Why I am not disappointed with Lumia 925.

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for starting one more thread about this topic. But have seen couple of posts from people about disappointment and commented
my thoughts in one of the posts, but thought, it would be better to have a separate thread about positive sentiment.

I am not disappointed at all with Lumia 925. There are some technological advances here and software improvement for which a press conference was justified.
1. Significantly thinner and lighter phone with significant internal changes in the design. First for Nokia.(This is just like iPhone 4S vs iphone 5 change for which they had a bigger press conference)
2. Improved camera than 920. Theoretically should perform better than 920 in more varied conditions and should be able to fare well against HTC One, iphone 5 and GS4.
3. Better speaker(audio quality enhancement)
4. AMOLED(should consume less battery power compared to 920)

SW:
New Nokia camera apps. Which also warrant a press conference. Why? So that they can demo the people how to use those apps
with some real-world examples. Now I know, they can make an ad for that, but I believe running an ad program is more expensive than arranging a press conference
where several blogs will do automatic advertisement for you and create buzz.
Double tap to wake, FM radio, Podcast app.

Now if you consider the overall changes, I think it provides a very good competition to the phones release this year also.(only if people look past the on-paper specs which is
Nokia's marketing challenge)

I think, many people were expecting that this phone would be a big upgrade like 920 was to 900. [Hey that was 20 points upgrade ;)]
I think, this is a very competitive phone which targets the audience who were complaining that 920 is too thick, heavy,etc. So with 920 and 925
Nokia caters to more audience with different choices. I think, if they market it well, 925 can also succeed for the next 6 months at-least until they
release the next true flagship. 925 is also cheaper than their competition(from this year also).

If I was in the market to buy a WP, I would buy 925 over 920.

The only thing Nokia shouldn't have done was not hype up this press conference a bit much by releasing teasers. They should have managed the expectations little better.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
The 50% drop in memory negates everything you stated. By only giving it 16GB with the size of some recent games the 925 is a DISAPPOINTMENT.......

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I imagine that T-Mobile requested the 16 GB version.

They cater to consumers who are looking for cheaper prices.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I would say that there is still a chance we see a 32GB version for T-Mobile. In the announcement it sounded as if the 32GB Vodaphone exclusive deal was for the UK/Europe market since in the UK multiple carriers will be offering it (Vodaphone, O2, and 3).

The US has its own model number (RM-893 I think) so there is a chance that it could be different i.e. 32GB.

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
The 50% drop in memory negates everything you stated. By only giving it 16GB with the size of some recent games the 925 is a DISAPPOINTMENT.......

I agree partly. The choice of exclusivity with 32GB doesn't seem to be a good decision, but who knows why they had to take that decision? May be Vodafone blackmailing in lieu of marketing/future support. But I guess, the most common size in iphone sales is 16GB, and considering the full unlocked price of 925, 16GB is worth the money. But it's always good to have a higher memory option for people who need it.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
According to what people at T-MO are saying 32 gb is what this device has so i'm thinking that is what T-MO US will have .

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Exactly l, what people. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on one of tmobiles teaser web pages it said 16GB.

I think majority of non-technie public(specially those migrating from iphone or feature phones) will be content with 16GB, which I believe is the primary target of Nokia with this phone.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I see it like this: I have a Lumia 710, I'm looking at my next phone that has double the space in it. So yay! :D
If it does have 32gb, then that's even better for me.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Depends on demand... I could see a 64Gb version if the 16Gb and 32Gb versions sell well. This is an ideal replacement for the 900 and opens the corporate world.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs