Help me choose, Lumia 925 Black or White?

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Im planning to preorder the lumia 925. im facing a really hard decision which color to choose, black or white.
the white is better in terms that it shows the details of the device and give it its unique identity. also the white is less sensitive for finger prints. the white also shows that the device has aluminum strip. but I think the white shows dirt and scratches easily.
the black always gives a slimmer feel, one unit feel. more sensitive for finger prints. more immune to show scratches and dirt.. I don't know about if its easily to scratch the black aluminum and show a silver color under it.

So what do you prefer and why?

the following videos to help decide:
1)
Nokia Lumia 925 Colors Comparison Review Black Grey VS White Silver VS Grey Silver - YouTube

2)
Lumia 925 Black vs White vs Grey - YouTube

anon5954042

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I like the black because its all one color. From what I seen the aluminum trim is also black. The white with the silver looks out of place to me.

Magdy Samir

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
As my friend told me when he bought the silver HTC one, whenever u decide to get an aluminum smartphone, it's better to be the silver that shows the aluminum shine, and the uniqueness it feels (although he prefers black in all other phones he got ), in your case the white is better choice.
I admit the silver aluminum really looks premium and elegant .

sciencefair

May 28, 2013
Visit site
If this goes through the same anodizing process as phones like the HTC One and iPhone 5, avoid the black aluminum model if you are bothered by scuffs and chips appearing silver.

I typically don't like white phones but I think the white 925 looks pretty classy. Gray is the worst of the 3 colors IMO.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, to the OP, at the end of the day only YOU can determine which one you would really want or like best. If I somehow end up getting this phone myself, I think I would get the white one. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the black, but I have had so many black phones, so it would be a nice change. Like a few others, I don't like the grey at all.

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I am not a fan of black phones, but the Lumia 925 in Black looks good to me - it has the black back and the gunmetal/black on the sides. Looks real nice! The only design point I'm not keen on, with regards to the black device, is the area surrounding the camera lens - it 'looks' more pronounced than it does on the other models.

With that said, if I were to purchase one, it would definitely be the white - the combo of white and the aluminum (silver) is just so classy :) And I actually like the antenna bands/ridges as it is a distinctive design element.

I'd recommend to handle them all, if possible, check your wardrobe for compatibility, and choose :)

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
@ metalchick719... yes you are right at the end I will make the choice,,,, do you no what, every day I get more uncertain which one to get..... when I first saw the phone I liked the white one so much more than the black... but for the last 2 days I like the black more... maybe finally I will make a coin toss to choose looool

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
@ metalchick719... yes you are right at the end I will make the choice,,,, do you no what, every day I get more uncertain which one to get..... when I first saw the phone I liked the white one so much more than the black... but for the last 2 days I like the black more... maybe finally I will make a coin toss to choose looool

Sometimes, you have to do that. LOL. My friend was confused about which iPhone 5 to get when she was buying hers, and she was leaning more toward black but ended up getting the white. If I get the 925 at some point, I too might try the coin toss trick! :grin:

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
@Residin... it seems that you like the two colors like me... I wish to handle them all but im a one phone guy, I don't like to always sync everything between them... also its out of my budget :)
fianally im really confused which one to choose :(

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
If this goes through the same anodizing process as phones like the HTC One and iPhone 5, avoid the black aluminum model if you are bothered by scuffs and chips appearing silver.

I typically don't like white phones but I think the white 925 looks pretty classy. Gray is the worst of the 3 colors IMO.

Birchwood Casey makes alumablack for the gun smith crowd. I wonder how this would work to touch up scratches.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
To me, black aluminum looks really sharp. I prefer the black HTC One and iPhone 5 to their white models. I know it's more vulnerable to finger prints and scratches and stuff but I think it looks great!

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
From the 3 or so videos I've seen on youtube, the general reports from those at the London launch seem to imply a strong preference for the black one.

In fact funnily enough two of the videos I saw both seemed to favour the black, followed by the white and they both had derogatory things to say about the grey lol.

I'll take what I can get though, just want the phone.(Black if given a choice)

Bobb_o

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I like the black one but I think the white one is ok as well, I just like how the black and dark grey aluminum blends as opposed to the white/silver. I think the grey back looks pretty bad.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to say, I have no idea what colour you should get. However, I like the fact that your most difficult decision is which Nokia Lumia device to purchase. That is a good day in my book! ;-)

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Having the same issue. The Lumia 925 is available for pre-order from o2 in the UK, in white exclusivly, and if you buy a wireless charging pad, you can get a free back plate in black, white or red. whereas carphonewarehouse are offering the 925 with FREE pad and back plate, saving ?49.99 over o2, but comes in black only. I have yet to see what the phone looks/feels in the hand in store, so I am basing the white/silver finish on my current Lumia 610, which shows scratches alot, but is just so eye catching.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issue. The Lumia 925 is available for pre-order from o2 in the UK, in white exclusivly, and if you buy a wireless charging pad, you can get a free back plate in black, white or red. whereas carphonewarehouse are offering the 925 with FREE pad and back plate, saving ?49.99 over o2, but comes in black only. I have yet to see what the phone looks/feels in the hand in store, so I am basing the white/silver finish on my current Lumia 610, which shows scratches alot, but is just so eye catching.

Check them in store and give us a feed back... i will make a decision withen the next two days :)

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
No store has a demo model yet, my local o2 told me to expect to see it in stores within a few weeks, their release date is June 12? Whereas everywhere else is June 26th.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss