The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    So why would one want one? for me being locked into T-MO. US this is what I've been waiting for. Secondly I'm a big fan of this type of design, where I'm not really a fan of design of the L920 don't get me wrong it's nice yes. But the Lumia 925 looks more polished to me, it's a little bit more refined in it's design than the L920 and to a large part the L928. for me that is a major factor. also it's going to be on my network who at the moment doesn't have a high end WP8 device......
    paddylaz and metalchick719 like this.
    06-04-2013 05:38 AM
    I originally got the lumia 920 sim-free after being very excited about it after reading about it. I returned in within a week due to a few things that really annoyed me about it - at least, annoyed me enough to go back to my iphone 5 that was gathering dust:

1) The IPS display - reviewers loved it but I prefer amoled, and I ESPECIALLY prefer amoled on lumia phones. I had a lumia 800, and the amoled made the tiles so vibrant and the blacks perfectly black. You just don't get that with IPS.

2) The weight. There are a lot of wannabe alpha-males types lol on the forum who say the 920 wasn't THAT heavy, but to be honest, in a suit-trouser pocket, it IS. Not only that but 4.5inch is (nowadays) a middle-range screen size so to have something with that size screen but weighing more than a galaxy note 2 was annoying.

3) This is pure OCD, but aesthetically it always annoyed me why on the 920 there is this random large space between the capacitive buttons and the bottom of the handset. Just looks really odd.

..Anyway, long-story short, clearly my soul-mate must work at Nokia because now they're releasing the 925 that not only weighs less, not only has an AMOLED screen but also has almost entirely got rid of that wasted real estate. Bottom line, I'm extremely excited - 925 MIGHT just be the best phone I've ever owned (no haters, but that crown is still with the iPhone 5).

As I said in other post, being a hardcore superman fan since the chris reeve era, the 14th is shaping up to be something of an early christmas day :)

ps. they've also included a white balance/saturation slider so you can customize the amoled colour vibrancy which some have differing tastes too. Perfect.
    Last edited by paddylaz; 06-04-2013 at 06:08 AM.
    06-04-2013 05:57 AM
    I agree, I as well prefer the AMOLED screen. We have the HD7-L710-L810- Floating around this house I'm still using the HD7 as the wife and kids are sporting the other Lumia's screen size is a big factor to me as well. as for me 4.5-4.7 for me fits very well.
    06-04-2013 07:20 AM
    I agree with all the reasons stated above. The biggest reason being that it's coming to T-Mobile USA. Also, I prefer the design over the 920 and 928.

Although, I would love to have the same exact design as the 800. That was Lumia at it's best.
    Mystictrust likes this.
    06-04-2013 09:53 AM
    Although, I would love to have the same exact design as the 800. That was Lumia at it's best.

That's defo LUMIA at its best, but design wise for me it's got to be the Nokia N9, which was obviously the prototype for 800.
    I'd argue best looking phone of all time, especially in black. Also loved the way the n9 and 800 had that screen that sort of looks like wax melted over the phone body.

The 925 screen is a lot flatter, but never mind
    06-04-2013 10:00 AM
    That's defo LUMIA at its best, but design wise for me it's got to be the Nokia N9, which was obviously the prototype for 800.
    I'd argue best looking phone of all time, especially in black. Also loved the way the n9 and 800 had that screen that sort of looks like wax melted over the phone body.

The 925 screen is a lot flatter, but never mind
    Definitely agree. Not having capacitive buttons made the N9 look great.
    06-04-2013 10:48 AM
    A bit off topic, but N9 wasn't really a Lumia 800 prototype. That design was made for the black swipe UI, while roundness and curved glass worked for the swipe that starts outside the screen. Also the UI itself worked with the roundness of the UI icons.

Imo N9 and iPhone 4 are the best looking modern TS phones ever.
    06-04-2013 11:00 AM
    I completely agree about the AMOLED screen. That's something I've been missing like crazy since switching from my 810 to my 920. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking I probably will get a 925 myself, even though I've got a 920. In white, at that.
    06-04-2013 01:59 PM
    I completely agree about the AMOLED screen. That's something I've been missing like crazy since switching from my 810 to my 920. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking I probably will get a 925 myself, even though I've got a 920. In white, at that.
    The amoled is much more important on a lumia than other phones, simply because the windows phone ui (assuming you use the 'dark' theme) is overloaded with blacks- backgrounds, settings menus and of course the main live tile screen. On the lumia 920, the IPS display of course produces blacks that are really very dark grey/charcoal, so you can see where the screen bezel starts easily etc. With amoled, the perfect blacks blend seamlessly.

Yes it's a small thing, but it's those small things that are attractive to the eye and make the overall experience better. Plus I like (remembering back to my black lumia 800) how the amoled in combination with the black handset made all screen contents kind of seem to float in the air when using the phone at night/in bed. Which I like.
    06-04-2013 02:20 PM
    The amoled is much more important on a lumia than other phones, simply because the windows phone ui (assuming you use the 'dark' theme) is overloaded with blacks- backgrounds, settings menus and of course the main live tile screen. On the lumia 920, the IPS display of course produces blacks that are really very dark grey/charcoal, so you can see where the screen bezel starts easily etc. With amoled, the perfect blacks blend seamlessly.

Yes it's a small thing, but it's those small things that are attractive to the eye and make the overall experience better. Plus I like (remembering back to my black lumia 800) how the amoled in combination with the black handset made all screen contents kind of seem to float in the air when using the phone at night/in bed. Which I like.
    Another reason I prefer the AMOLED screens is because phones that have them tend to have better battery life, or at least that's the case with the Lumias as far as I know.
    06-04-2013 02:48 PM
    Another reason I prefer the AMOLED screens is because phones that have them tend to have better battery life, or at least that's the case with the Lumias as far as I know.
    Interesting that you say that, I've noticed that but never gave it too much thought, I'm always loading my phone on the car charger or home charger so I've never really noticed it.
    06-04-2013 07:37 PM
    I've never had a high-end phone before (currently using a 521 which is actually my first real smartphone as well), and I'm with TMO. Also I've always been a Nokia fan ever since the 3310 days, and I currently enjoy WP8 over iOS and Android. Just hoping the price is right!

I also actually like the design of the 925 (not so much the monotonous color but that's not a deal breaker for me) over the other two based on what I've seen online. Obviously may change once I handle it personally.
    06-04-2013 07:55 PM