricked. Nothing I did made it come back up. After about 10 minutes the phone suddenly came back on. After this episode I returned it back to 8.0. :-/

My phone has been having serious issues as well, similar to these. I can't tell if it's because of the 8.1 update because I installed it out of the box when I bought the phone last month. Is there a simple way to go back to 8.0?

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

My phone has been having serious issues as well, similar to these. I can't tell if it's because of the 8.1 update because I installed it out of the box when I bought the phone last month. Is there a simple way to go back to 8.0?

Simple way is use nokia software recovery tool

Dan MacMillan

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

anon(8938849)

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

NZeee

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello all, new here and all that. I've tried searching the net for this problem and skimmed in here, so I apologize if this has been covered already, but finding a direct link to my problem is pretty difficult. Most searches come up with reviews or where to buy the 925.

I've had my Lumia 925 for a little over a month now I think. It's a great improvement from my old Lumia 800. The only issue I have had with my 925 is that ever since I have had it, I have had a few apps give me some audio issues with sound clicks and pops.

When I play Civilization Revolution, everytime I make an action in the game (attack, talk to another civilization, talk to advisors, etc.) I get a loud pop noise in my speaker. It's so loud that I can feel the vibration in my fingers. I've attempted to play with the volume all the way down (muted) and it still happens. I've gone into my audio settings for the game and turned everything down/off and it still does it.

Then I noticed that when I play video files it does the same thing when I skip forward or backwards regardless if it's a stored video on the phone or YouTube, etc. Again, even with all audio turned off/down it still does it.

This popping effect occurs between transitions and not during normal play though. Ex: As soon as the video starts to play at the skipped section it pops and then plays normally. In CivRev, If I attack something, the moment it switches to the combat scene and plays the background music/fight sounds, it pops and then plays normal. As soon as the battle is complete, it pops again with the regular music. If an advisor annoyingly decides they want to talk to me, POP!.... any transition in the game produces the popping noise.... Which is almost every action you take in the game.

I am currently on Windows Phone 8.1 dev, and it has been happening in both 8 & 8.1. (never happened on my Lumia 800 - 7.8)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have stopped playing CivRev as I'm worried I may damage the speakers with those loud pops and I can't check stuff on YouTube, etc. Late at night while the misses sleeps as those pops are full on.

Hi Praxius,
I have the same issue with my L925 since I installed the 8.1 dev preview. I purchased my device in February and I clearly remember that this stupid popping sound was not present at all.
I'm not a big gamer, however I played Bejeweled Live+ a couple of times as a time-killer and it started to make this strange popping on stage transitions and sound effects, right after the 8.1 installation happened.
Youtube - the noise has never appeared in Internet Explorer for me, but it is popping like crazy in myTube app during playback whenever I seek in the video or I change any setting...
I had hopes that this has something to do with the firmware and the version that is fitted to 8.1 will solve it. Since you had the same issue with 8.0 too, I really have no idea what could be the root cause...

anon(8938849)

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I downgraded back to 8.0 in hopes that it would solve the problem, but I wasn't aware just how limited WP 8.0 was. I just bought a new G3 from tmobile today. I really wanted to use WP and ditch stupid Google, but pre 8.1 WP is quite frankly horrid. Even on 8.1 I couldn't leave an app without it stopping it and deleting whatever had been done. But no notification shade, swipe keyboard or Cortana is a deal breaker. Not to mention the older apps id have to use like the terrible pre 8.1 Xbox music. I know some folks don't like the new one but heres the thing, they're wrong. The new Xbox music is superior in virtually every way. But I digress. I'm hoping that by the time it officially rolls out that there won't be as many bugs. For now its back to android unfortunately. And I do mean unfortunately.

thenubcake

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone:

So I got this problem that just happened to me a like a day ago. I was listening to music in bed when all of a sudden the display on my Nokia Lumia 925 became really washed out.

Here is what is should look like:

(screenshot of the phone in action)
wp_ss_20140712_0001.png

While this is what it actually looks like:

V__BFFD.jpg

It's like this with any visual or game. All of it super washed out, and super bright. Before you ask, I didn't mess with any brightness settings or anything of that nature. I put the phone down for 30 minutes as I listen to music and when I pull back up it burned my eyes with this super brightness. I went through everything to see if it changed, nothing. I did several soft resets leading to nothing. I did a hard reset, nothing.

Some interesting things to note is that you see the screenshot of how the phone SHOULD look like? I actually took it while the phone was already all washed out, meaning the phone's software isn't actually adding white to the entire display. The phone sees itself as normal still. This couple with the fact that neither soft nor hard resets had any effect lead me to believe it is a hardware issue. I have actually seen the phone get like this once before, and that was when I was in SUPER bright sunlight, but that was expected as it was adjusting itself to the light. Also, it still auto adjusts the brightness, so it's not that. It's almost like the color scheme is messed up and the display is just adding too much white. I searched google long and hard and came up empty handed. I have no idea what else to do. If I am in the wrong place, feel free to point me where I should go. After hours of searching, this was the only place I felt was half-way suitable to post this problem. I'm going to try calling Nokia on Monday, see if I can get any luck with that. Hopefully I won't have to go to AT&T and mess around with all their charges and stuff. Anyway, I'm open to suggestions, and if you all need anymore information, please let me know.

Thanks,

Shawn

anon(8938849)

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone:

So I got this problem that just happened to me a like a day ago. I was listening to music in bed when all of a sudden the display on my Nokia Lumia 925 became really washed out.

Here is what is should look like:

(screenshot of the phone in action)
View attachment 71811

While this is what it actually looks like:

View attachment 71812

It's like this with any visual or game. All of it super washed out, and super bright. Before you ask, I didn't mess with any brightness settings or anything of that nature. I put the phone down for 30 minutes as I listen to music and when I pull back up it burned my eyes with this super brightness. I went through everything to see if it changed, nothing. I did several soft resets leading to nothing. I did a hard reset, nothing.

Some interesting things to note is that you see the screenshot of how the phone SHOULD look like? I actually took it while the phone was already all washed out, meaning the phone's software isn't actually adding white to the entire display. The phone sees itself as normal still. This couple with the fact that neither soft nor hard resets had any effect lead me to believe it is a hardware issue. I have actually seen the phone get like this once before, and that was when I was in SUPER bright sunlight, but that was expected as it was adjusting itself to the light. Also, it still auto adjusts the brightness, so it's not that. It's almost like the color scheme is messed up and the display is just adding too much white. I searched google long and hard and came up empty handed. I have no idea what else to do. If I am in the wrong place, feel free to point me where I should go. After hours of searching, this was the only place I felt was half-way suitable to post this problem. I'm going to try calling Nokia on Monday, see if I can get any luck with that. Hopefully I won't have to go to AT&T and mess around with all their charges and stuff. Anyway, I'm open to suggestions, and if you all need anymore information, please let me know.

Thanks,

Shawn
Damn. Does sound like it could be hardware but that's strange. Only other thing I could think of that you didn't say you tried is a software reinstall with the Nokia support tool. Buy if it's hardware obviously that won't help. Sorry man.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Praxius,
I have the same issue with my L925 since I installed the 8.1 dev preview. I purchased my device in February and I clearly remember that this stupid popping sound was not present at all.
I'm not a big gamer, however I played Bejeweled Live+ a couple of times as a time-killer and it started to make this strange popping on stage transitions and sound effects, right after the 8.1 installation happened.
Youtube - the noise has never appeared in Internet Explorer for me, but it is popping like crazy in myTube app during playback whenever I seek in the video or I change any setting...
I had hopes that this has something to do with the firmware and the version that is fitted to 8.1 will solve it. Since you had the same issue with 8.0 too, I really have no idea what could be the root cause...

Thanks. At least I'm not crazy :p

All other games are fine and I just stopped playing Civilization, but skipping forward / backwards in any video still causes the problem.

Here's hopping it gets fixed someday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb