Poll for the best looking Lumia - The 925 is actually winning

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, good to see that people like the 925.

I love the design of the 920. My dream design is simply the 920, but thinner - in glossy white finish.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I kind of like the Lumia 920, but as a N9, Lumia 800 and Lumia 920 owner, the design was originally made for N9 and it shows. The size and curves were just perfect and the design was actually made with the UI in mind with the side swipe (why the screen is actually so curved on N9 and Lumia 800), no buttons and UI being mostly black, giving the feel that the screen didn't end. Lumia 900 was the worst offender of the original design by stripping the curved glass and raising the screen. With as big device as Lumia 920 the curves are not that clear anymore and it doesn't look "right"
Also worth to mention that N9 features larger screen than Lumia 800, because there's no buttons. Front of the device just looks so clean on N9.

nokia-n9-family.jpg.

I do also like the Lumia 925 most design wise out of all Lumias. You could also say that it's the first true Lumia only design, not something taken from Symbian or Maemo line. Even Lumia 710 was copy of Nokia 603.

Last edited:

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Always annoyed me on the 920 why the buttons have such a bizarrely big space wasted below them...doesn't look right.

It's still present SLIGHTLY on the 925 but they've improved it a lot.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I wanted the 900, and 920 because of the standout design. To be honest the best looking phone for me is the HTC One, next best? The Lumia 925. Only complaint for it to trump the HTC One in design? All aluminum backing for a full aluminum phone.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I wanted the 900, and 920 because of the standout design. To be honest the best looking phone for me is the HTC One, next best? The Lumia 925. Only complaint for it to trump the HTC One in design? All aluminum backing for a full aluminum phone.

At first glance, it looks like a BB Z10 clone.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I like the looks of the L920 and I like how it feels in the hand. But I also like the looks of the L925 Look it's going to TMO and that's a plus it's a plus because all three of the Major carriers state side is going to have a high end Nokia WP8 device. it would be rather nice to see HTC come out with a WP8 device along the lines of the HTC ONE that is another very nice looking device. But on the high end scale it's all Nokia and with them great Nokia apps it's a win, win, for both us the consumers and the OS. I'm rather leaning to the L925 as being better for me. As I'm not one that wants to be waving a yellow device when I'm conducting business, I rather something a little more polished in style.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Haven't seen one live or held it in person so I can't really say how I'll like it. Looks nice, but my biggest complaint about the 925 would be the camera bulge. I'd prefer the back to be a smooth flat surface.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte