Lumia 925 At Microsoft Store?

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not the Lumia 925 will be sold in Microsoft brick and mortar stores amd if yes, would there possibly be a chance they carried the 32 GB version?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft Store is really nothing special when it comes to Windows Phones (other than their awesome warranty). I was told be a rep in store that they are pretty much only functioning as an authorized retailer for phones. Nothing more. I doubt they would sell a model of phone not offered by the three big carriers

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
MS store sells the phones for the normal price, though. I walked into a T-Mobile store to check out the 521 and they told me that because I was on prepaid it would cost $180 instead of $149.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
That's ridiculous. Your plan shouldn't matter or factor into full price at all.

The Lumia 810 full price was $100 cheaper at the MS store than at T-Mobile. So that's true, they do have the price advantage. Yeah... T-Mobile inflates the prices.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Disagree... I believe they will just liked they did with the 920 which wasn't available to anyone but AT&T.
I'm not understanding what you're disagreeing with. The 920 was available to AT&T (one of the three big carriers) so the MS Store sold it. We're both saying the same thing.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft Store is really nothing special when it comes to Windows Phones (other than their awesome warranty). I was told be a rep in store that they are pretty much only functioning as an authorized retailer for phones. Nothing more. I doubt they would sell a model of phone not offered by the three big carriers

Lumia 800 was available only at MS stores. No US carriers.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Microsoft store in Salem NH. They have all WP8 devices for sale all devices that active on a US carrier. So if you wanted the L920 they will sell it along side AT&T Promo's. much like buying the same device from Best Buy or something on line.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 800 was available only at MS stores. No US carriers.
I actually thought about that one... I really wanted that to be my first WP. I thought it was sold in some AT&T stores though? How else would a large number of people have that device? Or maybe AT&T only sold them via their online store? I really don't remember...

I would only count the Microsoft Store as "special" if they sold, say, the Samsung ATIV (not the Odyssey, the original) AND if they actually offered unlocked versions of their phones. I'm not stretching to be right or anything, a Microsoft Store employee actually told me they only act as an authorized retailer for phones on carriers.

Wasn't there a WP device or two that were only sold in Europe, yet still had the bands to run on AT&T if sold here? All WP devices should be sold in all Microsoft Stores if they can run on a US carrier - period. MS stores should not relegate themselves to simple little authorized retailers that happen to sometimes have better pricing. And they should be able to be sold unlocked... And it's obvious they can't because the carriers are in charge of the devices MS store sells for their networks. Ugh.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

How does the Microsoft Store warranty compare to the VZW & AT&T warranties?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
How does the Microsoft Store warranty compare to the VZW & AT&T warranties?
For one, it is a first party warranty AFAIK. And if it isn't, well, the way they handle returns are VERY "first party"... take in your phone to a store, they listen to your complaints, you pay a deductible and you get a brand new phone off the shelf. Secondly, they allow water damage and just about anything that happens to the phone whether it was your fault or manufacturer defect (Although if your screen is scratched they won't replace it unless it functionally impacts the usage of the phone - like a spider web crack where it's hard to see. A cosmetic scratch won't qualify). Third, it costs $99 for 2 years - while you are required to pay up front, that comes to roughly $4.12 per month. That price would be for all of their phones (not to mention Surafce tablets, PC's, anything you purchase from their stores IIRC)

The deductible is somewhere between $25 and $50 (I don't fully remember), though you can only make two claims in those two years... I guess that could be a downside :cry: I think Asurion (I believe all the major US carriers use them) allows two per year. But hey, to not have to ship your phone away to Asurion and deal with that hassle, it's wonderful - just walk right in the store and walk out with a brand new device.

Oh, they also don't cover theft IIRC - though if you pay for renter's insurance, you're covered anyway.

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I know this is late. If you have a problem covered under the manufacturer warranty they will swap your phone without a deductible during the first year. (I've had to do it once already with my 8x)
If it's physical damage then you will have to pay the deductible, and they will only replace the phone for physical damage twice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium