Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

luke_parker_88

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried recording a video to see if it has audio? If not than that might suggest an OS issue, otherwise it may lean towards an issue with 3rd party apps. If that's the case, maybe try reinstalling the apps then reboot the phone to make sure everything is figured out by the OS.

No joy with recording video either. It just won't capture any audio. Have installed the apps and done a reset. No change whatsoever. Anybody else got any ideas?

Avradip Sen

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
The frequency of the lock screen bug seems to have reduced. It's now occurring less than once everyday and I don't mind soft resetting it. Are there any drawbacks to soft resetting your phone frequently (3-4 times a week)?

There is one more bug I need help on, my Location services (Lumia 925, WP8.1 Cyan) are not working properly. When I'm at work or at home it generally detects the location correctly (some glitches sometimes showing that I am 8-10 kms away) but when I use it for navigation, that's when it goes crazy. The phone doesn't catch GPS signals and is not able to help me use the maps to navigate. I've used various different apps (Here Drive, Waze and GMaps+) but none of them allow me to use the navigation feature due to lack of signal. It seems that there may be a problem with the hardware.
I am aware that sometimes phones use cellular towers to triangulate your location, but this problem occurs during navigation even at slow speeds and for long periods of time (full 1 hour car ride I get a proper location for 2-3 minutes).

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: update 8.1

I hate to say it, but my particular 925 has been buggy as all get out with the new update. The wonkiest thing it has going right now is that when I resume from sleep mode, the phone takes about 2-4 seconds to wake and has a screen that just says 'resuming' during that lag period. I already did a full reset, which worked for about 15 minutes before the problem reoccurred, but it did come back. Now I am going to do a full reset and not launch the new lock screen App and see if that makes a difference or not.

Anyone else seeing anything like this on their 925?

View attachment 75459

Uninstall the new lock screen beta app, then activate kids corner, then restart your phone

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Freezing Problem with Nokia 925

I bought a full price, new Nokia 925 in March and had freezing problems early on. I sent it
back to Nokia for repair in May. All they did was reinstall the software, check some specs and
return it to me. It started freezing again and I sent it back in July. Even though I told them
is was the second time being sent back, all they did was reinstall the software, check some
specs and send it back to me.

Well I got my phone back and in the first three days it has frozen eight times. All the "repair" department
did was reinstall the software, checked some specs and sent it back. Took them ten days to do
that. This is the same thing they did the first time I sent the phone in. Did not fix the problem
then, did not fix it now.

I think the 925 is a faulty design. Software wont fix it; the hardware must be changed. Microsoft
bought Nokia but they are not willing to own the problems. Microsoft knows the phone is faulty;
they have stopped selling it, they are still selling the 928, why not the 925. They know it is a
bad design; bad hardware package. So they have stopped selling it; but wont fix those in the field.

Buyer beware on any microsoft phone in the future.

I have a Lumia 925, it only froze once, the phone has an excellent design, and mine works like a charm with dp 8.1 with gdr1, and I don't have cyan yet

Rayoyar

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I seriously don't know whether this has been asked earlier or not, if so, please don't hate me as I'm new to these forums.
I've got my 925 since May and I absolutely love it. There's only one thing I noticed a few weeks ago: when I plug in earpeaces or headphones, I only hear music from the left earpeace/speaker. It has to be a problem with my phone, as I encountered this problem with various earpieces and headphones. Oh, and no, my right ear isn't deaf, because when I switch the earpieces, there's only music coming from the right one :).
I tried to find something in the phone's settings, but I didn't see anything that's related to this. Does anybody know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Depends on your definition of defect but there is a danger of damage to a 925 (and I assume other 92xs if they are basically the same) when using a nano-SIM and adapter.

I replaced my 925 with a 1520.3 which takes a nano-SIM. In order to use the 925 as a backup I needed an adapter. When I went to test the 925 with adapter, the nano-SIM shifted a nano-amount in the adapter as the caddy was being inserted. As soon as there was any resistance, I stopped and pulled the caddy out. I didn't like how that felt, so threw in the micro-SIM from my wife's 635 and the phone reported no SIM.

I took it to a repair shop (Sun Cellular in Phoenix AZ) and they did not expect a good prognosis saying most phones had the SIM unit soldered to a main board and it wasn't likely they would even have one and have to order. But on opening it up, it turned out the SIM unit was a removable component. One of the three "pins" had been bent and another had broken off. They were able to straighten the bent pin and solder an extension onto the broken pin (not sure why they didn't solder on a whole new pin, maybe they didn't have one). The repairs worked and they told me the cost would be $20.

They said its pretty common for a SIM to shift in an adapter and not uncommon then for a pin to get hung up between the SIM and the adapter and get damaged. BTW, they suggested people put a thin piece of double side tape between a back of the SIM and the adapter so it can't slip or get pushed out of position.

Anyway, I don't plan to use an adapter again in any phone that has a caddy such as the 925 or 1520. So instead of the 925, I am making my wife's 635 the family backup phone and she is using the 925 as dally driver. The 635 doesn't use a caddy and if I have to put my nano-SIM and adapter in it, nothing can get hung up where I can't see it happening OR be able to get to the problem area if it did happen.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I seriously don't know whether this has been asked earlier or not, if so, please don't hate me as I'm new to these forums.
I've got my 925 since May and I absolutely love it. There's only one thing I noticed a few weeks ago: when I plug in earpeaces or headphones, I only hear music from the left earpeace/speaker. It has to be a problem with my phone, as I encountered this problem with various earpieces and headphones. Oh, and no, my right ear isn't deaf, because when I switch the earpieces, there's only music coming from the right one :).
I tried to find something in the phone's settings, but I didn't see anything that's related to this. Does anybody know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

That's a bug that's been happening in the 925 (and other phones as I've noticed this problem occurring occasionally on my 810 as well). Reboot the phone and you should be able to hear through both sides again.

GeraldineGR

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Issues with my 925; After initially unplugging from charger battery icon still displays that it is charging, phone's screen tends to go all black with exception that I can still see the icons at the top of the screen and the lock screen is still visible, email is not syncing on its own, I've had only half the start screen load a couple times now, and this has been happening before the 8.1 update. Now that I have the update I've had to hard reset my phone 4 times and have performed multiple soft resets due to software issues. My main issues I've been having with the 8.1 is Cortana either can't connect and my date and time won't stay correct. In addition to my email still not syncing properly. I have contacted Nokia Care and they had me do the Software Recovery which alleviated some initial problems but after a couple days it starts getting buggy again or gives me the blue screen after just turning it off and on again. I've had my lumia for about a year now and before that I had a windows phone so I'm not looking to having to replace. It's really frustrating having to go through and download everything over and over again due to some issues that aren't even getting resolved by the advice given to me from you guys.

Please advise where I should go from here because I would really appreciate my phone just being able to work at all at this point.

Daze507

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I’ve read the whole topic and googled a bit but I've found nothing about an issue I meet:

When I’m using an app that has a Pivot control (es. Twitter), sometimes the screen kind of flickers, as if the content was translated up and down very fast. It seems to happen quite randomly and it did not happen on my L800.
Has anyone else experienced this annoying behavior ?

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
So, I'm sure this has been discussed numerous times but nothing seems to fix it: my 925 has been afflicted with the HORRENOUS yellow-tint post processing, with AND without flash. The picture preview is gorgeous, and the actual picture is tinted and much more blurry. Due to the radical change in quality on the phone itself, I can safely say its not the warm color profile of the screen, and viewing these images on the computer makes it only marginally better. Toying with the White Balance only works very marginally, often times just saturating the picture with a different color ON TOP OF the original tint and blur.

My pictures are virtually unuseable and my Ativ S Neo now takes better pictures. Any solution? Cyan did not solve this like I hoped and it looks like I might just have to live with it.

throt

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey, not sure if the issues have been discussed before but I have experienced some issues after Cyan update (phone worked well before update). So they are actually Cyan issues not the phone.
- Phone totally crashes in standby (6 times in 2 months), even stops charging.
- Car handsfree Nokia CK-15W has lost all data connection (phone status, phonebook, caller ID), only voice is directed
- Using navigator, the phone get burning hot (was way cooler before update)

Doriano Venanzi

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody, for me is the same about the fact that I don't know if my issue has been treated before here in this forum. I own Lumia 925 with windows 8.1 DP and sometime, more frequently the last period, it freeze and restart using IE and after I receive a phone call when the device is on my jeans back pocket the touch screen is unresponsive until I push the central button on the right side oh the phone and then double touch on the screen for answer the call.

Last edited:

SahirS99

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
My Nokia lumia 925 have a bug that everytime the screen is white ( white background) the contrast change I don't know why it does it , does anyone know how to solve this problem?

josemon

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Yesterday I updated my Lumia 925 to cyan. After that the rear camera is not working. when i opened Nokia Camera,its stays in a black screen with no buttons displayed. If I use Microsoft camera, its the same. The front camera is working. I have done soft reset, hard reset and also tried Nokia recovery tool. When using recovery tool, its not going to 8.0,it stays in 8.1 itself. Any solutions guys ?

thorrellius

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Been using over a year already without any issue or bugs from the phone or the OS.

However, out of a sudden, I can have audio (via earpiece) during phone calls; either making or receiving a call. Whenever restarted the phone, the first call is okey, but the next call no audio.

Anyone experience this before?

obsto

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi, today I discovered some bugs on my Lumia 925. First, when I press Nokia Camera icon it won't start, it just start loading and then fall back to menu (when I press HW button it camera works fine so maybe problem is in app). Second, which I found only by chance, is when I'm in settings menu and try to access "network+", I can't because it shows "loading" for a second and return back to settings menu and the same goes for "extras+info". Anyone else having this problem? (running on WP version 8.10.12393.890)

MrPovilas

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys, i have see that then i use flashlight XT apps and few times touch flashlight it wont be lighting. Do i need to go to warranty or it just software problem? I reset phone still this problem are.

Dua Hafeez

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
This is the same issue I am having. Did a factory resets twice but that didn't help either and after the last PFD I can hear audio on calls but the volume is very low.

Last edited:

bigsee

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a new one today get it back from repair (the old was replaced for a new one). It has sign and call drop I was unable to take a call - and I think get called too. What can I do? I read here somewhere about it but I dont know when and where...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett