Dumb question

barbaram

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a Dell venue pro. I am planning to get the 928 just as soon as it is available. My question is this: I have two apps that contain info that I will need to change over to the new phone. One is a little app called photo diary. I don't see that it has a back up to sky drive. I use it to record when I plant things in the garden and when things bloom. It wouldn't be particularly onerous to just copy the pictures to the new phone and re type the info, but still a pain.

The other app is called, I think Beer tracker or something, it does back up to sky drive but I don't know how I would get the info onto the new phone. This would be a major pain to retype since it's got hundreds of beers that I have tasted listed on it. (Of course it would be fun to retaste all the beers, but...)

So...how will I do this. I've looked on this site, but can't find what I need.

Thanks for your help!!!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If an app has a backup to skydrive feature, it usually has a restore from skydrive (or something like that) feature that should download everything back to your device. I would download Beer Tracker on the 928 (when you get it) and attempt to download the backup file through the app. If it doesn't work, at least you will still have the info you can copy on your other phone.

It sounds like the photo diary isn't much help when switching phones! You probably will have to copy everything the old fashion way.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Not sure about the first one, but I suspect you are right about having to manually add things back. As for the beer tracker, you should be able to do a backup to Skydrive, then once loaded on the new phone, do an import/restore and get all that data back. Do you see that function in the app somewhere?

barbaram

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, they did an update and suddenly it had a back up to sky drive!! so that should be easy enough I guess!!

Thanks so much for your quick reply!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo