Will superman edition come to U.S.?

Josh Achens

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I was debating between the Lumia 928 or waiting for the 925. After holding the 928, it just felt too boxy and uncomfortable. While it was sleek looking, the stiff squared edges turned me away..So I will go with the 925 when it comes to T-Mobile hopefully soon.
Anyways, I saw pictures of the special edition "man of steel" superman Lumia 925 and really want it. The red charging case with the superman logo is sweet too.
Is there any chance of the "man of steel" edition being available when the 925 launches in the U.S.?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Rumor has it that the Man of Steel edition will be limited to 925 units only and will only be made available for the Chinese market. However, I tend not to believe these rumors too much and Nokia haven't said anything of the sort either. But, to be honest, from the pictures I've seen all they've done is slap a Superman sticker on the back of the phone which anyone can do if they want to. Of course there is a MoS exclusive app but once again that can be downloaded by anyone with a Lumia

Essential apps for your Lumia - Nokia

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Agreed.

The pictures I've seen of it (assuming they're real) make it look really, REALLY tacky.

And this is coming from a diehard supes fan since the chris reeve era.

Talk about cashing in.

Roll on M.O.S. though...two weeks today!

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
14th june: 4 year anniversary with the girlfriend, man of steel released and hopefully a shiny new black 925 in my pocket.

It's going to be a good day.

(unless the film is s***. I never really recovered from superman IV).

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah if only they went the etched route like they did for the Batman ones. I'm sure they will be limited by quantity but I'll pass.

Josh Achens

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I guess I was hoping the logo was painted on or whatever. Possibly looks better in person. Or..maybe it is crap like most of you are saying. At which point then I wouldn't really be missing out:wink:

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I guess I was hoping the logo was painted on or whatever. Possibly looks better in person. Or..maybe it is crap like most of you are saying. At which point then I wouldn't really be missing out:wink:

If you truly want to show your respect to Kal-el and the red sun of krypton shines strongly (in your wallet), then screw the special edition and get a standard 925 along with one of these bad boys:

Nokia Superman Man of Steel Fatboy charging pillow: A superphone needs a superhero charger

Then change your text alert sound to 'kneel before zod' and you're all set. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234