Please, 925 with 64Gb

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Please Nokia, be bold and release a 64Gb variant of the Lumia 925. Such a device would provide high end memory capacity. Be especially popular if people can download movies from the xbox store.

Make it different.
ie. A black one with a silver aluminum frame... A color variation of every types aluminum frame. So that the 64Gb variant can be recognized from the 16 and 32 variants.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Send a mail to Stephen Elop and nokia. Posting it here won't be of great help :p .

You will be surprised at how frequently Mr.Elop replies to his emails

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Nokia is not a big believer in huge storage memory anymore. They somehow are influenced by Google and Microsoft - who think about the cloud and have reduced their memory options. But Samsung, Apple, HTC and other Android manufacturers have 64GB options. The next iPhone6 is rumor to offer 128GB storage option like the iPad4 has now! If they have the 128GB; I will switch my smartphone back to Apple! I mean wow! Only my notebook and desktop have more storage - all of it SSD - wonderfully quick!

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
They wouldn't have to offer 64GB built in, if they put an SD card slot on it.

Refusing to do both belies ignorance of what high-end phone users want.

WTH. Guess I'll just have to keep carrying my iPod Classic.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
As another guy suggested posting here is of no help, but yes they should certainly come up with either a 64GB variant or atleast an SD slot functionality.
Altough cloud sounds great, but not everyone is blessed with unlimited internet plans or has wifi 24*7

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Well the problem is once you put 64 GB and sell it for 499, pple automatically expect that to be default. Nokia wants to reduce memory and sell cheaper. If they put a sd card slot. That is all is needed.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Well the problem is once you put 64 GB and sell it for 499, pple automatically expect that to be default. Nokia wants to reduce memory and sell cheaper. If they put a sd card slot. That is all is needed.

Well you sell the versions with more memory for more money. People understand that.

HIRBODSOFT

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
You Think That How Much does it Cost For Company (Not For Buying Separately) if They Put 64/32? More That 20,30,40,50$........?
i Think That For Company is Much More Cheaper than We Can afford it, So NOKIA Company Can Do That!
i Don't Think They Do that For reducing Price!

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Apple charges $100 to bump from 16GB to 32GB, and another $100 from 32GB to 64GB. Thus, the 64GB costs $200 more than the 16GB model, and that isn't reduced at all by subsidies. Everyone understands the model, and stores manage to sell all three sizes. People who laughingly think that the subsidized price is the real price of the phone settle for the low-end memory. People who know what they want to do with their phones pay extra depending on their anticipated needs.

It's an adequate model, however I do sort of rankle about having to predict my storage needs up to two years in advance. Basically, you buy worst case now, because upgrades to the phone aren't possible. Which is why I prefer the micro-SD model. Then, you can expand as you go along. Yes, what you can put on the SD card is limited, but most of what fills up those extra 16 or 48GB is usually media (music, videos, etc), so adequate storage for apps (=16GB) plus up to 64GB for media will shut most people up.

Actually, I'd have use for 128GB or more, but then again, I said "most people."

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Nokia will be force to go with their competition. I think it has to do with WP8 limitations more then not expanding memory out to equal the competition. Just wait for GDR3!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Apple charges $100 to bump from 16GB to 32GB, and another $100 from 32GB to 64GB. Thus, the 64GB costs $200 more than the 16GB model, and that isn't reduced at all by subsidies. Everyone understands the model, and stores manage to sell all three sizes. People who laughingly think that the subsidized price is the real price of the phone settle for the low-end memory. People who know what they want to do with their phones pay extra depending on their anticipated needs.

It's an adequate model, however I do sort of rankle about having to predict my storage needs up to two years in advance. Basically, you buy worst case now, because upgrades to the phone aren't possible. Which is why I prefer the micro-SD model. Then, you can expand as you go along. Yes, what you can put on the SD card is limited, but most of what fills up those extra 16 or 48GB is usually media (music, videos, etc), so adequate storage for apps (=16GB) plus up to 64GB for media will shut most people up.

Actually, I'd have use for 128GB or more, but then again, I said "most people."

I'd be more happy to see a memory card slot instead, let people choose what they want with the onboard storage.

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
For the most part, I agree, but since you can't put app specific data on the SD card, it does limit its usefulness. Not fatally, but I'd still like to be able to download more than about 3 Audible books on my 521, which still has plenty of free space on its SD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05