Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Freezing Problem with Nokia 925

Sometimes a faulty or mis-inserted SIM will cause freeze ups.
Could be the contacts on the SIM are scratched, need cleaning or the card may have other physical damage.

envsys

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

Sometimes a faulty or mis-inserted SIM will cause freeze ups.
Could be the contacts on the SIM are scratched, need cleaning or the card may have other physical damage.
thanks for the input. I use the card in an old LG when the 925 is gone for "repair". Don't have any problems with the LG.
Could it be the contacts in the 925?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

thanks for the input. I use the card in an old LG when the 925 is gone for "repair". Don't have any problems with the LG.
Could it be the contacts in the 925?
There's a chance I suppose.
Maybe cleaning the gold traces on the card then pulling the card and re-inserting a few times would have a positive effect.

Could also be the LG is a basic phone that wouldn't see certain connection features of the SIM.
You might try turning LTE off on the 925 also and see if that improves things.

Good luck...hope the phone straightens out for you.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

For what it's worth I rarely have any freezing problems on my 925 even with the 8.1DP installed. I see them maybe twice a month but nothing major. I think you just got a defective unit and there are defective units for every single piece of hardware known to man despite the name on them. I suggest trying to get a replacement unit through your carrier or take it to a repair shop.

Niloy1988

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi.. I am a Lumia 925 user and happily using it for the past one year.. Until I got it migrated to wp8.1.. It got hanged most of the time specially in two cases.. One is after I finished up with any call.. Second is while charging.. The problem is the screen becomes unresponsive, neither I can slide it up to unlock the phone not slide it down to shut it off.. I am just not in favour of hard reset, this unusual behaviour got started after the migration.. Please do help me..

Bakedfresh

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Since no one mentioned it I guess it's not a common bug that capacitive buttons won't turn off during battery saving since WP Cyan update? It is annoying if they shine brighter than the display while laying in bed at night.
Hi DSoundso,

I also have this problem, it's quite annoying as I use my phone as an ebook reader in bed... having 3 mini led flashlights shining on to your eyes makes that quite difficult...

Any luck finding a solution?

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that on my 925 Here Drive+ doesn't recognize addresses that it previously did, before I did the 8.1 + Cyan update. It can find the address just fine from Here Drive+ and Here Maps when entered manually, and will give turn by turn directions when you start navigation from there, but will not work when you use the people hub to quickly navigate to an address from a contact. Pops up a dialog that says no address was found.

I've done a soft reset etc, did a full erase and update, not using a backup, everything from scratch.

Edit: After using Nokia software and flashing back to 8.0 and going through the whole upgrade process several times over, it finally works normally.

Last edited:

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
New bugs. I am on wp 8.1 cyan
Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140806_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140806_0001.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 11
  • wp_ss_20140806_0002.png
    wp_ss_20140806_0002.png
    626.6 KB · Views: 12

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: update 8.1

I hate to say it, but my particular 925 has been buggy as all get out with the new update. The wonkiest thing it has going right now is that when I resume from sleep mode, the phone takes about 2-4 seconds to wake and has a screen that just says 'resuming' during that lag period. I already did a full reset, which worked for about 15 minutes before the problem reoccurred, but it did come back. Now I am going to do a full reset and not launch the new lock screen App and see if that makes a difference or not.

Anyone else seeing anything like this on their 925?

925-Resume.jpg

Avradip Sen

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I updated to the Lumia Cyan Upgrade OS Version 8.10.12397.895. The phone is sometimes extremely laggy, but that's still ok. The phone tends to lock up during the resume from sleep. The screen comes on and the lockscreen looks fine, but the touch does not work. The power button toggles the sleep/resume, but the touch does not recover. The only way to recover from that is the soft reset (Vol Dn and Power).
Is there any more info on this bug? Anyone else with the same problem?

Niloy1988

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey I am facing the same problem.. My screen get totally freezes after I complete with any call.. Neither I am able to slide up the screen to unlock it not slide it down to shut it off.. My screen becomes totally unresponsive.. The soft reset you are talking about, will that completely solve the problem.. Because every time when my screen got freezes I have to wait for like 15 minutes.. After that it works fine.. Kindly help someone to solve this problem...

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

What is your lock screen settings? I experienced this once when Skype was running in the background. I did not experience after I removed skype from background and set battery saver to off. Worst case is that it could be a defective unit.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site

Stock lock screen - Skype not installed - Battery Saver didn't make any difference...

I don't think anything is wrong with my 925 as it has been a PERFECT device right up until this last release. Amazing battery life, fluid performance, too the first Dev Release of 8.1 like a champ. I had 8GB of storage open and the new preview installed with zero issues. I just noticed the lag right off the bat and it was the only issue that I had. Unfortunately, it's a pretty horrible thing to wait 5 seconds for your device to unlock.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
New bugs. I am on wp 8.1 cyan
Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk

That's the same problem I had with the 8.1 Developer Preview GDR1... Had to roll back to official 8.0... Does anyone know how many times I should Dev Update to get to the pre GDR1 release? I miss my 3rd row of tiles

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site

I don't have my SIM puller on me to take a photo, but there is a little tiny plastic "pusher" on the SIM card tray. It pushes the SIM card down against the contacts in the slot. If that pusher bends a bit, the card wont make good contact and the SIM may not register clean. Check that before you panic - and make sure the SIM tray isn't damaged as well.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
K...reporting in...

Had the hard freeze one hour ago while surfing images of war in IE-11.
Latest update (GDR-1) of the 8.1 DP here.
The phone has 5.68 gig storage used battery was sitting at 72%
Only app installed in the last day was Bing translator.
Sysapp pusher updated 2 hours before the freeze.
Only way out was a soft reset...

After the reboot the phone was still acting odd.
Almost anything I tapped on from the startscreen crashed back to start or wouldn't respond.
A swype to the app list and opening things from there seemed to wake the phone up.
Live folders started working after tapping things from the list.
I'm seeing IE acting slow to respond now when tapping links or images.
Been fine until this...things were normal yesterday.

Weird...

Avradip Sen

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the Awesome Lock App installed for the lockscreen, but I doubt that it is causing the problem. Others too are facing the same problem without the app. Also, it was working fine in the developer preview for 8.1

luke_parker_88

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Praxius,

yeah it's the same with video doesn't capture the audio at all. I'll try re-installing the apps again and a reboot and will post the result here! Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs