Might get 925, but 16gb is a big let down

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Realistically speaking, what could you do on Windows Phone that would warrant the need of more storage?

Music and videos are streamed, there's barely enough apps to fill us the storage. This phone will be great for what it is, a slimline version of the best WP8 out with a better camera.
High quality games that take up 1gb each can add up quick. Also those 1080p videos will take up space too. But really I think people just want the option to put most of their content including movies on their device and not have to think about it. On my 32 GB iPod Touch I have 6.6gb of videos, 5gb of music(my entire collection), and the rest goes to apps and other things and I still have 9gb left. 32gb is more of a peace of mind feature cause I can guarantee you I don't have to think about cloud storage and I don't have to delete or leave anything behind when I want to put something else on it. We don't really need 32gb but a little more than 16 gives you the breathing room to not have to think about things as much.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I have an 8GB 8x with a little over 4GB available. Most of my music is on my Zune HD. It can be done.
Sent from my AT&T Cali Blue HTC 8x using Board Express

nokialove

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't personally have a need for more than 16 GB, (or 8 for that matter), but people are justified in complaining. Unless they do end up offering the 32 GB version...than this discussion will be moot.

There is no good reason to only offer the 16 GB version. Storage is cheap.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Streaming audio isn't that great if you are on the move, commuting etc. You can't use it on the subway or if you are traveling through areas with spotty coverage.

Also, MP3s tend to be at a higher quality than what most streaming services use. My collection also consists of some rare or unofficial bootleg recordings that you won't find on most streaming sites.

With that said I also tend to carry around a separate mp3 player and if the phone does have 16GB then I guess i will have to continue carrying the mp3 player around.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Cost of additional 16GB is only around $8 more to make it 32GB! I sure T-Mobile can absorb that cost! T-Mobile needs to get it act together! It not Nokia that forcing the 16 or 32 versions; it T-Mobile order the 16GB model. Seems they are stuck up in the Cloud thinking.

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Why would it? There is 32GB version and some oprators are getting it. Hopefully 32GB will be offered on unlocked market in Europe.

Because that's the official website/product page, not a carrier website showing 'just' a version - so it seems bizarre they would just have '32gb' next to the storage description as though that's the default - rather than it instead saying for instance "16gb" or "16/32". I'm buying sim free though so I hope it isn't a mistake.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077