why not front facing speakers

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
ok this might sound like a rant, but I have tested almost every high end on the US Market, from every platform and HTC did a good job by placing front facing speakers, the sound is great on it. The camera on the lumia has always been great except for daylight and the sound was average, nothing too amazing, my main concern is why not place the front facing speakers, there are people that like to watch netflix, and hulu plus now that is available, we need a better viewing experience. I also hope that the lumia 920 gets not only the smart camera update, but also better daylight pictures by increasing the ISO which I am not sure the lumia 920 will get it, because the 925 they said it will go from 800 to 3200.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
The current design of the Lumia range doesn't really allow for the speaker(s) to be placed on the front but I agree that that is where the speakers ought to be. Failing that, they could have placed stereo speakers along the left hand edge (just like on the 5800 XM) which is currently devoid of anything.

The Smart Camera update will arrive for the 920 as the Lumia Amber update later in the summer and I'm really hoping that this update fixes the camera once and for all.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The current design of the Lumia range doesn't really allow for the speaker(s) to be placed on the front but I agree that that is where the speakers ought to be. Failing that, they could have placed stereo speakers along the left hand edge (just like on the 5800 XM) which is currently devoid of anything.

The Smart Camera update will arrive for the 920 as the Lumia Amber update later in the summer and I'm really hoping that this update fixes the camera once and for all.

I hope so makes me wonder if the update has any software optimizations for the normal camera and no additional features. the 925 also notices for wireless charging case covers the speaker so I can see a problem there. This is why all manufacturers need to get their act together and put the speakers up front.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
It's a phone. The sound is awful even on the best sounding phone, stereo, front facing, etc... it can't match earphones, so I don't find it an issue at all.
It does the job at notifying you for a call, text, email... and it gives you a rough idea of how the song that you friend just has to show you sounds, for everything else, there's a headphone jack, take advantage of it :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk