T-Mobile USA Lumia 925 Page

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
when did carrier branding start to offend so many people? i have never seen it as a big deal at all, but is this due to the iphone not having carrier branding and now everyone wants that too?

on the 925, i am still deciding between it and the 928. I have played around with the 928and really like it but Verizon is expensive! Once the 925 comes out and i can make a comparison, i would like to stay on tmobile but also ready to go verizon if the 925isnt as good.

nokialove

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
when did carrier branding start to offend so many people? i have never seen it as a big deal at all, but is this due to the iphone not having carrier branding and now everyone wants that too?

on the 925, i am still deciding between it and the 928. I have played around with the 928and really like it but Verizon is expensive! Once the 925 comes out and i can make a comparison, i would like to stay on tmobile but also ready to go verizon if the 925isnt as good.

It's ugly, and it's free advertising. That is annoying, considering I'm that one that'll be paying $500+ for the phone.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

I never really liked it, but in the past the unbranded versions either supported mostly European bands or were much more expensive than the carrier branded version here. That still sort of is true today, especially with Nokia's many carrier exclusives. I'm hoping Nokia does offer an unbranded US version (RM-893 on their developer page). I'd happily buy that if it wasn't too expensive even though it's missing AWS support for WCDMA and despite the fact that the T-Mobile version supports more LTE bands.

I've also always hated the customer carrier firmware. They used to always have a stupid animation during boot up WITH SOUND. Absolutely annoying if you're someplace quiet and needed to turn your phone back on or reboot it--you couldn't without bothering everyone else. Thankfully, most phones I've used recently don't do that anymore.

Not to mention other problems like carrier bloatware and disabled features.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Talked to a T-mobile rep today. They said they heard about a Nokia phone coming in next week. He said it probably wasn't the 925, but I don't know another phone it could be. Is it reasonable for carriers to get training devices that far in advance of the launch?

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Talked to a T-mobile rep today. They said they heard about a Nokia phone coming in next week. He said it probably wasn't the 925, but I don't know another phone it could be. Is it reasonable for carriers to get training devices that far in advance of the launch?
if he said something as general as a Nokia device (not WP) it could be a Asha.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
if he said something as general as a Nokia device (not WP) it could be a Asha.
If that's an Asha, it could well be the 3G variant of the 50x Ashas. Something that Nokia confirmed will roll out later in the year.However, Nokia has been launching Lumias only in the US, so an Asha is unlikely.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
The recent leaked screenshot shows that the release week is June 10th! I don't know if that's only for European stores, but it could very well be world-wide, I suppose.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The recent leaked screenshot shows that the release week is June 10th! I don't know if that's only for European stores, but it could very well be world-wide, I suppose.
I read somewhere that the June release is EU only. One post or comment somewhere on WPC also had someone casually mentioning the 925 on T-Mobile US launches in August! That would be horrible - particularly if EOS is announced then. Anyway, I know everything is a rumor at this point, but I really hope that June 10th is a worldwide release!

Edit: Just re-watched video with Rubino doing a hands-on with the 925. He said "Coming to (soon?) within the next couple of weeks, coming to T-Mobile US later this summer". So, reading into things, that's more fuel for June 10 only being the EU release

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb