05-26-2013 04:09 PM
62 123
tools
    I'm detecting quite a bit of rationalizing going on around here. 920 owners are hating on the 925 so they can feel better about being stuck with their 920 while new Lumia's are released. It's a disappointment, a step back, who cares if it's thinner, etc....... too funny.
    05-14-2013 10:07 AM
    Its typical of the insecurity of people who always have to find ways to make themselves feel better when something more advanced comes out. I personally have a 920 and have no problem with the 925, I think its very good looking and hope it does well. And I think it will.
    05-14-2013 10:12 AM
    Also note that there appear to be people hating on the 925 that don't have a 920, but still get the "chill and enjoy your 920" type responses.

Joy, this is fun.
    05-14-2013 10:25 AM
    Kind of a blanket statement that isn't true. I have a 920 and am just fine with the 925. More Windows Phones out there and more chances for people to get them the better. I don't feel stuck with my phone at all. I know I'm in for 2 years and I'm good with it.
    05-14-2013 10:31 AM
    The 925/928 are the new kids on the block, and it may take a minute to embrace them...but I welcome them with open arms and a baked apple pie (or fresh screen protector and case...) Lol! Seriously, While it may be a defense mechanism for some, I think some 920 owners expected a "new Lumia" unveiling instead of a new Lumia 920 variant unveiling. Lol. The reality is that the "shelf life" of a smartphone's interest is about 6-9 months now. So ppl are ready to move on to greater things and a huge London event was probably disappointing for some.

On the other hand, Lumia 920 owners should be ecstatic that they are going to have one of the best camera apps available! They should also be proud to own a smartphone that won "Smartphone of the Year"!
    ttsoldier and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-14-2013 10:36 AM
    The 925/928 are the new kids on the block, and it may take a minute to embrace them...but I welcome them with open arms and a baked apple pie (or fresh screen protector and case...) Lol! Seriously, While it may be a defense mechanism for some, I think some 920 owners expected a "new Lumia" unveiling instead of a new Lumia 920 variant unveiling. Lol. The reality is that the "shelf life" of a smartphone's interest is about 6-9 months now. So ppl are ready to move on to greater things and a huge London event was probably disappointing for some.

On the other hand, Lumia 920 owners should be ecstatic that they are going to have one of the best camera apps available! They should also be proud to own a smartphone that won "Smartphone of the Year"!
    while I agree with the camera app, I want Nokia to bring a software update to improve daylight pictures, because the new 925 having an extra lens will definitely have better pictures, sadly im on AT&T and I cannot get it. They should have made all of this phones available on every carrier, just like Samsung, Apple and HTC.
    05-14-2013 10:40 AM
    Kind of a blanket statement that isn't true. I have a 920 and am just fine with the 925. More Windows Phones out there and more chances for people to get them the better. I don't feel stuck with my phone at all.
    Agreed. Welcome, T-Mo (and Verizon) peeps! Let's all relax and enjoy our Lumia devices.
    05-14-2013 10:40 AM
    I find it annoying when people take offense to criticism. And the reason why I find it annoying is because people are resorting to straw men arguments. Instead of countering those criticisms with legitimate arguments people resort to condemning the individual.

Yes, my friends, it is possible for people to be critical without having an emotional investment.

I don't care what Nokia does because it has no impact on my life. But that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about it.
    05-14-2013 10:41 AM
    Bring back Symbian! ;)
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    05-14-2013 10:44 AM
    I own a L920 but I also find L925 attractive. Especially Black !
    05-14-2013 10:45 AM
    no hate, is the same device with some improvements. I really hate it if I had 2gb ram, 4 core, 64GB and 3000 battery :P
    jaj324 likes this.
    05-14-2013 10:46 AM
    I'm a new 920 owner (switched from the 810, which I did love) and I don't get all the anti-925 comments. I think the 925 is gorgeous. Had I waited for the summer to get a new phone, the 925 probably would have been it, although I'm not sure I trust T-Mobile much anymore with updates and such for WP devices after they EOL'd the 810 after only 5 months. Still, the 925 is a stunner and looks great in all three colors. I would have definitely snagged one in white. I don't get the "hideous" comments at all. I love that it's aluminum, light and thin.
    willied likes this.
    05-14-2013 10:48 AM
    while I agree with the camera app, I want Nokia to bring a software update to improve daylight pictures, because the new 925 having an extra lens will definitely have better pictures, sadly im on AT&T and I cannot get it. They should have made all of this phones available on every carrier, just like Samsung, Apple and HTC.
    When att released the 920 exclusively, many ppl complained that it wasn't available to everyone. A lot of att customers were glad that they were with the exclusive carrier. Now that the 6 month exclusivity period is up, an updated version of the 920 surfaces on 2 new networks and att customers are complaining that its not available to everyone.

The reality is exclusivity hurts customers. Its not your fault, but at some point you (and I and alot of us) will benefit from it. So, the pendulum has swung back to the other side...we either have to deal with it or change it.
    Beast of Haeven likes this.
    05-14-2013 10:50 AM
    As a 920 owner I find it sad that people are already trying to create "fights" among ourselves (WP8 users). I'm glad to see the 925 and 928 (which we have anticipated for quite a while now). We have all waited a long time for more carriers to have quality WP8s and this would only help us all in the long term. This should be a big push for the windows phone momentum, not a new reason to discredit each other.

I personally wished the new iterations could be even better to really put the iOS and S4 in shame.
    05-14-2013 10:52 AM
    I'm detecting quite a bit of rationalizing going on around here. 920 owners are hating on the 925 so they can feel better about being stuck with their 920 while new Lumia's are released. It's a disappointment, a step back, who cares if it's thinner, etc....... too funny.
    Stuck with the 920? I'd buy the 920 over the 925 if I were buying a new Lumia today. 16GB storage is pathetic I'm currently using more than that on my 920. It's also pretty ugly and doesn't have Qi charging built in.

Great that it's cheaper than the 920. But it's cheaper for a reason: it's not as good.
    Dazzi likes this.
    05-14-2013 10:53 AM
    Same basic hardware, different chassis. Many of the software centric camera improvements are coming to the 920 and other Lumia devices. As a 920 owner I don't see a reason to complain or hate on the 925/928 because the differences are minor. Furthermore, I don't see a reason to hate anyone for choosing Windows Phone no matter what device they get. To all future WP owners, I say, welcome to the family.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-14-2013 10:55 AM
    Great that it's cheaper than the 920. But it's cheaper for a reason: it's not as good.
    It's kinda weird seeing anyone say that, seeing as the 925 isn't even officially out yet...
    peacefulberry likes this.
    05-14-2013 10:55 AM
    It's kinda weird seeing anyone say that, seeing as the 925 isn't even officially out yet...
    Why? We already know everything about it. It's a 920 - 16GB - Qi charging - colors - thickness - weight
    Dazzi likes this.
    05-14-2013 10:58 AM
    I kind of agree with the OP. Reading through posts and comments from all the 925 stories today and the most negativity seems to be coming from those who already have a 920. Some of it sounds a bit like insecurity, while others sound like they were looking for an upgrade to something else. The 920 just came out 6 months ago, how many more phones are you going to buy??

I personally think the phone looks great, the wireless shells look nice too.
    05-14-2013 10:59 AM
    Each phone has it's advantages. The AMOLED screen is a nice touch but 16GB of storage can be a minus for some, others not as much (though some carriers are rumored to have 32G variants). The design is always going to be debatable - the 925 looks a bit iPhone-ish to me with its hard edges. No built in wireless does kind of suck, nice of them to give you the option to add it though.

For me, I'll be keeping my 920 for now - mostly because it's a BUILD phone and unlocked, unbranded, pentaband variant. :)
    05-14-2013 11:03 AM
    Why? We already know everything about it. It's a 920 - 16GB - Qi charging - colors - thickness - weight
    Yes, but the reality is that you stated "its not as good..." To truly come to that conclusion, you have to test out both devices. Spec wise, the only difference is 16gb vs 32gb and maybe the type of screen. But technically speaking (same processors, hardware, battery, etc,) they are both equally awesome. Storage wise, its a personal preference. But to say something is not as good when you haven't seen, touched, tested, etc it out I think is kind of proving what the op was saying...
    05-14-2013 11:05 AM
    Yes, but the reality is that you stated "its not as good..." To truly come to that conclusion, you have to test out both devices. Spec wise, the only difference is 16gb vs 32gb and maybe the type of screen. But technically speaking (same processors, hardware, battery, etc,) they are both equally awesome. Storage wise, its a personal preference. But to say something is not as good when you haven't seen, touched, tested, etc it out I think is kind of proving what the op was saying...
    Like I already stated, less storage AND no Qi charging. You really don't need to test out both devices, they're basically the same phone but missing some hardware. It's going to run the software EXACTLY THE SAME. It has the SAME processor, RAM, screen resolution.

Worse hardware --> not as good
    Not that hard of a logical step

Plus it's just plain ugly

I can't believe they held an event for this phone. HEY LOOK GUYS! WE DUMBED DOWN OUR 920!!!

And it looks like people agree. Nokia stocks are down 5.5%, while the rest of the market is up. I was hoping it would go up when they had their awesome announcement but it was just pathetic. Nokia really needs to learn when to keep quiet and when a product actually deserves a big event.

Release a phablet damn it, Nokia!
    Dazzi likes this.
    05-14-2013 11:35 AM
    Kind of a blanket statement that isn't true. I have a 920 and am just fine with the 925. More Windows Phones out there and more chances for people to get them the better. I don't feel stuck with my phone at all. I know I'm in for 2 years and I'm good with it.
    which statement was the "blanket" one?
    Sent from my AT&T Cali Blue HTC 8x using Board Express
    05-14-2013 11:39 AM
    I am a 920 owner, and was planning on upgrading to the next new Lumia, but I will not be upgrading to the 925.

Why?

-No wireless charging - big time saver for me
    -Don't like the bulging camera - rather ugly.

Unfortunately, this is not much of an update at all (Note I am not disputing it is an update... It is just a very marginal one)... They really need to bring something out with the wow factor now.

This is not to say I am mocking the device, but it simply has no appeal for me to upgrade, given it will cost me 150+ to upgrade the phone, and I'll lose my wireless charging which I really like. I would rather hang on a little longer and upgrade when they have brought lots more features / designs etc.
    Dazzi likes this.
    05-14-2013 11:40 AM
    Yeah don't stress too much, we all have reasons for liking the various models. There are some specs that you can say are better or worse, some that are subjective, and some that are plain preference. Embrace the choice and welcome variety to the WP platform as that should help draw more people to it which is better for us all.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-14-2013 11:41 AM
62 123