Will the 925 work on AT&T w/LTE support?

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if this has been covered already, but I was wondering if I could just buy the 925 (full price) and then use it on my AT&T network and still get LTE?

sciencefair

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The global variant does not support AT&T or T-Mobile LTE, so you will have to buy the T-Mobile version. If unlocking this phone is anything like the Lumia 521 on T-Mobile, even if you pay full price, you will have to keep the phone active on a T-Mobile line for 40 days. I read that T-Mobile will waive this requirement for people that have had their T-Mobile account for 2+ years, but they are only allowed 2 phone unlocks per year, and I personally haven't seen anyone confirm that.

sciencefair

May 28, 2013
Visit site
RM-893, the version that will be sold by T-Mobile, supports LTE 700mhz (Band 17) and 1700mhz (Band 4). AT&T uses both of those. T-Mobile currently only uses Band 4. Additionally, this is likely not compatible with Verizon's 700mhz network as theirs is listed as Band 13 and isn't the same as AT&T's 700mhz. It will also work with AT&T HSPA+ as it is a pentaband 3G phone.

Avoid purchasing RM-892 or RM-910 as these will not work on either company's LTE networks.

Bobb_o

May 31, 2013
Visit site
RM-893, the version that will be sold by T-Mobile, supports LTE 700mhz (Band 17) and 1700mhz (Band 4). AT&T uses both of those. T-Mobile currently only uses Band 4. Additionally, this is likely not compatible with Verizon's 700mhz network as theirs is listed as Band 13 and isn't the same as AT&T's 700mhz. It will also work with AT&T HSPA+ as it is a pentaband 3G phone.

Avoid purchasing RM-892 or RM-910 as these will not work on either company's LTE networks.

So what you're saying is yes, the 925 will have LTE on both T-Mobile and AT&T (Provided you have the phone unlocked)

Last edited:

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
So what you're saying is yes, the 925 will have LTE on both T-Mobile and AT&T (Provided you have the phone unlocked)
The answer depends on the full band spectrum that is available... based on what I've been able to see it does seem like it would work but you never know.

Last edited:

berrywr

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Am I to understand that the Lumia 925 will in fact work on AT&T's 3G/HSPA+ bands? My wife and I use Straight Talk and AT&T only makes available up to HSPA+ not 4G LTE. If so I will be selling my two HTC Titan I (Eternity), both are HSPL and Developer/Interop Unlocked.

sciencefair

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Am I to understand that the Lumia 925 will in fact work on AT&T's 3G/HSPA+ bands? My wife and I use Straight Talk and AT&T only makes available up to HSPA+ not 4G LTE. If so I will be selling my two HTC Titan I (Eternity), both are HSPL and Developer/Interop Unlocked.
Yes, it will work with AT&T's HSPA+ for sure once you get it unlocked and get the correct APN.

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
what is an APN, and it is something eash to change in Settings? Will AT&T give me the proper APN?

I cannot wait any longer to replace my Quantum, and the 925 is the closest to what I want. But I am on AT&T so thought I was screwed, this thread is giving my hope. Otherwise I will likely go for the 520 'cause it is cheap and buy some time for better selection.

DGNY

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Thx. But i'm trying to get confirmation that a 925 will work on Straight Talk at LTE. Going thru all the notes posted on various sites, some imply that only unlocked work on StraightTalk LTE, other seem to say that only some versions (perhaps only T-Mobile). Others seem to be claiming that even locked versions of either AT&T or T-Mobile work LTE on Straight Talk. Just trying to nail this down before I buy. Thx. greatly! :Dani

arabiedds

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I have been reading all the forums and I have an att 925 it does work very well with T-Mobile LTE but very spotty HSPA+ as it doesn't have 1700mhz. So it reverts to E a lot which is very annoying and for some reason when I am on E i get a lot of dropped callsI know that this is a data indicator not voice but it's weird.

Sorry if this off topic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs