Buy Lumia 925 in June or wait for EOS?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i wont be selling any of my devices.
They both work and are useful..
I cant see Nokia not moving forward with sensor improvements and innovations - its a NOKIA tradition. I find it very hard to sit and listen to people say that Nokia is "kjust now catching up to apple and its iPhone5" without screaming at them! :)
Nokia is the established cameraphone leader in my opinion; with their investment in graphene and sensor technology, i think we will see something in 2014 that will knock our socks off and may not even require much more of a hump than the 925 :)

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I would wait for the EOS and see what that brings. But you can always get the 925 and sell it once the EOS comes out.. just to try out WP and see how that goes.

The EOS is coming for sure.. I am even willing to believe the rumor that there is one EOS based on current gen specs, and one based on next gen (1080p/quad core/faster RAM) ..

Also, if the rumors are true, its should be better than the 808.

But if he already owns N8 and 808PV, why should he upgrade to anything else than something like the EOS is rumored to be? If he indeed appreciates the camera performance you can't really get better than N8, not to talk about 808PV.

I have an 808 and find absolutely no reason to upgrade to a newer phone.. I got the iPhone 5 to try, and since the camera is very important to me, it felt more like a downgrade than an upgrade. I don't see how that would be any different with any of the Lumia devices.

I am set until someone comes up with a better camera, or at least gets on par with the 808.

. Please Nokia, make the EOS smooth and beautiful like the 920 and made entirely from metal (or almost), and build in wireless charging, that's all I want.

Actually, I am hoping its the same (or improved) grippy ceramic stuff they used on the phase 1 device

Last edited:

alpha10

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Another problem is that I would have to import the 925, because it won't be released before 4th quarter in Denmark, by that time EOS may already be available.

Tracy Daken

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
GDR3 update is supposed to allow 1080P Support for the screens correct? So. I don't know. If the 925 is cheap, I may get it until November.

spop9

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Count me in for picking up a couple 925's on T-Mobile. Do we actually know this phone is coming in June in the US? The "hands-on" videos have made mention of the software not being finalized. It is almost June which concerns me a bit.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
The June launch is only confirmed for Europe, unfortunately. T-mobile is said to get the device "after the initial launch", which leaves me wondering how long we'll have to wait for this device.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Count me in for picking up a couple 925's on T-Mobile. Do we actually know this phone is coming in June in the US? The "hands-on" videos have made mention of the software not being finalized. It is almost June which concerns me a bit.

what also concerns me is no mention of it at the FCC with 1700 MHz. To me, this means much work remains. I'd rather be a pessimist and surprised than a disappointed optimist. I guess we're looking at the *** end of June for release?

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
^ intriguing ...

"Photographs however can only be taken at a maximum of 34 megapixels – just like the case was with the PureView 808"

Wrong..

38Mpix in 4:3 and 34Mpix in 16:9 .. and the magic happens in Pureview mode, which is 5/8Mpix.

Regardless, if its 34 in 16:9 its pretty certain that it will be the HES9 sensor :)

alpha10

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I also would like stereo video recording, if EOS gets that, then I will wait, but I have no way of knowing for sure until it's released......damn

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I also would like stereo video recording, if EOS gets that, then I will wait, but I have no way of knowing for sure until it's released......damn

That is not a hardware limitation in the 928/925/920.. they all have the necessary hardware to record sound in stereo, but the software is not allowing that at the moment. So as soon as Microsoft unlocks the functionality on one model, they will all get it.. or at least the ones that have more than one HAAC mic.

Also, let's hope that they can bring the kbps count over 100 ... the phase 1 system is capable of over 2000kpbs/losless with 3rd party software, and 256kpbs during video recording.

Stereo does sound better.. those extra mics should be exploited.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
So how do people feel about the 925 now that more leaks of the EOS have emerged? The video of the EOS with mechanical focus makes me very tempted to wait for it.

On the other hand I'm sure it will be an expensive phone, plus it means waiting longer to eventually get it.

I guess since I have a proper camera I will lean towards a 925 (its camera is not too shabby itself as well).

nokialove

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm just not serious enough about photography to get the EOS. The 925 will fill my needs nicely in a slimmer package.

EOS looks like an amazing device though! I hope it sells very well.

alpha10

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Seems the EOS will be heavier and thicker than 925, I think I will buy the 925, I'm just waiting for a SIM Free 32GB version :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6