Might get 925, but 16gb is a big let down

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking about switching back to TMobile and this phone would make me very happy to do so. However, 16 gigs is a real bummer with no SD card slot. I wouldn't have enough room for everything I have that I have in my 920

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I think if you don't add music (or much music) to your phone, you should be fine. I have only 1.3GB of apps on my 920, but I had over 5GB of music on my 810's SD card. I have something like half the amount of songs on my 920 and only put those there for "emergencies," such as if I'm in a place where I can't get data for streaming music on Pandora and such. I too thought 16GB wouldn't be enough, but then again, I've got a whopping 21.6GB free on my 920. Not too shabby.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I've been using the HTC Arrive since its launch and have loaded all kinds of music on it as well as pictures and videos and apps. The closest I got to filling it up was having 1.3GB left, and that was after a year and a half without doing any kind of cleaning. 16GB is plenty for me, and will be plenty for most people I would imagine.

ricardios

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Just be more selective in what you put on your phone. Apps and downloaded maps are mostly filling my phone now. Using an 8x and have 9gb free

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I was talking to some on that works in the smartphone trade; and T-Mobile to save inventory probably will put the 32GB online if they get enough request for the 32GB when its up for sale. The reason T-Mobile does not want to do two versions is cost - stocking all the stores will be double the cost of inventory. You have to remember it comes in three colors too. When they put it online; they can do batch processing: carry like 200 each color and then when it reaches 20; reorder 200 more and it only takes 10 days to get from Nokia unless they are backorder!

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
So here's my question. We all know the 16gb with probably 12-13 available to use is a bit of a compromise by today's flagship standards. But what is the best way to manage the things that are not so easily removable such as games(the real big ones that are 100mb plus) that you can't back up? Or does Windows Phone 8 have a backup system in place for games already? I have no clue as I'm still holding on to my 7.8 HTC Titan unlocked for T-Mobile. If they had that then the storage would not be an issue as cloud services could take care of pictures and music. Games take up the most space on my current phone aside from a few movies I save every now and then using the FlashVideos+TubeMusic app. Any ideas WP8 users?

vishhh

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking about switching back to TMobile and this phone would make me very happy to do so. However, 16 gigs is a real bummer with no SD card slot. I wouldn't have enough room for everything I have that I have in my 920

Aint a 32Gb on the cards ?

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
This is a great thought for people who it will work for, but I only have 13 songs downloaded locally and all my music is on the cloud, and I STILL don't have enough memory. (HTC 8X - 390 MB left) and this is after third hard reset.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
And the only people complaining are the people who shouldn't even be thinking of getting the phone. Let those of us who don't need that much space carry on without you lot trashing this device. It's an incremental update anyway, right? Go buy a 920 then.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
And the only people complaining are the people who shouldn't even be thinking of getting the phone. Let those of us who don't need that much space carry on without you lot trashing this device. It's an incremental update anyway, right? Go buy a 920 then.

ignorant post. Some of us are Tmobile users who've been waiting for a 720p flagship phone on our carrier. I don't care if its a new HTC with 32gb or a Samsung Ativ S with SD slot or a 920 variant with 32gb. I nerd space on my carrier

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Micromanaging a phone's storage so all your games, apps, movies, music, etc. are available when you want it, and not there when you don't need it. Hrmmmmm. STUPID. Even iPod users 5 years ago didn't have to deal with this crap. My music collection is 9GB. It's been 9Gb for the last 10 years. It's nothing special or excessive when it comes to music collections. I've never had a problem with having it always available locally to listen to. If I were to put this on the Lumia 925, it would literally kill my storage. I would probably have 1GB or less for apps. Forget map data and 3D games or more than a few dozen images and a couple of 2min HD videos. There will be NO space. And like I said, having to manage storage, STUPID. Nobody else has to deal with the hassle, so why should I?

The biggest dumbass argument I hear is how everything is in the CLOUD and you should stream everything. Lets see.
1. SLOW
2. KILLS BANDWIDTH ALLOTMENT
3. KILLS BATTERY
4. LTE NETWORK ISN'T OMNIPRESENT LIKE GOD. I CAN'T EVEN GET A GOOD SIGNAL IN MY OWN HOME. I CAN'T EVEN GET A GOOD WIFI SIGNAL. FORGET ANY BUILDINGS FAR AWAY FROM TOWERS, MADE OF CONCRETE, BEING UNDERGROUND, BEING IN ELEVATORS, BEING ANYWHERE WITH A POOR SIGNAL, WHICH IS ALMOST EVERYWHERE.

There's only one right way to think of this. The only detractors are the crazy fanboys and trolls who try to justify whatever flaw or shortcoming their precious Nokia has made. And genuinely stupid people.

1. You're annoying.
2. You're redundant.
3. Stop shouting with your ALL CAPS.
4. Calm down. Seriously.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
"The Lumia 925 is Nokia's latest Windows Phone, along with the Lumia 928 but many have been concerned that Vodafone appears to have the 32GB version of the Lumia 925, while everyone else has to deal with 16GB of internal storage. It's now come to light that T-Mobile will also be picking up the model with 32GB of storage, which will surely please many to know that it may not be that much of an exclusivity."

I guess T-Mobile execs read this website!
I am for sure going to buy it if it in the same ballpark in price as the 928 or 920 series.
Hooray for the consumer!

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's T-Mobile Germany.
Voda Germany is also getting 32GB.

Looking good here in Europe with the 32GB availability. They better have 32GB available for the unlocked market, would be weird if it wasn't.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's T-Mobile Germany.
Voda Germany is also getting 32GB.

Looking good here in Europe with the 32GB availability. They better have 32GB available for the unlocked market, would be weird if it wasn't.

Could be for both too! I hoping for a 32GB in the U.S. T-Mobile. Why would the execs in the U.S. be so stupid and the Germany counterparts so smart?

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Could be for both too! I hoping for a 32GB in the U.S. T-Mobile. Why would the execs in the U.S. be so stupid and the Germany counterparts so smart?
I agree with you as this didn't make sense. I really need a valid explanation as to why they would make that change when ever other Lumia 9xx model comes with 32gb period. I really don't buy people letting Nokia/T-Mobile off the hook by saying the decision was based off the fact that the highest selling iPhone was the 16gb version. First of all T-Mobile just recently got the iPhone 5 so those numbers had to be based off of the carriers that sold it. If that's the case then the 920 and 928 should have been 16gb versions as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely getting mine hot off the shelf but at least give me a valid reason why everyone else gets a double cheeseburger and we get a cheeseburger. It just doesn't make sense any way you look at it.

BlackWindow8

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Realistically speaking, what could you do on Windows Phone that would warrant the need of more storage?

Music and videos are streamed, there's barely enough apps to fill us the storage. This phone will be great for what it is, a slimline version of the best WP8 out with a better camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte